Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
For more information about how to get to/from Hertz at LGA to the various terminals, click here - https://pub.emails.hertz.com/bus-info-lga

For a map of where the Hertz shuttle pick up and drop off for all terminals is located, click here - https://www.laguardiaairport.com/static/LGA/pdf/LGA-Rental-Car-Shuttle-Transfer-Point.pdf

Print Wikipost

Where is Hertz at LGA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Where is Hertz at LGA?

Traveling with 2 seniors. Rented Hertz. Is it easy to navigate to Hertz (flying in with AA from Dallas)? Or should I ask them to wait at departure area and let me go to pick up the car first and then drive back to pick them up? They can walk but if it's too far/hard (lots up stairs) it may be an issue. Best routes recommended if walking is possible, thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:44 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
It’s not a great situation, due to the construction, and involves two steps to get to Hertz:

1. Wait for and get on a free BLUE shuttle from the AA Terminal (B) to the rental car shuttle location adjacent to the Marine Air Terminal (A).
2. At the Marine Air Terminal transfer point, transfer to the free Hertz Shuttle to the Herz lot.
Budget 15 minutes or so for this.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 29, 2020 at 11:52 am
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Traveling with 2 seniors. Rented Hertz. Is it easy to navigate to Hertz (flying in with AA from Dallas)? Or should I ask them to wait at departure area and let me go to pick up the car first and then drive back to pick them up? They can walk but if it's too far/hard (lots up stairs) it may be an issue. Best routes recommended if walking is possible, thanks!
Do you really need to rent at the airport? Where are you headed from LGA?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Headed to East Penn, pretty far, have to rent at the airport especially with 2 elderly with me.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
It’s not a great situation, due to the construction, and involves two steps to get to Hertz...
Oh gosh, I was fearing for this as I know the airport is under construction. Thanks....

Quick question, at close to 11 PM will there still be blue shuttle? I know Hertz is 24 hours but will the terminal shuttles be?

Would you have a better suggestion to get to East Penn? Our party has a total of 7 (including another family with 3 children)
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 29, 2020 at 2:18 pm Reason: Consecutive posts merged
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Would you have a better suggestion to get to East Penn? Our party has a total of 7 (including another family with 3 children)
Did not realize that there were seven in your party. If it were just three of you, taking a taxi to a rental-car office in Manhattan might have been easier.

If you're headed to Eastern Pennsylvania, it's a shame that you're flying into LGA, rather than EWR.
Auto Enthusiast, Cymro and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:54 pm

Quick question, at close to 11 PM will there still be blue shuttle? I know Hertz is 24 hours but will the terminal shuttles be?
Per LGA’s website, yes. https://laguardiaairport.com/at-airport/on-airport-bus
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Did not realize that there were seven in your party. If it were just three of you, taking a taxi to a rental-car office in Manhattan might have been easier.

If you're headed to Eastern Pennsylvania, it's a shame that you're flying into LGA, rather than EWR.
Tell me about it. Long story that I won't bother to share here, but just that I've made the mistake of letting my in-laws buy the tickets.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:19 am

Where is Hertz at LGA?

I'm coming from the city to pick up a car but the Web site gives only directions from the terminal. Does anyone know whether I should go to the Hertz at the top of the map (where they're directing me) or the one near the bottom (where I used to go as of a year ago)? I have a feeling if I go to the one at the top they're going to put me on a shuttle to get back to the one at the bottom.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:48 am

The lot is at 22 Marine Air Terminal Road; the location at the bottom of your map. The shuttle stop to/from the terminals is adjacent to the Marine Air Terminal, closer to the Flightsafety waypoint than the actual mark at the top of your map.

I take the M60-SBS and get off at the 82nd Street stop and walk across the GCP to the lot; it takes about 5-7 minutes.
Firstboss likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 10:41 am

Thanks -- perfect! That's what I used to do, too; I just couldn't tell whether it had moved in the past year.

Seth
Old Oct 8, 2020, 2:35 pm

Not a problem; I've tried a bunch of subway/bus options to get to the Hertz LGA lot (Q47 from Roosevelt Ave, Q69 from Astoria/Ditmars) and find the M60-SBS to be the quickest option. I try and update the LGA thread whenever I rent.

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
M60 is the best option, indeed. Not sure if the long-term construction is over at LGA, but shuttles to rental lot were taking forever a year ago due to this construction
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
This seems to just be a recent Google Maps mix-up. I had a rental the other day and was also wondering if they had suddenly moved the lot (they have not). I'll see if I can submit a correction to Google.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by CMK10
Picked up Friday 8/20 at 4 PM. I hadn't gotten a rental car at LGA in a few years and I didn't realize how complicated it was now. There are no signs at Terminal B telling you how to get to the rental cars but thankfully a shuttle driver told me I'd have to ride the LGA Bus to Terminal A and switch to a Hertz bus.
Is this still the case? I haven't rented at LGA, and just assumed there'd be a big shiny Hertz bus driving by to take me to the rental lot, regardless of what terminal I'm at...?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 2, 2022 at 6:57 pm Reason: moved into thread with maps and details on the current situation
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:13 am

Yes, Hertz can only be reached when arriving into LGA by taking a LGA shuttle to Terminal A and then a Hertz shuttle to their lot. The reverse process for departures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.