Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2001, 10:01 am
Original Poster

When I confirmed our HA tickets to Kauai last night I found out that Premier Club members no longer have access to the Northwest Club Room at SFO. Hawaiian has changed their ground services agreement from Northwest to US Air. Flights now leave from the south domestic terminal at gate 15. The agent told me that at the present time there are no club room privileges of any kind at SFO.

Since we routinely fly out of SFO to Hawaii I don't think it will be worth it any longer to continue paying for HA's Premier Club membership.

Does anyone else have any other information about this?
Old May 21, 2001, 12:38 am

HA PAX (F and Premier) can now use the US Air lounge in SFO. You'll be given a card at check in.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:06 pm

The Consolidated "HA Premier Club Lounges -Worth it? Questions? Observations?" thread

I have upcoming business in Hawaii and am considering the Premier Club membership for two interisland RTs (one business, one pleasure). Does anyone have any opinion of its value? I enjoy airport lounges and would value getting on board first for a window seat. Other than that, I won't get much more value. Are the lounges on the mainland accessible w/o a HA ticket? (i.e. US ticket at SFO, DL at LAX)? Mahalo!
Old Feb 21, 2002, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

I don't think you get any club privileges on the mainland unless you are holding an HA ticket. The main advantage to the Premier Club for inter-island travel is that there is a special check-in line and you are allowed to board the plane right after the first class passengers. Unless you are a frequent HA flyer it's probably not worth the $125 annual cost.

The Premier Club lounge in HNL is in the inter-island terminal. It offers self-serve coffee, sodas and some packaged snacks. There are also a few work stations.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The club in OGG has some cold sodas, some old very used local newspapers, stale coffee, a few stained cafeteria-style tables and chairs. Truthfully the main seating in the airport near the gates is more nice and more appealing. IMHO the earlier boarding is the ONLY advantage. And at that cheap price you dont get any recip privilidges either. Save your money.

MisterNice
Old Feb 25, 2002, 1:44 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
You do get two comp cocktails on your mainland flight with the Premier Club membership also, just a little extra benifit.
Aloha
Old Feb 25, 2002, 7:07 am

My sense is that the HA lounges are not that great and pre-boarding is the real advantage. Can I access the other terminals at HNL from the secure area of the Interisland terminal? If so, I can use the CO club (which is a hike, I know!) instead. I am not going to pay the $125 for 4 or maybe 5 lounge visits plus pre-boarding. Does anyone have a sense of how full midweek (business traveler time) interisland flights are? I am referring to HNL to OGG and LIH. Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2002, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HNL past the searchers is one big "secure" area so you can easily walk (10 min) or take the Wiki-Wiki shuttle (7-16 min)to/from the Inter Island Terminal to the nice CO P-Club directly across from Gate 13, or use the less desirable NW WC about 20 feet away.

HA load factors vary widely since the flight cut backs, but I have been able to get on earlier HA flights about 75% of the time. Remember Murphys Law applies in HI too.

MisterNice
Old Feb 9, 2004, 8:14 pm

Premier Club access if I'm coming in NW coach, II first?

Hey all,

The title says it all. I'll be flying into HNL on NW in Y class, and have four hours until my II flight on Hawaiian in first (and the reverse is true on the way out).

Will I be able to access HA's Premier Club? If so, do I just show ticket or do I need to get some sort of pass beforehand?

TIA
Old Feb 9, 2004, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
If you're booked on first on HA's flight you'll have access to the premier club. Get your boarding passes at the gate when you get to HNL (don't exit security), ask for lounge access and they should give you a code. Then, just flash your first class boarding pass to the agent in the lounge and you're set. (the same is true on the return).

aloha and enjoy your trip!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 9:33 am

Thanks slippahs...I assume that there's a PC in the interisland terminal. Is there also one in the main terminal? If so, which one would be best to spend a couple hours at?

I can't find anything about this on the HA website.

(Also, I'm assuming that there are not assigned seats in FC?)
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeelLaw:
Thanks slippahs...I assume that there's a PC in the interisland terminal. Is there also one in the main terminal? If so, which one would be best to spend a couple hours at?
</font>
There's only a Premier club in the HA interisland terminal and all F seats on HA's flights (whether it'd be domestic or interisland) is assigned seating. (Y seats on interisland flights only are open seating.)

aloha
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by slippahs:
There's only a Premier club in the HA interisland terminal and all F seats on HA's flights (whether it'd be domestic or interisland) is assigned seating. (Y seats on interisland flights only are open seating.)

aloha
</font>
Great, thanks...should I be concerned that NW has me listed in first, but without a seat assignment (and I can't pick one?) Or will it just all work out when I get to HNL
Old Feb 12, 2004, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeelLaw:
Great, thanks...should I be concerned that NW has me listed in first, but without a seat assignment (and I can't pick one?) Or will it just all work out when I get to HNL</font>
Call Hawaiian Airlines (their 800 number is on their website), say you've got a flight with a NW connect and that you're in first. They should be able to pre-assign you a seat.

aloha
Old Feb 12, 2004, 3:47 pm

great, thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.