Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Since Hertz has cars on both sides of the airport it really doesn't matter. For convenience you might want to specify the airline you are arriving on the night before and go to that side for the rental pickup.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Hertz Gold
Hello Guys,

I'm traveling to MCO on Sep, getting there on a Sunday afternoon. I'm regular Gold member and reserved an intermediate for ultimate choice option.
Does anyone has experience on what type of cars can you find at MCO on that section, would you be able to find a minivan out?

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by ferva6
Hello Guys,

I'm traveling to MCO on Sep, getting there on a Sunday afternoon. I'm regular Gold member and reserved an intermediate for ultimate choice option.
Does anyone has experience on what type of cars can you find at MCO on that section, would you be able to find a minivan out?

Thanks
Last few times I was there regular Gold just had base Sonatas, Cruze, etc. Only section I saw minivans in was PC (which were pretty consistently present in mid August).
​​
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:55 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Any recent experiences with the PC / 5* lots? I am arriving Saturday later at night, hoping to get either a small / medium SUV or a good full size.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Went by yesterday at 5 PM. I'd booked a mid sized SUV as it was the cheapest but received no Carfirmation. I went to the garage nearest my gates and saw my car was in spot 179. After five minutes of walking and being unable to find it, I asked an agent who told me that 179 was in the other garage on the other side of the terminal. He said if I went to the customer service booth they'd get me a new car. There was a big line there so I just headed to the PC area

Selection was decent, a little SUV heavier than I'm used to and with a disproportionate number of Optimas. It was raining all week so I turned down the Mustang and ended up taking a Buick Regal with 6,000 miles and Sirius XM.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
Went by yesterday at 5 PM. I'd booked a mid sized SUV as it was the cheapest but received no Carfirmation. I went to the garage nearest my gates and saw my car was in spot 179. After five minutes of walking and being unable to find it, I asked an agent who told me that 179 was in the other garage on the other side of the terminal. He said if I went to the customer service booth they'd get me a new car. There was a big line there so I just headed to the PC area

[removed image]

Selection was decent, a little SUV heavier than I'm used to and with a disproportionate number of Optimas. It was raining all week so I turned down the Mustang and ended up taking a Buick Regal with 6,000 miles and Sirius XM.
Not bad! I wish DCA was as decent as this one.

Crossing fingers to get something good tomorrow. A Nissan Rogue would do it.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 17, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Picked up on the A side Friday night around 1030pm. The spots were all full at the PC UC section, a large variety of sedans, couple Kia Sportages, 2 Chrysler Pacifica minivans, a high mileage Chevy Equinox, and a Low mileage Buick Encore that I took as I was with the family.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:12 am

This was on 9/1 around 11 PM. While the PC lot was empty, the choices left were decent. Got an almost brand new Nissan Rogue.

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hertz presidents circle, Hilton honors , Marriott, SPG Gold
Picked up from the B side around 5pm on a Friday a couple of weeks back.

Decent selection in UC, a few low mileage mid spec equinox, some nicely trimmed Maximas and Camrys, a couple of Chevy Silverado pick ups and a couple of Dodge challengers.

I found a Dodge Durango GT with 11k right at the end so I took that.

overall, a really good mix of vehicles, albeit nothing spectacular
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Will be coming in next week - has anyone had any good pickings in the Five Star lot?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I was there last week. 5 Star lot was mediocre at best. Tons of Kia Forte's and compact/midsize cars. PC was also meh. There was a F150, one 300S, several newish chargers (under 5k mi), one challenger at 35k mi, and numerous minivans.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Really sad with what was presented at MCO PC this morning. Usually have at least one truly 'premium' car but the best car(which I took was a Fusion Hybrid with 800 miles). Multiple Red Kia Souls. 5 or 6 of Buick's horrible little SUV. A pickup truck and random Chevy sedans. The only two larger cars were 2 Dodge Chargers. Really disappointing. At least only 48 hours here where as most time up to a week. The Fusion Hybrid is not a bad car by any means. Just used to better options.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:51 pm

Arrived around 9pm today on A. Full lot for PC. A couple of camrys, malibu, kia sonata, a Nissan Rogue - mostly what is expect in the full size lot. Saw two chrystler 300s at the very end and went with one. Both brand new (only had 250 miles).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:37 pm

I need a minivan for a one-way MCO to port Canaveral. I can't book a one-way minivan on points. Can I make a minivan reservation on cash and another intermediate on points for the same day. Then if I find a van in the PC aisle I can cancel the minivan cash ressie and use the points ressie? If I don't see a minivan in the PC aisle, cancel the points ressie and use my minivan ressie instead? Any problem with this plan? We have lots of points, so I hate to pay cash if I can figure out a way to use them instead.

ETA: It seems, skimming through here, there is a good chance a van will be in the PC aisle.

Last edited by Jennlynd; Dec 1, 2018 at 7:38 pm Reason: additional info
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:20 pm

I was at MCO twice more recently, totally different selections:
11/25 ~10pm:
- Midsize sedan city. Zero minivans or SUVs of any kind. Only thing slightly special was the Charger GT I took.

11/28 ~2:30pm
- SUV and minivan city. Only like 5 sedans in PC. 2019 Yukon and 2 Ford Expeditions (old and new styles), bunch of smaller SUVs and minivans. Even some compact (Rogue, Equinox, etc) SUVs and high trim minivans in Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.