Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Weekender Special

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Hmmm. Maybe I'll try that in Rochester and hope for the best, except I think I'm returning it before they open Maybe I'll print out the PDF and staple it to the contract when I leave it in the box with the keys (hate doing that...). I'm sure my HLE will try to take care of me though when I rent instead of taking a taxi from the airport...

-J.
Which HLE? The Gates HLE or somewhere else?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
If I were Hertz, I would specify no PCs with this RQ.
They already had. Their issue was that they failed to implement this properly on the website.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Which HLE? The Gates HLE or somewhere else?
Oh, I'm sorry if I confused you -- I'm talking about my HLE here in Salt Lake City I'm only going to Rochester for a weekend (round-trip airport rental... although if they give me a junk car I'll cancel it and just take taxis), and when I get back to SLC I was going to do a one-way from the airport to the Downtown Salt Lake HLE instead of taking a taxi. I have a very good relationship with my HLE; I don't know how the HLEs are in Rochester though.

Originally Posted by dayone
If I were Hertz, I would specify no PCs with this RQ.
Originally Posted by roymustang
They already had. Their issue was that they failed to implement this properly on the website.
^ We were taking advantage of a broken website. As ironic as it sounds, they've basically fixed it.

-J.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jan_believes
====================
Airport or HLE?
Hotel and Airport... haven't use HLE with the promo.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This just gets stranger and stranger...

Looking at cars at SJC this weekend. With the AAA CDP, no RQ and no coupons, pickups on Friday are around $50/day, whilst pickups on Saturday are $12.48/day.

Add in the $10 off coupon, and Friday becomes "No cars available", whilst Saturday stays at $12.48 before the $10 off (so ~$2.50 afterwards).

AAA + XPC1 for Saturday pickup gives $12.14. Add in the coupon and it jumps back up to $12.48, but the coupon works. I haven't tried applying the coupon post booking - for 34 cents it's just not worth the effort...
Old Oct 17, 2012, 2:58 pm

Oh, I'm sorry if I confused you -- I'm talking about my HLE here in Salt Lake City I'm only going to Rochester for a weekend (round-trip airport rental... although if they give me a junk car I'll cancel it and just take taxis), and when I get back to SLC I was going to do a one-way from the airport to the Downtown Salt Lake HLE instead of taking a taxi. I have a very good relationship with my HLE; I don't know how the HLEs are in Rochester though.

^ We were taking advantage of a broken website. As ironic as it sounds, they've basically fixed it.

-J.
Thank you for your clarification. Just FYI, if you are going more than 5 miles for one-way, then certainly go for a rental even if the PC doesn't apply. Taxis in Rochester are just very expensive. 4.1 miles from my home to the airport easily net us $22-$25 depending on how kind the traffic lights are. Sometimes, they also joke about me not giving tips because of whatever culture I was in. This is flat out ridiculous.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Thank you for your clarification. Just FYI, if you are going more than 5 miles for one-way, then certainly go for a rental even if the PC doesn't apply. Taxis in Rochester are just very expensive. 4.1 miles from my home to the airport easily net us $22-$25 depending on how kind the traffic lights are. Sometimes, they also joke about me not giving tips because of whatever culture I was in. This is flat out ridiculous.
A taxi from the airport to the UR River Campus isn't that expensive (plus, UR has a deal with one company so it's only $10 each way) I'd like to have a car that weekend, but if it's significantly more expensive (i.e., if they can't apply the PC) or they don't have any decent cars available (I'm only on a B reservation but I won't take a Versa/Sentra or Corolla!), I won't hesitate to cancel the reservation altogether.

On the other hand, perhaps I could get one of my friends with security to give me a lift... I've done it before

-J.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:38 pm

A taxi from the airport to the UR River Campus isn't that expensive (plus, UR has a deal with one company so it's only $10 each way) I'd like to have a car that weekend, but if it's significantly more expensive (i.e., if they can't apply the PC) or they don't have any decent cars available (I'm only on a B reservation but I won't take a Versa/Sentra or Corolla!), I won't hesitate to cancel the reservation altogether.

On the other hand, perhaps I could get one of my friends with security to give me a lift... I've done it before

-J.
That's great to hear. Are you an UR alumni? Just wanna let you know I am.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's great to hear. Are you an UR alumni? Just wanna let you know I am.
Ish... I went there for two years but then transferred out. I'm now at Westminster College in SLC. I'm just going to Rochester to visit my friends

-J.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Broke the website again. I'm able to book FRDM for a Friday day only w/o a Friday night keep. HLE to airport. OTOH pick-up service isn't coming up as an option (called in and they got me anyway)

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Oct 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer
Can't get this in New York City, what have others done to bring down the cost of weekend rentals in the Big Apple?
Use points.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Wow. Didn't check back after starting is thread, and look what I missed...

()
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm. I booked my ROC reservation originally back when there were no issues with the modify trick. Just got my email statement of charges and everything checks out It says $20 adjustment so maybe they did it manually. I am super pleased though I got a Q4 for only $25 for two days

-J.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Premier 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I need to book a SEA-Tac Airport to Seattle Downtown HLE One Way. The XCT1 weekender code wont work. I keep getting the normal rates.

Any ideas on why this won't work?

I also tried doing a round trip, and it still didn't work.

My dates are Nov 8 (8pm) to Nov 9 (4pm)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by janisw08
I need to book a SEA-Tac Airport to Seattle Downtown HLE One Way. The XCT1 weekender code wont work. I keep getting the normal rates.

Any ideas on why this won't work?

I also tried doing a round trip, and it still didn't work.

My dates are Nov 8 (8pm) to Nov 9 (4pm)
The T&Cs for this promo state that if you pickup on a Thursday or Friday, then a Friday night keep is required (i.e. the earliest you can return it is on a Saturday). YMMV of course, as I got lucky a couple of weeks ago.

Broke the website again. I'm able to book FRDM for a Friday day only w/o a Friday night keep. HLE to airport.
Give Friday morning pickup a shot (if that works for your schedule) and let us know if that works; I'm curious if I just got lucky or it's actually built in.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.