Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
I don't think they sell one-day passes, but I didn't search too much for the info. Unlike the HNL lounges the lounges at OGG and KOA are not staffed. The agent will write the entry code onto the boarding pass. As Zacnlinc said the OGG lounge is small; the KOA one is even smaller. Still no wifi in the OGG lounge.

Read some of the reviews in this forum--only soft drink machine, juice cup, coffee, and hot water and packaged cracker-type mix--no alcohol.

The KOA gates are open air; the lounge is air conditioned and can be a nice break when it is humid and voggy.

Last edited by stravels; Nov 13, 2012 at 4:40 pm Reason: checked OGG lounge and still no wifi
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
The OP might not be going to LIH but I thought I'd share this experience anyway. I went to the Premier Club Lounge at LIH over a year ago and it was really small. I think it had a total of four comfy seats inside. The lounge is not staffed. There are no windows to see out but at least the lounge is a comfortable getaway with decent lighting. In all, the LIH lounge seemed more cozy than the OGG Lounge that I went to some years back. BTW, LIH staff would enter the lounge periodically to make live announcements about the next HA departure.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
The OP might not be going to LIH but I thought I'd share this experience anyway. I went to the Premier Club Lounge at LIH over a year ago and it was really small. I think it had a total of four comfy seats inside. The lounge is not staffed. There are no windows to see out but at least the lounge is a comfortable getaway with decent lighting. In all, the LIH lounge seemed more cozy than the OGG Lounge that I went to some years back. BTW, LIH staff would enter the lounge periodically to make live announcements about the next HA departure.
No LIH. Just SFO-OGG on UA, then OGG-KOA on HA, and KOA-PDX on AS.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Just visited HA's Premier Club lounge at HNL -- the upstairs one, near gate 57. This wins the award for worst lounge I've ever visited. That's really saying something, as I'm not a complainer.

Some sodas, a few newspapers, magazines and salty snack bags. That's pretty much it, though the lounge does provide a free odor that makes it seem like the cleaning staff smokes several packs of cigarettes when no one is around. Either that or mold -- couldn't tell.

Really, HA, why even bother if that's going to be your lounge for F passengers? I don't mean that in an entitlement sense, but rather that HA should be straight about how its F product is more akin to AirTran's soon-to-be-gone C product -- a reasonably-priced premium cabin, but not quite a true domestic F experience.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by dhuey
Just visited HA's Premier Club lounge at HNL -- the upstairs one, near gate 57. This wins the award for worst lounge I've ever visited. That's really saying something, as I'm not a complainer.

Some sodas, a few newspapers, magazines and salty snack bags. That's pretty much it, though the lounge does provide a free odor that makes it seem like the cleaning staff smokes several packs of cigarettes when no one is around. Either that or mold -- couldn't tell.

Really, HA, why even bother if that's going to be your lounge for F passengers? I don't mean that in an entitlement sense, but rather that HA should be straight about how its F product is more akin to AirTran's soon-to-be-gone C product -- a reasonably-priced premium cabin, but not quite a true domestic F experience.
You need to go to the clubs on the neighbor islands before handing out that title.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
You need to go to the clubs on the neighbor islands before handing out that title.
Makes me think of the smallest lounge I've ever visited -- Air NZ's in Queenstown. The lounge was the size of a hotel suite, but it was very comfortable and fully-stocked. It doesn't take much effort or expense.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Makes me think of the smallest lounge I've ever visited -- Air NZ's in Queenstown. The lounge was the size of a hotel suite, but it was very comfortable and fully-stocked. It doesn't take much effort or expense.
Problem is Hawaiian doesn't put any expense or effort.

An example, the OGG club doesn't even have Wifi. . . (that I know of at least)
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:33 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Just visited HA's Premier Club lounge at HNL -- the upstairs one, near gate 57. This wins the award for worst lounge I've ever visited.
As I said upstream, I continue to think that you and others hold the Premier Club to a standard that they never intended to meet:

Originally Posted by cblaisd
As I've said before, one needs to remember that HA lounges in Hawai`i are a very different concept and have a very different audience than mainline lounges. HA lounges in Hawai`i are oriented to the regular inter-island traveler for whom half an hour away from the malihini madhouse of the terminal, a soda or cup of coffee, and a dedicated agent are perks that make frequent inter-island travel slightly more pono.

These lounges are NOT oriented toward the passenger connecting to the mainland or internationally on one of the mainline carriers. They're just not.

For what they are, they are fine, and they've certainly provided me with a respite from the packed concourses, grumpy parents leaving Hawai`i towing grumpy little ones, and the smell of aloe vera...
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:18 pm

Is anyone aware of which partner lounge HA uses in BNE?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
As I said upstream, I continue to think that you and others hold the Premier Club to a standard that they never intended to meet:
The Air NZ lounge in Queenstown I mentioned serves a very similar market. It's all short haul, domestic service. And it's much nicer than HA's HNL lounge. It would not be that hard or expensive for HA to improve the food/beverage offerings.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisBNE
Is anyone aware of which partner lounge HA uses in BNE?
Just confirmed directly HA use NZ in BNE.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Do you know if HA pax traveling in F have complimentary access to the new lounge at JetBlue's T5 in JFK?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Bump. Anyone?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
Do you know if HA pax traveling in F have complimentary access to the new lounge at JetBlue's T5 in JFK?
Doesn't say anything about Hawaiian. Seems like you might have to pay?

Airspace Lounge JFK T5
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:52 pm

Maui HA lounge has no WiFi. Really, in 2013? My next flight Hilo to Oakland was switched so that now I am stuck in the Maui airport for a 3 hour layover. Most of their lounges are like visiting a Denny's in 1973, but less classy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.