Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
When do the 2008 coupons take effect

Just out of curiosity, when do the coupons take effect? I'm going in early December.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:34 pm

The book and coupons are valid now and are good through Nov. 1, 2008.
We're staying in Oahu for only 5 days this trip but may return for a few days this summer so I'm not sure whether it's really worth buying more than one book for the one or two coupons that we may use.
Thanks Phil.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
The book and coupons are valid now and are good through Nov. 1, 2008.
We're staying in Oahu for only 5 days this trip but may return for a few days this summer so I'm not sure whether it's really worth buying more than one book for the one or two coupons that we may use.
Thanks Phil.
We'd get one for ourselves and let you use whatever you want out of it when you're here... but we may not be living here next year so it would have a diminished value for us as well.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
..... but we may not be living here next year......
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG gold,Marriott silver, AA, UA, Delta
Bought the book via internet and used it 10/9 thru 10/22. Good for Honolulu restaurants and Polynesian cultural center(day only), battleship Missouri, but virtually nothing for Kauai, good for some Maui restaurants.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by jim87
.......good for some Maui restaurants.
Mostly in the South Maui - Kihei/Wailea - area, yeah?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
We used the October Safeway coupon and saved I think $5.
(thanks again bbbb for sharing your ET book and Gomike for sending the Hawaii ET Card)

You can also use the different coupons in the books for discounts on car rental, airlines, and different online sites like Harry and David (ordered Mr G's mom a b-day gift) etc. So I think they are a good value in general.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 1:52 pm

Honolulu Restaurants?

Originally Posted by jim87
Bought the book via internet and used it 10/9 thru 10/22. Good for Honolulu restaurants and Polynesian cultural center(day only), battleship Missouri, but virtually nothing for Kauai, good for some Maui restaurants.
Would you be so kind as to list the 2008 Honolulu restaurants that are on the PUNCH CARD. Thank you!
Old Nov 3, 2007, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by ILeftMyHeartInTexas
We used the October Safeway coupon and saved I think $5.
(thanks again bbbb for sharing your ET book and Gomike for sending the Hawaii ET Card)

You can also use the different coupons in the books for discounts on car rental, airlines, and different online sites like Harry and David (ordered Mr G's mom a b-day gift) etc. So I think they are a good value in general.
Hey is bbbb trying to take credit for that one?!?!? That was my 2007 Hawaii Ent book and I gave it to him about a month ago...................

Glad to see it got some use. Hopefully somebody was able to use the Kannapali parasailing and surf lesson BOGO coupons out of there as those got me some good value 2 years ago.................^
Old Nov 3, 2007, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Anyways, I thought Id post all of the restaurants and their corresponding Entertainment Card Punch Numbers here for all you to enjoy.
I just got a PM request to update this thread with a list of the new 2008 Entertainment Card "Fine-Dining (punch-card)" restaurants. Unfortunately even though I went to Hawaii twice during the validity of my 2007 Ent book I didn't end up using a single coupon. Luckily though the punch-card came in useful to use at my local Fine-Dining restaurants.

Anyways if anybody has the new 2008 Ent card and wants to update this thread, please do so. My new Entertainment book strategy is now to buy the book in March when it goes on sale for $5 so unfortunately I won't be able to update this thread until then, even though I am going to Maui next weekend........................but I guess I'll just resign myself to missing out this time. Oh well.....................
Old Nov 13, 2007, 6:44 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Can someone who has the 2008 book let me know what Big Island coupons are included? I'm specifically interested in:

UFO Parasail
Body Glove Snorkel
Any Luau

I tried to search on-line via entertainment.com, but I kept getting kicked to Oahu coupons. I called UFO Parasail, and they "thought" there was a coupon, but couldn't confirm.

I'd be interested in acquiring any of the above coupons if anyone isn't going to otherwise use them - we're only going to the Big Island (in December) and it likely isn't worth buying the book, so I'd be willing to make a trade/help subsidize someone's purchase/or just plain accept a "freebie"!

Thanks,

tudorcity
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Hey is bbbb trying to take credit for that one?!?!? That was my 2007 Hawaii Ent book and I gave it to him about a month ago...................

Glad to see it got some use. Hopefully somebody was able to use the Kannapali parasailing and surf lesson BOGO coupons out of there as those got me some good value 2 years ago.................^
We used the Kannapali parasailing coupon good for buy one get one free. Then we left the book at the Westin for ILeftMyHeartInTexas as she was arriving the day we left.

Thanks gregorygrady
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tudorcity
Can someone who has the 2008 book let me know what Big Island coupons are included? I'm specifically interested in:

UFO Parasail
Body Glove Snorkel
Any Luau

I tried to search on-line via entertainment.com, but I kept getting kicked to Oahu coupons. I called UFO Parasail, and they "thought" there was a coupon, but couldn't confirm.

I'd be interested in acquiring any of the above coupons if anyone isn't going to otherwise use them - we're only going to the Big Island (in December) and it likely isn't worth buying the book, so I'd be willing to make a trade/help subsidize someone's purchase/or just plain accept a "freebie"!

Thanks,

tudorcity
I'll post the info you request when my book is in my hands. Waiting on the mail.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by tudorcity

UFO Parasail
Body Glove Snorkel
Any Luau

Thanks,

tudorcity
FWIW, the coupons are normally the same year to year. I used the "Island Breeze" luau coupon last year at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel on the Big Island. Supposedly it's "one of the best luau's on the Big Island", but that's coming from them so who knows. The coupon was for 25% off for up to 4 people, luckily there were 4 of us. I thought the luau was just okay, but it was my second luau and I'm of the impression that once you've seen one luau, all the rest are just all the same and are gonna be worse. FWIW, my first luau was at Hyatt Maui during my first trip to Hawaii, so maybe I was much more easily satisfied back then. Anyways, the UFO Parasailing coupon was also in last year's book at could be used at either the Ka'anapali location or the Kona location. That's definitely a good coupon as it could save you like $50+. There also an Atlantis submarine coupon that's pretty good, I think it was only 25% off though...........I don't recall the Body Glove Snorkel coupon off the top of my head, sorry (and unfortunately I don't have my Ent book anymore as it was used and abused by FTers last month in Hawaii ).
Old Nov 15, 2007, 4:55 am

TudorCity
Didn't order the book "yet" (haven't decided whether it's worth it for us this trip either. Last December we went to BI and was considering the book then too. Passed on it since it think there was only one establishment that accepted it. Think there was one or two places on Kauaii that took it. Most places are in HNL and Maui. I'm sure Ripper will post specific information when his book arrives in the mail.
Carolyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.