FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Post Your Free Vehicle Upgrades Here (2017-Onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848848-post-your-free-vehicle-upgrades-here-2017-onward.html)

AJO Jan 2, 2017 6:26 am

Post Your Free Vehicle Upgrades Here (2017-Onward)

Rotterdam Central Station (NL)
Hertz Gold 5*
Booked: D ("midsize", Ford Mondeo or similar) - booking made with points
Received: K (midsize estate), Kia Cee'd Sportswagon

1.5 years old, 56k kilometers on the clock. Nice enough car, but I was surprised to see such an "old" car still being offered.

CalItalian Jan 5, 2017 7:13 pm

LAX
PC
Booked FCAR for $7.05 per weekend day (AAA rate inc. $5 off per day coupon).
Assigned YI (Lincoln MKC)
Nice upgrade for the price. Nearly new.
This was for today 1/5/17. Lot was full of cars (post-New Year's) with little activity going on.

ferg01 Jan 11, 2017 2:56 am

5*
Booked G Audi A4 or similar (auto) PDAR
Aberdeen airport to Edinburgh city centre
Received Audi Q7 S-line with 8,000 miles on the clock.

Great upgrade. I'm not sure of the classification of the Q7 in the UK as it's not listed on the website. It must have a massive fuel tank because Hertz put a €450 hold on my card for fuel. In contrast, in DUB, they put the usual €200 on that model.

cestmoi123 Jan 11, 2017 8:27 am

Originally Posted by ferg01 (Post 27742032)
5*
Booked G Audi A4 or similar (auto) PDAR
Aberdeen airport to Edinburgh city centre
Received Audi Q7 S-line with 8,000 miles on the clock.

Great upgrade. I'm not sure of the classification of the Q7 in the UK as it's not listed on the website. It must have a massive fuel tank because Hertz put a €450 hold on my card for fuel. In contrast, in DUB, they put the usual €200 on that model.

In the US, at least, it's an 85 liter tank.

SKYEG Jan 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Quick summary of my year as a PC member:

I always book PCAR with points, or pay for FCAR/PCAR(depending on price difference) and try for an upgrade. I don't look at the board or carfirmation as I'm always willing to pay to grab something better.

All bookings were at LAX(80%) and LAS(20%)

In the past year(2016), I've gotten discounted rates to upgrade($25-$100 daily w/ unlimited miles) on the following:
Porsche 911
Porsche Panorama
Porsche Boxster
Porsche Cayman
Shelby GT-H
Mercedes C63 AMG

I know they aren't free upgrades but the walk up/bookable rates are always 2x-4x higher than these, plus you don't get the unlimited miles! They always point out that these rates are offered to me as a valued PC member.

I've also received free upgrades to the following cars(All from PCAR/FCAR bookings):

Mercedes SLK250
Mercedes C Class
Mercedes E Class
Mercedes GL550
GMC Yukon
Mustang Convertible
Mustang GT Convertible

SLV Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm

LGB Airport, PC
Reserved: G
Offered Cadillac XTS, but asked for Avalon (YI). Agent was very happy to switch as another agent wanted to upsale the XTS. :)

lmsalman Jan 20, 2017 9:01 am

RDU - President's Circle
Booked C (Corolla or similar)
Received access to President's Circle section of Ultimate Choice, took a 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0 Premium (Car Class G4) with just a hair over 2000 miles.

Cymro Jan 24, 2017 3:28 am

One I had to fight for.

FRA
PC
Economy (B)
Received (B) - Fiesta

Rejected and eventually got a Ford Focus with nav (Q6) - also has heated seats, cruise, and parking sensors but plastic wheel covers and manual headlights and wipers. Was told that the upgrade was subject to availability and not confirmed.

Given that even 170 km/h is not really fast enough on the Autobahn I'm glad I managed to get the upgrade I did. I usually get at least an intermediate in Germany because of this but rates were very high.

Wooglin Jan 24, 2017 11:59 am

DFW
Pres Circle
Booked: C
Received: 2016 Infiniti QX60 with 12k miles

easyride Jan 24, 2017 1:02 pm

BUD
PC
Booked Compact automatic (CCAR)
Received Jaguar XE (PDAR)

dinanm3atl Jan 25, 2017 7:37 pm

MCO - Booked C Wed-Sun
Landed and was upgraded to a Mustang Convertible.

Had to change via app to a Hyundai Elantra. Had 3 people and need the space. Otherwise a great upgrade generally speaking.

Schweden Jan 27, 2017 7:24 am

YYZ
PC
Booked F
Assigned 2017 Chrysler 300C Platinum YG/L

Good as always but the 900W "19-speaker" Harman Kardon sound system with surround sound was unbearably terrible.

bennos Jan 29, 2017 6:14 am

LAX (sigh)
PC
Booked: Toyota Camry/Nissan Altima (F6)
Assigned: Toyota Camry (F6)
Received: Chevy Impala (F)

The first Camry (at the far side of the lot) smelled like smoke, the second Camry (at the other far side of the lot) had a tire pressure warning. Then they were out of Camrys. I wasn't too upset, though, as the Impala was actually a newer, nicer car (!) (trim, etc), it was much closer to the office, and I probably only booked F6 because it was cheaper than F at the time.

DTW
PC
Booked: Midsize SUV (Q4)
Received: Ford Expedition (T)

Monday midday, basically all the lower classes had been rented or assigned already. That thing is too huuuuuuuge (queue accordion music). Next time I think I'd ask for a downgrade.

JFK
PC
Booked: Midsize SUV (Q4)
Assigned: Infiniti QX60 (Z4, Prestige)
Received: Hyundai Santa Fe (L)

Sadly, the QX60 had a busted drivers side mirror. The Santa Fe is almost new, though.

stimpy Feb 5, 2017 11:40 am

LYS

Plat
Booked Compact group C
Given Nissan X-Trail
This is an excellent mid-size crossover. No complaints whatsoever.

mjcewl1284 Feb 5, 2017 7:45 pm

BWI

PC
Booked Intermediate
Given SUV, Kia Sorrento with ~2,000 miles on it.
New car smell and great car overall with Sirius XM radio included