Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
HA Lounge renovations

Just got this email today

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawa...s/lounges.aspx

Lounge Renovations
We are pleased to announce that we will be renovating all Hawaiian Airlines-operated airport lounges in the State of Hawaii. The multi-million dollar renovation will occur in two phases to minimize any disrupting with our Pualani Elite and Premier Club members’ usage of these lounges. Below is the tentative Phase I renovation schedule for the following lounges:

Phase 1 – Hawaiian Airlines-Operated Lounge Renovation Schedule
Closure Locations|Closure Dates| Alternate Locations| Alternate Location Opening Dates
Honolulu, 2nd Floor Thursday, August 7 Honolulu, 3rd floor Thursday, August 7
Kahului, Maui Friday, August 8 Lounge near Gate 15 Monday, August 11
Kona, Hawaii Island Wednesday, August 20

During Phase I, our lounges in Hilo (Hawaii Island), Lihue (Kauai) and Honolulu, 3rd floor will remain open. Renovations will occur simultaneously across the three lounges and we anticipate completion will take 4-5 months. Once Phase I is completed, we will begin Phase 2, which includes our lounges in Hilo (Hawaii Island), Lihue (Kauai) and Honolulu, 3rd floor.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this time. We will send periodic email updates regarding airport lounge closures and re-openings to Pualani Elite and Premier Club members.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:31 am

I was wondering what they would use for the alternate lounge at OGG, but I guess there used to be an Aloha lounge there at some point?

-David
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
I do appreciate the lounge in Kona even if spartan. The Air Conditioning and WiFi along with a cup of soda is worthwhile for me.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Maybe when they're done they'll be real lounges! I'm guessing more power outlets for starters...dare we hope for more food/drink?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I was wondering what they would use for the alternate lounge at OGG, but I guess there used to be an Aloha lounge there at some point?

-David
Last time I was in Maui (last year) I thought the old Aloha lounge was being used by the TSA.

Maybe they will join both lounges, since Maui is the 2nd hub after Honolulu ...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by yahrite808
Last time I was in Maui (last year) I thought the old Aloha lounge was being used by the TSA.

Maybe they will join both lounges, since Maui is the 2nd hub after Honolulu ...
In the temporary HA lounge at OGG now. First, it looks a lot like the old AQ lounge, or just like AQ left it in '08. Second, they've moved all the furniture in the old HA lounge into here. I remember this coffee table my laptop now rests on was in the old lounge. Still the same soda machine. Third, there is WIFI! Yes. That is a huge improvement, even if the lounge is still has spartan offerings. Same log in as in HNL, KOA, or ITO.

Noticed that on Wednesday, the HNL lounge had a sign on it saying it was closed for renovations. Yesterday, they had a wooden construction barrier up around the front entrance and the side around the corner out the door. So it looks like HA is starting on the progress.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by slippahs
In the temporary HA lounge at OGG now.
I was in that lounge yesterday. I understand that HA isn't trying to offer lounges on par with most other carriers.

With that in mind, let me say that I can confirm from personal experience at HNL and OGG: HA is most definitely not trying to offer lounges on par with most other carriers.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by dhuey
With that in mind, let me say that I can confirm from personal experience at HNL and OGG: HA is most definitely not trying to offer lounges on par with most other carriers.
+1. I wonder, however, if they're just sprucing them up with this renovation, or if SOME further amenities might be added...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:42 am

HA lounge

On HA website:
North America Lounges**
Lounge benefits are not available at North America "destinations" for domestic flights, except for our HA-operated lounge in Los Angeles.

I assume this means lounges for, e.g., first class passengers, are available for departure, but not for arrival?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:18 pm

I have a 3 hour layover in HNL, arriving on HA in J from LAX, but departing on FJ in J en route to NAN. Would I have access to any lounges in HNL? Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by jglenn16
I have a 3 hour layover in HNL, arriving on HA in J from LAX, but departing on FJ in J en route to NAN. Would I have access to any lounges in HNL? Thanks!
I don't know for sure what the policy is for arriving pax, but I have shown my arriving boarding pass before and hung out in the lounge to avoid traffic on the drive home. I guess it depends on the agent. I think the lounge is technically only for departing pax.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I have never been turned away from a lounge after arriving and showing my boarding pass.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:00 am

Does FJ not have a contract lounge in HNL? Does HA allow access for arriving pax in J?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: HA PUALANI GOLD
Smile

Hi all do any of you know when the lounge open HNL 2nd floor will be done.
Thanks
hawaiian4
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Cool

Does HA allow access for arriving pax in J?
Please see above two responses to your question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.