Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
HA lounge access may no longer be available inbound

Popped into the renovated lounge at HNL after flight the afternoon it opened and was told this was not allowed. Management types (they had lei on) said that the lounge is only available prior to flight. Asked if this was a new policy as I've been doing this for years (there were several others from my flight trying to get in). Was told that it was; agent manning the counter commented that they have been allowing it, and travelers expect it.

Male with lei told me that corporate will need to make a decision, but the intent was only for outbound travelers as inbound travelers would need to claim luggage. Reminded him that business travelers usually don't check luggage. Guess we need to write to corporate. I don't use the lounge too often inbound but it has come in handy when running late and no chance to get a cup of coffee outbound or for quick access to work server.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
New club is beautiful in HNL. Was there 90 mins. Receptionist never got off a personal call the entire time! No snack mix, Bathroom does not have a urinal. Overall lots of potential but, seriously lacking on staff attention.

In OGG the club now has a door scanner for Boarding passes. Does NOT work with boarding passes the agent prints. Only print from Kiosk and print at home. Did not have time to go back down and deal with that. Big letdown...

Overall they can make the lounges nice and even almost sexy but, without the staff attention and the details that make a difference they were better off the way it was before.

If HA wants to play like a real airline they need to get their act together!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by stravels
Popped into the renovated lounge at HNL after flight the afternoon it opened and was told this was not allowed. Management types (they had lei on) said that the lounge is only available prior to flight. Asked if this was a new policy as I've been doing this for years (there were several others from my flight trying to get in). Was told that it was; agent manning the counter commented that they have been allowing it, and travelers expect it.

Male with lei told me that corporate will need to make a decision, but the intent was only for outbound travelers as inbound travelers would need to claim luggage. Reminded him that business travelers usually don't check luggage. Guess we need to write to corporate. I don't use the lounge too often inbound but it has come in handy when running late and no chance to get a cup of coffee outbound or for quick access to work server.
I'm a little disappointed to hear about your experience and this new rule as I used the lounge on occasion on my inbound flights when I have no luggage and I have to wait for my ride. While I understand they reserve the right the change the terms with or without notice, the current version still says (bolding mine):

11.Lounge access is limited to members traveling on Hawaiian Airlines flights either inbound or outbound at Hawaiian Airlines operated lounges located at most interisland routes serviced by Hawaiian Airlines, and on the Mainland U.S. at Los Angeles airport.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by acvitale

In OGG the club now has a door scanner for Boarding passes. Does NOT work with boarding passes the agent prints. Only print from Kiosk and print at home.
Any idea if smartphone boarding pass will work?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

New HNL club: same amenities with new furniture & flooring. Pluses: bathroom much less filthy, and lots more power outlets.
ALSO: men's room DOES have a urinal, just happens to be in a stall (I was thinking the same thing this morning til I went into stall
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
It's a nice lounge, but I would have liked to have seen some partitions on one side of the lounge to offer a little bit more privacy perhaps on the side of the lounge nearest the entrance. Speaking of entrance, HA should have put an automatic door. I was there this past weekend and witnessed several travelers struggle with the door with their carryons, rollaways, etc. I can see that glass door getting damaged very soon with all the banging it is taking.

Also, seriously HA, no snacks? WTH?!? I'm sure they could spare some expense to offer or cater some simple snacks like what AA, DL and UA does in their lounges. Heck, HA could even increase the price of membership to offset the food costs. I think their LAX Premier Club still offers a decent snack offering.

Finally, I noticed only one small trash can (next to the drink dispenser) in the lounge that was full to the brim. You would think that they would put a few receptacles here and there. Of course on the flip side, some people are lazy and leave their trash at their seats when they leave causing the sole HA lounge attendant to make the rounds to pick up trash.

I guess we will have to wait and see what HA does with the supposed business class lounge later in the year.

If HA wants to play like a real airline they need to get their act together!
I'm in total agreement. HA Premier Club as well as Pualani Platinum and Gold is a joke. I love HA deeply, but I think they are getting too big for themselves and service is suffering among other things.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:31 pm

No snack mix,

In OGG the club now has a door scanner for Boarding passes. Does NOT work with boarding passes the agent prints.
There has been snack mix all the times I've been in except right after they opened--two glass jars on the counter in the HNL lounge. The big improvement, in my opinion, is the espresso machine. Only makes regular or decaf espresso and regular coffee, but the freshly ground beans improves the flavor.

Got into the OGG club with boarding pass printed by agent, but it took several tries. There is a soft click; the first time I didn't open the door right away, and it relocked. Tried scanning again a few times, and it didn't work, then just as someone inside got up to let me in, got the click, and the door unlocked. No espresso machine.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive

Got my pualani packet in the mail. The reverse side of the letter states usage of the premier club inbound and outbound. I sure hope they don't change it for outbound only.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:32 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yahrite808
Got my pualani packet in the mail. The reverse side of the letter states usage of the premier club inbound and outbound. I sure hope they don't change it for outbound only.
I've purposely been going inbound. Looks like we're safe. Asked the attendant soon after being told it was outbound only, and she assured me it was for inbound also.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:46 pm

I've purposely been going inbound. Looks like we're safe. Asked the attendant soon after being told it was outbound only, and she assured me it was for inbound also.
Glad to hear this! ^ I actually have a need to use it on my inbound this week. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, PC Platinum
hey all, im flying into HNL airport on Mar 29th around 3pm and have a connecting flight to KONA at 6pm.

Wondering if any FT members would be kind to let me in the HA lounge?

I'm coming from Montreal so if anyone wants anything from here id be happy to pick something up
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Plumeria Lounge (new lounge for business class pax)

Old lounge on the 3rd floor ...

https://beta.hawaiianairlines.com/ou...104&MID=294191

AMENITIES

The Plumeria Lounge offers:

Free high-speed Wi-Fi
Ample power outlets
Cable TV
Flight information display systems
A variety of reading materials
Complimentary food and alcoholic beverages

HOURS

June 26, 2015 — Complimentary access to Business Class guests traveling on a Hawaiian Airlines International flight

10:00am – 6:00pm (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat)

10:00am – 11:15pm (Tues, Thu, Sun)

July 15, 2015 — Business Class Guests and Lounge Pass Sales

6:00am – 9:30pm (Mon, Sat)

6:00am – 10:30pm (Wed, Fri)

6:00am – 11:15pm (Tues, Thu, Sun)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:21 pm

Hawaiian Airlines Lounge Access Haneda

not sure if this has been asked before but dose anyone know which lunge Hawaiian airlines use at Haneda airport for those flying business/first class?

thanks
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
It is a contract lounge, but I do not recall the name. Pretty small, but has bathrooms, showers, and sparse drink and food offerings.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:31 am

Hi everyone. I noticed on the HA website it says that the lounge at LAX will be closed as of September 13, 2015. Does anyone know if this means it is being closed for good or will they be reopening at a later date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.