Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Was at Hertz LGA on Friday morning and again today (Monday) morning. Friday morning was pretty sparse and nothing at all decent in 5* or PC. This morning both sections were full, bit very underwhelming as it typical at LGA:

President's Circle
  • One Jaguar XE
  • One Nissan Quest Minivan
  • Two Infiniti G37's
  • Various flavors of Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata, Chevy Cruze, Kia Optima, Toyota Corolla

Five Star
  • Nissan Altima
  • Hyundai Elantra
  • Chevy Cruze
  • Subaru Impreza
  • Toyota Camry
  • Nissan Sentra
  • Kia Soll
  • Kia Optima

Basically a typical LGA day except for the Jag which is a rate sighting there.
I'm shocked Hertz LGA let that Jag out of the paid upgrade area!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:28 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Hertz LGA again early this morning... 5* and PC looked pretty much identical with various flavors of:

Nissan Altima
Hyundai Elantra
Chevy Cruze
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Camry
Nissan Sentra
Kia Optima

Not a single desirable vehicle in the bunch. LGA is just totally underwhelming 95% of the time when it comes to UC.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:45 am

Hertz LGA again early this morning... 5* and PC looked pretty much identical with various flavors of:

Nissan Altima
Hyundai Elantra
Chevy Cruze
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Camry
Nissan Sentra
Kia Optima

Not a single desirable vehicle in the bunch. LGA is just totally underwhelming 95% of the time when it comes to UC.
Anything in the "Premium Upgrade" spots? I'd be more than happy to pay when I rent there next Tuesday.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle

Nissan Altima
Hyundai Elantra
Chevy Cruze
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Camry
Nissan Sentra
Kia Optima

You must have been there right around when I was. Same exact vehicles. I almost took a Cruze Premier from 5* but took an Altima SL from PC

Originally Posted by vr67
Anything in the "Premium Upgrade" spots? I'd be more than happy to pay when I rent there next Tuesday.
A GLA250 was the only vehicle there today.

I've seen The following there:
RR Discovery
Camero RS Convertible
Corvette Convertible
Q50
Q60
QX30
QX70
QX80
Jaguar XE
GLA250

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 21, 2017 at 6:29 pm Reason: multi-quote
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Was at LGA 2 weeks ago, not a single car in the 5* or PC lots. Asked at the counter and was eventually given a Jeep Compass that was in such bad condition I wanted to refuse it - but they didn't have anything else.

Very unimpressed.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:36 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by noubliepas
Was at LGA 2 weeks ago, not a single car in the 5* or PC lots. Asked at the counter and was eventually given a Jeep Compass that was in such bad condition I wanted to refuse it - but they didn't have anything else.

Very unimpressed.
LGA is about the worst of the worst when it comes to UC (I should know since it's my home airport). Plus, because of all the construction at LGA, they had their T1 lines cut recently and they were completely hobbled for a couple of weeks, which had disastrous consequences for them. Not making excuses for them--just saying that LGA is definitely NOT indicative of the UC experience in general. I really do wish LGA would get their act together, but not sure that will ever happen.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:36 am

Aaaaand the joy that is Hertz LGA continues. Picked up Saturday late morning, PC area was completely empty, except for one QX30, and the keys were missing from that. 5* area had two Sentras and a Journey. I asked the staff, and got the usual blank "well, what do you want me to do about it? I just work here, it's not like renting cars is my job or anything" look. After about ten minutes, one of the staff brought out a 4Runner SR5, so I took it. Godawful truck, but at least it has four wheels and goes.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:58 pm

At around 5pm on a Sunday, PC area was full, pretty much all Japanese/Korean sedans (mainly Camrys and Optimas).
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:08 pm

lga

Uc at lga

Chevy cruze
2x elantra
kia rorte
Camry
Kia sportage

premium upgrades
Q50 2.0t
Ultimate series
Mb sl
​​​​​​​chevy camaro convertible
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:37 pm

UC at lga on 6/15 Thursday afternoon:

PC:
-Q50 3.0T
-Altimas, Camrys, I believe 2 Hyundai Santa Fe's
Upgrade:
SLC300, 2 Jag XE's(?), Camaro Convertible

UC on Monday 6/19-

PC:
-The usual full size assortment

5*:
-Chrysler 300C
-2x Infiniti QX30 2.0T

Don't know what happened on Monday but 5* had "nicer" cars than PC for some reason, especially that 300C.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:08 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I've seen that too (nicer cars in 5* than PC). I believe it's caused by lazy lot attendants who can't be bothered to move cars into the PC area and keep it stocked.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:33 am

Rented from LGA morning of 6/22. Reserved - F Class.

Never Again.

Ignoring the obvious gripes that LGA is a third-world country (yes, I do realize there's construction), Hertz was even worse. Gold aisle had no cars to speak of. 5* had a beat up Altima and Rouge (each of them > 35K miles), three dirty Elantras, and that's it... Waited and waited, finally got rewarded with a practically new class C Subaru Impreza Hatchback (fun ride btw) with 4k miles.

All in all, I've had a much better UC selection and experience at DTW, DCA, and PHL. I really hope LGA steps their game up eventually.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I'm not sure why everyone always complains about LGA. I really haven't had any problems here other than being assigned 2 different Range Rover Sport vehicles that both didn't have keys.

Here are the vehicles I have received as a PC member from LGA this year, all on an Intermediate reservation:
- Cadillac XT5
- Cadillac CTS
- Cadillac XTS
- Infinity Q50
- Cadillac Escalade
- Audi A3
- VW Passat R-Line
- Chrysler 300C
- Nissan Altima SL

Maybe I am an outcast...

I think UC was available starting with the either the XTS or the Q50
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
I'm not sure why everyone always complains about LGA. I really haven't had any problems here other than being assigned 2 different Range Rover Sport vehicles that both didn't have keys.

Here are the vehicles I have received as a PC member from LGA this year, all on an Intermediate reservation:
- Cadillac XT5
- Cadillac CTS
- Cadillac XTS
- Infinity Q50
- Cadillac Escalade
- Audi A3
- VW Passat R-Line
- Chrysler 300C
- Nissan Altima SL

Maybe I am an outcast...

I think UC was available starting with the either the XTS or the Q50
While that's great, I think that the experiences cited here indicate that you've been a relatively lucky outlier.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:16 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Saturday mornings are just brutal for cars, but I think that's true for any company in the NYC area. I try and cut them a little slack on that, but the general apathy that I see by too many of the staff there is a little hard to forgive.

[edited to add] Things were a little better on Saturday 6/25 around 10 am. PC was pick your sedan; I counted three Toyota Camry SE, one Camry LE, one Kia Optima, two Nissan Altima SL, and a 2017 H6 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE with MA plates and 250 miles on the odometer. I'm pretty sure I was the second person to rent it. The only thing I noted in 5* was a Ford F-150 crew cab.

When I returned the car around 0530, there was a Nissan Rogue, Camry SE, and a WV Passat in the PC section. 5* had mostly a mix of mid-size and full-size Hyundai and Nissan sedans and a nice Chevy Cruz Premium that I'd like to try sometime.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 25, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.