Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Weekender Special

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Will XCT1 be renewed?

This is the last weekend RQ XCT1 is supposed to work, as it expires on the 31st. I tried making a booking using it for next weekend and it indeed doesn't work, instead giving me rates of $47 for an ECAR

Anybody know if they're planning on renewing it or doing a similar kind of deal in the future?

-J.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:00 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
This is the last weekend RQ XCT1 is supposed to work, as it expires on the 31st. I tried making a booking using it for next weekend and it indeed doesn't work, instead giving me rates of $47 for an ECAR

Anybody know if they're planning on renewing it or doing a similar kind of deal in the future?

-J.
It should work if you put 12 noon or after for the pickup date. You may have to rent for 2 days or longer since 1/31 is on Thursday. I got a 2 day "frdm" rental to work at my local HLE starting noon on Thursday with Saturday noon return.

Didn't stack w/coupon since rate was cheap enough. FRDM didn't work for following weekend in Feb.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just booked an FCAR using XCT1 for a weekend where I will need an SUV or Minivan. I am PC (status-matched from Avis). What are my chances of the counter agent giving me one of these at the XCT1 rate? It's a corporate airport location, for reference.

Also, It is my first US rental from Hertz since getting Gold and PC, so my confirmation stated that "Gold Service cannot be confirmed". Not sure if that has any bearing.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rmlanman
Just booked an FCAR using XCT1 for a weekend where I will need an SUV or Minivan. I am PC (status-matched from Avis). What are my chances of the counter agent giving me one of these at the XCT1 rate? It's a corporate airport location, for reference.

Also, It is my first US rental from Hertz since getting Gold and PC, so my confirmation stated that "Gold Service cannot be confirmed". Not sure if that has any bearing.
Why didn't you book an SUV? Mid-size SUV is $29.99 per weekend day with the XCT1 code ($25.49 AAA).
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I meant I needed the van or SUV for the seats. A Mid-Size SUV doesn't get me any extra seats. I actually hadn't seen that rate before though, so I'll go ahead and book that as I imagine that will certainly increase my chances of getting the upgrade to the class I need.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rmlanman
I meant I needed the van or SUV for the seats. A Mid-Size SUV doesn't get me any extra seats. I actually hadn't seen that rate before though, so I'll go ahead and book that as I imagine that will certainly increase my chances of getting the upgrade to the class I need.
If you need a van or a full-size SUV, then book a van or a full size SUV.

The PC guaranteed upgrade doesn't apply to these type of vehicles, so booking a mid-size SUV and expecting to get something larger based on that is unlikely to end well. Depending on the actual location it's also possible they will be sold out of the larger vehicles by the time you get there.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:20 pm

these acronyms are driving me NUTS!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
PC 180235 $5 off per day, up to $20. Useful for SLC where everything else is not working and taxes are ridiculous!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by owflyer
PC 180235 $5 off per day, up to $20. Useful for SLC where everything else is not working and taxes are ridiculous!
SLC is a strange case -- it appears that they perhaps aren't participating in this promo, since when you use RQ XCT1 it only shows prepaid rates (I think they end up being a VSTAT* rate) -- and on that note, doesn't even show all of the categories (lowest available is EDAR), and non-prepaid rates (which do show all categories) are TMD*/MCL* rates.

Oddly, without any kind of RQ input, SLC (for this coming weekend) has some pretty decent rates, although still more than the advertised $14.99.

When the XCT1 promo first returned, I actually made a reservation at SLC using XCT1 but had the Hertz Twitter agents make the booking for me. They had to go in and do it manually, and an ICAR rate came out to be just over $58 all-in for two days. I couldn't view my reservation online or anything (since it was using an "invalid" rate quote), and only had an email and the direct message history on Twitter as proof of my reservation. Luckily, it went without a hitch and I even got a nice 5* upgrade to an ICAH

-J.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
SLC is a strange case -- it appears that they perhaps aren't participating in this promo, since when you use RQ XCT1 it only shows prepaid rates (I think they end up being a VSTAT* rate) -- and on that note, doesn't even show all of the categories (lowest available is EDAR), and non-prepaid rates (which do show all categories) are TMD*/MCL* rates.

Oddly, without any kind of RQ input, SLC (for this coming weekend) has some pretty decent rates, although still more than the advertised $14.99.

When the XCT1 promo first returned, I actually made a reservation at SLC using XCT1 but had the Hertz Twitter agents make the booking for me. They had to go in and do it manually, and an ICAR rate came out to be just over $58 all-in for two days. I couldn't view my reservation online or anything (since it was using an "invalid" rate quote), and only had an email and the direct message history on Twitter as proof of my reservation. Luckily, it went without a hitch and I even got a nice 5* upgrade to an ICAH

-J.

Thanks for the insight, trying to book a weekend if you can take a look, lowest I get can get down to is $120 for an ICAR.

SLC
OUT 3/14 2PM
IN 3/18 10AM

PM if you have a direct contact as a better option, thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by owflyer
Thanks for the insight, trying to book a weekend if you can take a look, lowest I get can get down to is $120 for an ICAR.

SLC
OUT 3/14 2PM
IN 3/18 10AM

PM if you have a direct contact as a better option, thanks.
I think that's as cheap as it will get without XCT1; you're paying just over $30/day all-in, which includes the $5/day facility charge and ~$3/day in other taxes and fees.

Do you have a Twitter account? If you do, get in touch with @Hertz, and once they follow you, you can DM your details and they can set it up. Alternatively, I'm sure you can book the XCT1 rate over the phone (they'll probably do it manually like they had to do for me) -- just be sure to specifically mention that you want the Weekender Special $17.99/day ICAR rate with RQ XCT1. The bad news is that it probably won't save you much

-J.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question about using XCT1/VSTPTE for the weekend. I realize the T&C says must return by Monday noon, but Hertz's website let me prepay the car for $14.99/day picking up on Saturday and returning on Tuesday. I'm wondering if they'll actually increase the price for the Tuesday return either at the time of pickup or return. Anyone know?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by italdesign
Question about using XCT1/VSTPTE for the weekend. I realize the T&C says must return by Monday noon, but Hertz's website let me prepay the car for $14.99/day picking up on Saturday and returning on Tuesday. I'm wondering if they'll actually increase the price for the Tuesday return either at the time of pickup or return. Anyone know?
No. You're good to go. I ignore whatever the promo says and just go with what the system allows for booking online.

The only thing I notice on contracts at the airport vs. online reservation is that the taxes/fees are always a little less so the total ends up being less.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:54 pm

What's the best strategy for points earning now that triple hertz points are over and there are these low weekend rates?

Best deal is VSTPTE and 182092? I'm getting 3 days from FLL airport for $42, seems pretty good.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A word of caution with using prepaid rates, i.e. RQ VSTPTE: you will not earn Hertz Gold Rewards points if you use this RQ. I learned this the hard way, and recourse was futile

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.