Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Entertainment Book/Card in Hawaii" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2004, 9:33 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Oahu is the biggest bargain with the entertainment book, but there are always a few things for the other islands. You can go to www.entertainment.com and look through the Hawaii book and see if there is anything you can use. Except for the card, I would be happy to send you any coupons for Kauai that you want as I am not going to kauai. Feel free to let me know if you want any.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
True said. Don't buy the Ent. book if all you'll be using it for is Kauai. Use Priceline to see if people have coupons they won't be using.

aloha

Reread my post... I meant to say, Use the "Coupon Connection" to see if people have coupons they won't be using... sorry!

[This message has been edited by slippahs (edited Mar 19, 2004).]
Old Mar 19, 2004, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mephisto101:
Is the Entertainment book useful for Kauai? </font>
No. There are a few other threads here on the relative value of thew HI Entertainment book, as well as some other discount programs.
Old Apr 10, 2004, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, United Premier Gold, Hilton Gold
The Hawaii ENT book is now available for $10 plus 5 for shipping.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 8:31 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Exclamation

FYI... there are some problems with the book and card in the Kihei area on Maui. Apparently, the book advertised several locations that no longer honored the offer.

At first, I thought it was a one-off thing, but we ran into several restaurants that stated they were not honoring the offers.

Enjoy Hawaii!
Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:49 pm
CMW

Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
FYI... there are some problems with the book and card in the Kihei area on Maui. Apparently, the book advertised several locations that no longer honored the offer.

At first, I thought it was a one-off thing, but we ran into several restaurants that stated they were not honoring the offers.

Enjoy Hawaii!
Just out of curiosity,which ones didn't work? We'll be on oahu maui next week.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
May I inquire as well?

As we are staying 7 nights in OGG in Paia, only 1 night in HNL and 7 days in Kauai, is the book still a costsaver? DOes it include lots of deals on actitivities in particular?

many thanks. I am searching their site right now. I just don't want to get stuck with a bunch of coupons that may hold no real value.

please advise.

many thanks
cheers, phoenix
Old Apr 18, 2004, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
tourist shows with book

We have ordered the Hawaii book for $10 + $5 shipping and are waiting for it to arrive. I am just wondering how soon do we have to book things like the Alii Luau at PCC, Blue Hawaii Show and Magic of Polynesia Show in advance? If you go through their websites, you have to pay immediately with a credit card and they don't allow for the buy one get one free. We will have limited time in Oahu and want tosee as much as possible using the book. Has anyone ever been refused a reservation if they ring up and say they want a booking and have an EB voucher. We are from Australia but ordered the Hawaii book online from the US.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
It's really not necessary to do too much in advance. As an example: we called to book the VIP Ambassador package for the PPC (been there and done that but why not!) with a new company. They advised that instead of charging it now, just do it when we arrive. Also, the company that runs the Island Grill Dinner Cruise (dream cruises, I think) were nice people. Called them this week to inquire if we could use the Pacific Splash coupon for the brunch sailing instead of the lunch sailing and they said "sure". As posted earlier, we used the coupons for parasailing, day cruise, dinner cruise, restaurants, Imax, etc. Never had a problem. In fact, the better restaurants do not punch the card because they want you to come back and use it again. Also be aware there are many tour companies that discount certain activities. For instance for the PCC package, we found through research they varied from $130 with transportation down to $112. So that's a nice savings if you are a few people going.

I had to edit this to add that if you want to see a dynamite show in Oahu, go see Society of Seven at the outrigger on Kalakaua Avenue. I go to see this show every time I go to Hawaii. They are the best entertainment around. If you do it with the Pikake Terrace Seafood Buffet dinner it makes for a nice evening out.

Last edited by Marysunshine; Apr 19, 2004 at 3:30 pm
Old Apr 19, 2004, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Sorry, don't remember

Sorry, I don't remember which ones. I have since passed the book on to another FTer; the notes are in it. In Kihei, Badabing (Italian) was still taking the coupon/card, and it was pretty good.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The Entertainment rate at the Kona Seaside Hotel was an excellent value. The Kona Seaside Hotel is an excellent choice with spacious rooms, a convenient location, and loads of cable channels.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 3:56 pm

Jameson's Grill & Bar

If you want to go to Jameson's Grill & Bar in Kapalua, a great deal is available if you read the FT thread I've linked below. Jameson's appears to be the only Hawaiian restaurant participating.
By the way, does anyone have any SUBWAY coupons for Hawaii? I'm going to the Big Island next month and could use them at Waikoloa. Thanks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...3&page=1&pp=15

http://www.restaurant.com/listings.a...v=1&pg=1&bsp=1
Old May 10, 2004, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Tenacious
By the way, does anyone have any SUBWAY coupons for Hawaii? I'm going to the Big Island next month and could use them at Waikoloa. Thanks.
I have the Entertainment book but all of the Subway coupons say "Valid at all participating Oahu locations".
Old May 10, 2004, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by HawaiiBound
I have the Entertainment book but all of the Subway coupons say "Valid at all participating Oahu locations".
Thanks for the follow up. It appears that the EB has changed the offer from last year.
Old May 11, 2004, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
not arrived yet-what about free subscription?

I ordered my book 4 weeks ago, it has still not arrived. I have been emailing entertainment.com and they won't even look at it until 6 weeks have passed. I am in Australia and order things from American all the time-nothing ever takes more than 2 weeks to arrive.

In desparation, I have seen that enetrtainment.com has a free trial subscription offer. Could I use that to just print the coupons I want: PCC, Blue Hawaii Show, Magic of Polynesia Show, maybe a couple others? Is there any catch-like do they charge my CC?

Would this work for other cities? We have only 1 night in San Francisco so only need one dinner and one lunch coupon. Ditto LA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.