Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: Ha plat
Only in Hawaii could it take 5-6 months to renovate a 300 sq ft place ie Kona. Was there the other day and want a soda and the grill wanted $3.75 for a 20 oz bottle.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cln2day
Only in Hawaii could it take 5-6 months to renovate a 300 sq ft place ie Kona. Was there the other day and want a soda and the grill wanted $3.75 for a 20 oz bottle.
What the hell kind of renovations could they do to "the hut"?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:35 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Kona is the only lounge I have not frequented - always fly into Hilo lately. None of the lounges (including HNL) are spectacular by any stretch, but they are not bad either. I appreciate having them.

$3.75 a bottle is why I travel with a stainless steel coffee mug and refill it with Ice and water on the plane via in-flight service. That price is ridiculous even for Hawaii.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:59 pm

I was curious if anybody has purchased the Premier Club access, and if so does that allow a traveling companions to join you in the lounge? The website is pretty vague about what you get for the membership.. The two free bags is worth something, and i guess the lounge access could be nice, but not if it meant leaving the wife outside....
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by RoadWeary
I was curious if anybody has purchased the Premier Club access, and if so does that allow a traveling companions to join you in the lounge? The website is pretty vague about what you get for the membership.. The two free bags is worth something, and i guess the lounge access could be nice, but not if it meant leaving the wife outside....
It's a bit buried on the website (as are most things), but the language is in the T&Cs of HawaiianMiles:

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawa...x#premier-club

2 guests.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
It's a bit buried on the website (as are most things), but the language is in the T&Cs of HawaiianMiles:

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawa...x#premier-club

2 guests.
Thanks! i keep looking for that, but could't find it.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Any updates on lounge refurbs? Have combo work/leisure trip coming up with some island hopping...
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Any updates on lounge refurbs? Have combo work/leisure trip coming up with some island hopping...
The HNL lounge on the main level is still closed. Upstairs is open and unrenovated. Haven't checked any of the others, mostly because none of HA's lounges are better than the other available options, down to and including the airside "bar" in Hilo.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by WrightHI
The HNL lounge on the main level is still closed. Upstairs is open and unrenovated. Haven't checked any of the others, mostly because none of HA's lounges are better than the other available options, down to and including the airside "bar" in Hilo.
Thanks. Site has closing/opening Feb 2015 for the 2 phases...

Addtionally, there is an airside bar in Hilo? Can't see anything on terminal map--I've only used Kona. Thinking possibly some sarcasm since quotes used, wouldn't mind slightly expanded explanation ^

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Jan 9, 2015 at 6:53 pm Reason: addendum
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks. Site has closing/opening Feb 2015 for the 2 phases...

Addtionally, there is an airside bar in Hilo? Can't see anything on terminal map--I've only used Kona. Thinking possibly some sarcasm since quotes used, wouldn't mind slightly expanded explanation ^
It's in the corner of the main lobby away from the security checkpoint and consists of a small handful of tables (3-5?), a couple of refrigerated cases for sodas and packaged food, and a counter with cash register and 3 or 4 beer taps, partly walled off by latticework fencing. It's very much a Hilo sort of place, but it does serve beer, and sometimes that's important.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by WrightHI
It's in the corner of the main lobby away from the security checkpoint and consists of a small handful of tables (3-5?), a couple of refrigerated cases for sodas and packaged food, and a counter with cash register and 3 or 4 beer taps, partly walled off by latticework fencing. It's very much a Hilo sort of place, but it does serve beer, and sometimes that's important.
Sounds good to me!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:34 pm

Update on lounge closures/re-openings

Site updated with specific dates for some:

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawa...s/lounges.aspx
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:48 am
azj

The first renovated Premier Club opened yesterday. I'm most intrigued by the mention of opening a new "Business Class lounge" later this summer. I'm guessing they're referring to the lounge upstairs?

I like the look and it definitely has the same look and feel of the renovated corporate offices.

Slideshow:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...ub-lounge.html

Article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...w-premier.html
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by azj
The first renovated Premier Club opened yesterday. I'm most intrigued by the mention of opening a new "Business Class lounge" later this summer. I'm guessing they're referring to the lounge upstairs?

I like the look and it definitely has the same look and feel of the renovated corporate offices.

Slideshow:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...ub-lounge.html

Article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...w-premier.html
Thanks for this! Will see both HNL and OGG in just a few days, maybe add photos if needed ^
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Went thru LIH and it is closed but the wifi is still accessible outside. Will be going thru HNL and OGG this evening and see if they are worth the time, money and hype...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.