Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:23 pm

I don't know anything about the book, but yes there are always tons of deals, coupons, etc found locally. Either they can be found in the many boxes that contain "This Week in Kauai", "Kauai Gold" or walking thru some of the malls/activity centers.
Are they cheaper than the book - I don't know, but when I did find it a waste of money when I bought one for Oahu 5 years ago.
Aloha
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:23 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
thanks for the info, and my apologies to any of the locals for my mis-spelling, my fault for trusting my memory instead of looking it up.

Mike
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
*bump*

Where can I buy one of these in Maui??? I totally flaked and forgot to pre-purchase one. It says it takes 7-10 business days for shipping and I'm leaving in 6 days! Don't want to pay the overnight fee because it'll be cheaper for me to buy the book outright from a store. Where can I buy one in Maui??? HELP???
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Following this link and clicking on the link there, you can purchase the Hawaii 2006 book for $17.50. Even if you add in overnight shipping, it should be cheaper than paying $25.00 outright.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Er, I mean $35.

Also, the folks at Fodor's recommend against buying the Entertainment book for just Maui. Says it's not worth it.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:58 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I would tend to agree.....

Unless you have 2 specific "big ticket" items (2-1 dinners, cruise, whatever), it's not going to be worth it. And the selection for Maui is more limited than for Oahu.

You need to look at the list of merchants/restaurants/activities and see if there are things that you would have done anyway or things that given the discount you could be enticed to do because you wanted to do something like that
Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I would tend to agree.....

Unless you have 2 specific "big ticket" items (2-1 dinners, cruise, whatever), it's not going to be worth it. And the selection for Maui is more limited than for Oahu.

You need to look at the list of merchants/restaurants/activities and see if there are things that you would have done anyway or things that given the discount you could be enticed to do because you wanted to do something like that
Well, I kinda wanted to do the Kobe teppanyaki dinner (2 for 1, $20 max) and the Atlantis Submarine (25% off $84/person tickets), so that would be about $60 in savings right there.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:26 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Well, I kinda wanted to do the Kobe teppanyaki dinner (2 for 1, $20 max) and the Atlantis Submarine (25% off $84/person tickets), so that would be about $60 in savings right there.
Can't guarantee it, but for the latter there is probably some kind of coupon in one of the freebie advertising booklets like Maui Gold at baggage claim.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Can't guarantee it, but for the latter there is probably some kind of coupon in one of the freebie advertising booklets like Maui Gold at baggage claim.
Thanks! We'll ransack the airport for the discount books...I've heard that there are a ton of them (like in Vegas). Cool! ^
Old May 8, 2006, 1:41 pm

I see that the entertainment books are on sale right now for Hawaii. Cost with shipping would be about $23. I am spending 5 days in Oahu and 5 in Maui. Already booked all my trips for Maui but nothing for Oahu. Would anyone recommend the book for Oahu? I am traveling with my wife and two teenage daughters. We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian village and were hopeing to use the book in that area. Just dont want to get it and only be able to use it at fast food places.

Any advice would be great. Thanks
Old May 8, 2006, 8:10 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up

ent book on oahu is a no brainer.
Old May 8, 2006, 8:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Originally Posted by koconner
I see that the entertainment books are on sale right now for Hawaii. Cost with shipping would be about $23.
Aren't the books on sale for $12.99 plus $5 shipping? Also, if you go through ebates.com, you get $2 off.

The book is definitely worth the savings. You get the cost fo the book back after one dinner. If you like Teppanyaki, use the book for Tanaka's of Tokyo. They don't punch the card and you can use it again and again there.

TF
Old May 10, 2006, 9:06 pm

You can print 3 coupons out from http://www.entertainment.com/freetrial/index.cfm

I believe these are all the same coupons as in the book. Not sure if anyone will give you a hard time for the online vers of the coupons but in theory they should be just as good.
Old May 15, 2006, 6:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, former elite in several airlines, but don't fly as much now
Originally Posted by TropicalFlyer
Aren't the books on sale for $12.99 plus $5 shipping? Also, if you go through ebates.com, you get $2 off.

TF
Yep, I just ordered one for $17.99 including shipping.
Old May 17, 2006, 6:38 pm

Question for anybody who has Ent. books from more than one location:

I'm going to Hawaii next week. If I have my Entertainment card and it is completely unpunched, can I use it for a "Fine Dining" restaurant in Hawaii? They wouldn't know it's from LA rather than Hawaii, right? They'd just punch the corresponding number on the card and give it back to me, right? If this works it'll save me the $17.99 to buy a new HI book. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.