Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Weekender Special

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:54 pm

For LAS, with a pickup Saturday/return Tuesday, the 135892 coupon is deducted, and the reservation shows as $43.61 total.

Since the offer states drop off by Monday, will the 135892 $30 coupon be rejected at return?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
I have been unable to get the $14.99 or $13.99 rate to show up for ORD for 10/12 - 10/14. Tried all the tricks mentioned in this thread but to no avail. Been using the MI AAA CDP. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by MidTierStatus
I have been unable to get the $14.99 or $13.99 rate to show up for ORD for 10/12 - 10/14. Tried all the tricks mentioned in this thread but to no avail. Been using the MI AAA CDP. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong...
"select participating airport or neighborhood locations"

Chicago seems to be uninterested in this promo, airport and HLE alike.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
"select participating airport or neighborhood locations"

Chicago seems to be uninterested in this promo, airport and HLE alike.
I did a pickup in Plainfield and drop off in O'Hare last weekend. I think you just have to get far enough from the city for the deal to work.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by heffa
Just adding these step-by-step since I see many get confused by XCT1/FRDM with 10$ off 135892.

1. Book the car with rate code (RQ) XCT1 or FRDM, and (optional) your CDP
2. Make sure pick-up is Thursday-Sunday and return Monday before noon.
3. Select economy/compact rate $14.99/day (or $13.49 if AAA)
4. Book the car and note the confirmation number
5. After booking confirmation, go and edit the reservation
6. Make sure that "I want the Rate Plan I originally reserved" is checked
7. Make sure that your CDP and rate code is on the reservation. Sometimes the rate code falls off, and if so, just add it back.
8. Add promotion coupon (PC): 135892
9. Again select economy/compact rate $14.99/day (or $13.49 if AAA)
10. Check that total in right column (and on last page) will say that coupon is accepted and $10/day is deducted

Note: The other way around will also work, i.e. first adding PC and then editing to add RQ.
Can someone confirm if this is still working? I had it working yesterday, but now if I apply 135892, it didn't show $14.99 to me anymore.

even worse, when i tried to modify the one I booked $4.99, it gave me
Promotional Coupon - The rate requested cannot be combined with a coupon. Please modify your rate request or remove the promotion. [DE145]
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by kikier
Can someone confirm if this is still working? I had it working yesterday, but now if I apply 135892, it didn't show $14.99 to me anymore.

even worse, when i tried to modify the one I booked $4.99, it gave me
Promotional Coupon - The rate requested cannot be combined with a coupon. Please modify your rate request or remove the promotion. [DE145]
Came to this thread to report just the same thing... my reservations not involving the Weekender Special / 135892 can be called up just fine...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Came to this thread to report just the same thing... my reservations not involving the Weekender Special / 135892 can be called up just fine...
I started another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...servation.html) since I was having a problem I think similar to what you were describing. Can you not modify/cancel your FRDM/XCT1-coded reservations? I wonder if they're on to us

Has anyone tried booking with the PC first and applying the RQ afterwards? I wonder if this would be more successful; I'd try it myself but I'm fed up with the site this evening

-J.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I started another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...servation.html) since I was having a problem I think similar to what you were describing. Can you not modify/cancel your FRDM/XCT1-coded reservations? I wonder if they're on to us

Has anyone tried booking with the PC first and applying the RQ afterwards? I wonder if this would be more successful; I'd try it myself but I'm fed up with the site this evening

-J.
I've tried that, but no luck
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:28 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Pretty sure they are on to this...local HLE manager told me that it would only be a matter of time before these $13 rentals would come to an end.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Whelp, time for back-up reservations (doesn't help that I can't even get in to cancel the reservations... that's decidedly unhelpful to both us and Hertz)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:09 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
All it means is that Hertz will not let you add the coupon anymore. 1X.99 for a weekend rental day is still a very competitive rate, IMO, certainly at least competes with the LMS deals on National. Of course, not as good as $X.99/day, most of which is taxes and fees
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by dwbf11
All it means is that Hertz will not let you add the coupon anymore. 1X.99 for a weekend rental day is still a very competitive rate, IMO, certainly at least competes with the LMS deals on National. Of course, not as good as $X.99/day, most of which is taxes and fees

I wonder just how many people were doing this, or if it really was the so-called "FlyerTalk effect" in action.

EDIT: just got back from picking up a car. CHECK YOUR CONTRACTS! It's now saying PC#135892 will be applied at return and shows the base rate without the PC. I hope everything works out...

Also, once you book something on FRDM, don't mess around with it (adding options and stuff after it's booked) -- I tried to add the Fuel Purchase Option at the desk, and after a few minutes the guy said he wouldn't do it for me because for some reason it wanted to raise my rate to ~$70 a day

They really must be onto us

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Oct 11, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

I wonder just how many people were doing this, or if it really was the so-called "FlyerTalk effect" in action.

EDIT: just got back from picking up a car. CHECK YOUR CONTRACTS! It's now saying PC#135892 will be applied at return and shows the base rate without the PC. I hope everything works out...

Also, once you book something on FRDM, don't mess around with it (adding options and stuff after it's booked) -- I tried to add the Fuel Purchase Option at the desk, and after a few minutes the guy said he wouldn't do it for me because for some reason it wanted to raise my rate to ~$70 a day

They really must be onto us

-J.
I would not even look at the reservation using your Gold #. What I would do instead is to printout the e-mail confirmation that is generated right after you made the reservation (the one that has XCT1 & the coupon code). Bring that with you when you pickup the car. If the contract does not match your printout, I would ask them to price it according to your printout.

I will pick up a car tomorrow (at an Airport) and we'll see how it goes. I made this reservation at the end of August and if Hertz does not honor the price, I will explain that you need to match the price of my printout as that is my expectation when I made the booking in August.

Bottom line: Bring your printouts with you from the original e-mail. Do not pull them from the Hertz site as you will get that dreaded message.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

EDIT: just got back from picking up a car. CHECK YOUR CONTRACTS! It's now saying PC#135892 will be applied at return and shows the base rate without the PC. I hope everything works out. -J.

I think when this "trick" went viral on the major "blogs", my guess is that Hertz got so many reservations with the "frdm XCT1 & coupon 135892" that Hertz took action. One poster mentioned that she was having problems with this some days ago.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Could be. The really weird thing is from my own web experience it is spilling over into all XCT1 reservations, not just ones with that PC (or any other PC) in them. The site tells me I should edit my reservation, which I can't do given the current state of the site and its messaging. It also tells me that for an additional reservation that does not have any PC added but does use the XCT1 RQ. The good thing is there shouldn't be anything wrong with that one, so the original estimate I got should be the final price. The bad thing is, they're implicating reservations which are perfectly legit. I tried all this both logged in and with a completely clean browser, cleared of cookies, etc, not logged in. Can't edit a res, period, and it it tells me to remove PC on a res with no PC in it.

What's the point of telling people to modify their reservations when they appear to have disabled that web site function in order to make the alert so prominent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.