Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
I ordered my book 4 weeks ago, it has still not arrived. I have been emailing entertainment.com and they won't even look at it until 6 weeks have passed. I am in Australia and order things from American all the time-nothing ever takes more than 2 weeks to arrive.

In desparation, I have seen that enetrtainment.com has a free trial subscription offer. Could I use that to just print the coupons I want: PCC, Blue Hawaii Show, Magic of Polynesia Show, maybe a couple others? Is there any catch-like do they charge my CC?

Would this work for other cities? We have only 1 night in San Francisco so only need one dinner and one lunch coupon. Ditto LA.
The free trial is for 10 days during which you can print up to three coupons. After that it is $3.99/month so you should be able to pay for a month and print as many as you need. I believe that the printed coupons are only good for two weeks after they are printed. When will you be leaving for Hawaii?
http://www.entertainment.com/jsp/con...learn_more.jsp
Old May 12, 2004, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
We are leaving Brisbane 4 June and only 1 week in Hawaii. 3 freebies would cover the PCC, Magic show and Blue Hawaii Show which are the biggies. My Aussie CC adds on a fee for overseas transactions so it isn't worth it for $3.99-the fee is $4.00! I was more worried that when you sign up they try to charge you for stuff you don't want. Any "hidden extras"?

It would be much better if our book just shows up, but in my personal experience if something hasn't arrived from the States with 2-MAYBE 3 weeks, it ain't gonna. What has happened to me before is that the US postal service takes our Aussie Post code 4034 and adds a zero on and sends the item to 04034 or 40340. Eventually it dawns on someone that QL stands for Queensland in Australia. American online sellers don't always print the country on their labels as their addressing programs assume the country is USA. In this case the item is returned to sender weeks later and if I am lucky they email me to find out my correct address. Even though entertainment.com has Australia in their drop-down box so they should have handled this better, they are not really non-US order friendly. If it doesn't show up by their deadline of 26 May-6 weeks after shipping date, I will try to get them to give me a free 1 month sub in compensation.
Old May 13, 2004, 6:33 am

We are leaving Brisbane 4 June and only 1 week in Hawaii. 3 freebies would cover the PCC, Magic show and Blue Hawaii Show which are the biggies. My Aussie CC adds on a fee for overseas transactions so it isn't worth it for $3.99-the fee is $4.00! I was more worried that when you sign up they try to charge you for stuff you don't want. Any "hidden extras"?

It would be much better if our book just shows up, but in my personal experience if something hasn't arrived from the States with 2-MAYBE 3 weeks, it ain't gonna. What has happened to me before is that the US postal service takes our Aussie Post code 4034 and adds a zero on and sends the item to 04034 or 40340. Eventually it dawns on someone that QL stands for Queensland in Australia. American online sellers don't always print the country on their labels as their addressing programs assume the country is USA. In this case the item is returned to sender weeks later and if I am lucky they email me to find out my correct address. Even though entertainment.com has Australia in their drop-down box so they should have handled this better, they are not really non-US order friendly. If it doesn't show up by their deadline of 26 May-6 weeks after shipping date, I will try to get them to give me a free 1 month sub in compensation.
If you want to PM me your address I can send you the coupons for the PCC and the Magic Show. Then you will be able to print the ones you wanted for your stop in California with the three free trial. Of course I can't promise my coupons will arrive in time but I can try. Just make sure you send your address exactly how it should go on the envelope so it will have the best chance of getting there.

Sorry, can't answer your question about the "hidden extras" with the free trial as I have never used it.
Old May 13, 2004, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Tiki,

Please PM me or e-mail me (my e-mail address is located in my profile) and I might be able to hand deliver the certs. from the ENT book you need to your hotel or you can swing by to pick them up.

aloha
Old May 13, 2004, 3:11 pm

Some free printable Hawaii coupons here:

www.ecouponshawaii.com
Old May 16, 2004, 7:07 pm

Thank you to Slippahs and Hawaii Bound for your offers I have just PM'ed both of you. Tenacious, I knew about that website but it doesn't have much in the way of tourist attractions, I did print the Orange Julius ones though!

I did more checking on the California ones-so far I can't identify any Fisherman's Wharf restauants other than ice cream parlours-that was searching "Fisherman's Wharf" and "Pier 39". Most restaurants just seem to be listed under San Francisco and their street address but tourists wouldn't know what part of town they are in and some streets are very long.

I know what's going to happen, when I get back home, either the original book will be sitting in my mail tray at work or there will be an email from entertainment.com saying the book came back and where should they send it?
Old May 18, 2004, 2:51 pm

Thank you to Slippahs and Hawaii Bound for your offers I have just PM'ed both of you.
Tiki, I mailed the coupons for the PCC and the Magic Show to you today. Hopefully they will arrive before you leave. Have a great trip.
Old May 18, 2004, 10:09 pm

Thanks, Mate!
Old May 25, 2004, 9:22 pm

Hawaii Entertainment Subscription

Thanks to the kindness of "Hawaii Bound" I now have vouchers for PCC and Magic of Polynesia. The other main one I am looking for is the Blue Hawaii Dinner SHow. This one is not a voucher so no one can send it to me. It is in the "Fine dining" section and they punch the member card or something to that effect. Since entertainment.com have messed me up and won't help despite my book being 6 weeks late now, my back up plan is to get a subscription in my hubby's name, print Blue Hawaii and 2 others under the free trial and then cancel the subscription. What I am wondering is if the "Fine Dining" discounts are included in a subscription? And will I be able to print the Blue Hawaii one that way?

Remember I am from Australia-we have entertainment books here but not subscriptions so I am not familiar with how it works over there. Just another point of curiosity: I know vouchers printed off the internet are only valid for 2 weeks from date of printing-what's to stop me from printing several copies and giving them out to other people? Are they coded so only the one who prints it can use it?
Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:24 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I have an entertainment book question:

Wife & I will be going to Oahu (Hilton Hawaiian Village). I see that there are several coupons in the book that are good even on the property there.

I don't see online what those coupons are, in your opinions, are they any good?

We are going in Late November/early December, it looks online like the 2004 entertainment book expires November 1st. Is the 2005 book going to be available by then, or are we SOL ??

Thanks for the advice all.

Ben
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
The Entertainment books come out at slightly different times in the year. The one of LA, Ca comes usually several months before the new year. I suspect the HA one would be available in time for you too. Note the $10 plus $5 shipping offer is not good until much later, so I suspect the charge will be more on the $35 range, but am not sure. The answers should be availble by sending a e-mail to http://www.entertainment.com/.

We will be staying at the HHV for 5 nights and the Doubletree nearby for 3. Anyone familar with the latter? Do we get free continental breakfast as Gold on points stay?

Thanks for the reference to get coupons on the web to an earlier poster.undefined

Last edited by ranles; Jun 28, 2004 at 8:39 pm Reason: Update data
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Bkniaz
I don't see online what those coupons are, in your opinions, are they any good?
If you're staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV), the Entertainment book would be a very good idea. The Golden Dragon, Rainbow Lanai, Village Steak and Seafood, which are all HHV restaurants listed on-site, are good deals. The Kobe Steakhouse (a teppanyaki place) located off the HHV is also on the ENT book. You also have MANY other Waikiki establishments listed in the book. The ENT is pretty much a must-have IMHO for any Waikiki visitor and the $15 ($10+$5 in shipping) is an excellent deal. Since you are heading out late in the year, you'll have to cough up the $35, but even then, you'll still come out ahead if you dine at the ENT listed restaurants.

Originally Posted by ranles
We will be staying at the HHV for 5 nights and the Doubletree nearby for 3. Anyone familar with the latter? Do we get free continental breakfast as Gold on points stay?
I find the Doubetree a nice hotel located pretty near the HHV. A search in the Hilton forum regarding the Doubletree Alana Waikiki came up with these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...letree+waikiki

The short answer to your question is YES, breakfest vouchers are given out, ask for it and make sure to have your HH Gold guide with you.

Hope this helps.

aloha
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:20 pm

We used 3 coupons that represented a good savings:
Polynesian Cultural Centre saved us $27 off two Alii luau/village packages
Magic of Polynesia buy one get one free-saves $42
Blue Hawaii buy one get one free saves $59

Our book ordered back in April never did show up, I printed Blue Hawaii online as a trial subscription and FTer Hawaii Bound gave me the other 2. I had printed off some others but didn't have time to use them.

For people travelling in November who don't want to buy the book for $35, I think the 3 month subscription is $15 but you have to use what you with 2 weeks or they expire. The free trial gets you 3 free coupons, then you have to unsubscribe so they don't charge you.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want to go to Jameson's Grill & Bar in Kapalua, a great deal is available if you read the FT thread I've linked below. Jameson's appears to be the only Hawaiian restaurant participating.
Just an update in case you didn't already know by now...Jameson's is all pau. Out of business.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PremEx
Just an update in case you didn't already know by now...Jameson's is all pau. Out of business.
And the one in Kihei closed 2 years ago.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.