Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2009, 3:09 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Note: Off-topic posts on the SuperFerry's legal status were moved here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...-canceled.html

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Hawai`i-based Airlines forum
Old Mar 26, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
I called HA reservations and they say (consistent with what I have heard before) that HA gives Business Class passengers access to the NZ lounge in SYD. I'll verify this is August when I travel. Any different experiences?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: Alaska; United, Flying Blue, Air Canada, American
HA Premier Lounge discussion thread

Thanks for the reminder about the 'awesome lounges' of HA. I saw the Honolulu flagship lounge when flying through in December. The attendant seemed embarrassed to even be there.

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
No complimentary upgrades on anything except interisland for Platinums. They will fly a seat empty or put a non rev in F on long hauls.

When they announced their new redemption amounts about 5 months ago, I gave up on them. HA miles are easy to come by, and could normally get the 15K upgrade at 24hrs prior to departure. That went up to 25K and I said goodbye.

On the plus side, you get access to their awesome lounges with elite status.

For people redeeming for coach awards, I do think their program is better than alot of others, but HA's route network is limited, and their partner awards seem like a headache from what I've read on the forum here.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

For what they are intended to be, the Hawai`i HA Premier Club lounges are just fine.

They are designed first of all for heavy inter-island travelers who can have a nicer place than the gate for a half an hour before a flight. They're really intended to be a perk for those who in essence commute between islands on a very regular basis.

Since its remodeling, the HNL one is a pleasant enough place to kill an hour waiting for an inter-island flight.

I don't think they were ever intended to be "competition" for mainline/legacy carrier lounges. Their purpose is just different.

I, for one, appreciate a pleasant place in HNL or OGG (the KOA and ITO ones are still a bit spartan even with a very restricted purpose in mind, but after the current mauka-side renovation of ITO we'll see if ITO's lounge has improved) to grab a diet soda, use the free wifi, get on the standby list or change seats.

HA also prices its product accordingly in comparision to to what it costs for mainline/legacy lounges.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
For what they are intended to be, the Hawai`i HA Premier Club lounges are just fine.

They are designed first of all for heavy inter-island travelers who can have a nicer place than the gate for a half an hour before a flight. They're really intended to be a perk for those who in essence commute between islands on a very regular basis.

Since its remodeling, the HNL one is a pleasant enough place to kill an hour waiting for an inter-island flight.

I don't think they were ever intended to be "competition" for mainline/legacy carrier lounges. Their purpose is just different.

I, for one, appreciate a pleasant place in HNL or OGG (the KOA and ITO ones are still a bit spartan even with a very restricted purpose in mind, but after the current mauka-side renovation of ITO we'll see if ITO's lounge has improved) to grab a diet soda, use the free wifi, get on the standby list or change seats.
When the ITO lounge was last open, was it staffed? When I went through OGG last month, they gave us the door code at the ticket counter. In the lounge there was no HA computer terminal, just a sign on the desk saying the lounge isn't staffed anymore, or something to that effect.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
When the ITO lounge was last open, was it staffed? When I went through OGG last month, they gave us the door code at the ticket counter. In the lounge there was no HA computer terminal, just a sign on the desk saying the lounge isn't staffed anymore, or something to that effect.
No, ITO was never staffed. I thought I recall that the OGG one used to be. KOA is unstaffed too.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
No, ITO was never staffed. I thought I recall that the OGG one used to be. KOA is unstaffed too.
So seat changing and standby in the lounge will now be limited to HNL.

I wonder what the OGG lounge looks like before the mainland departures. Standing room only?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: Alaska; United, Flying Blue, Air Canada, American
I guess the person I saw in the 'lounge' was the cleaning lady.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:50 pm

Premier Club Membership Fee Increase

Effective April 1, 2009 the Premier Club membership fee will be $199 or 30,000 HawaiianMiles. Old rate was $150 or 20,000 miles.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage

HA also prices its product accordingly in comparision to to what it costs for mainline/legacy lounges.
Well said cblaisd! This pretty much sums it up. I am always in the HNL lounge and haven't been bothered by the lack of "features" competing mainline/legacy carrier lounges have. It is a perfect place for me to unwind for an hour or so while waiting for my flight home to LIH after a day full of meetings and downtown HNL traffic. The free wifi is nice too.

For me, the only thing HA could do to make the HNL lounge more "perfect" would be to add Biscoff cookies to the snack basket with the pretzel packs. Heck they already serve Biscoff's on the morning interisland F class flights. Those Biscoff's are so darn addicting. ^

I think the best HA lounge is the LAS lounge. Of course, it's not really an HA lounge as it is common use with the other LAS Terminal 2 carriers and only F class ticket holders are allowed in regardless if you have Pualani or Premier Club status.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:42 pm

hmm, it still shows as 20k/$150 on the web site.

Does Premier club exempt you from fees for changing to an earlier space-available inter-island flight? Or do you have to be Pualani Gold or higher for that?

Both times I've taken the MNL flight, they won't allow me to book the interisland segment with less than 2.5 hours layover and I travel without checked bags, so I'm usually out of customs within a few minutes of the plane arriving at the gate. I paid another change fee yesterday to avoid sitting in HNL for an extra hour. I hate that policy in Honolulu. (The first thing a counter agent will tell you if you ask to get on earlier flight without looking at anything is that you will have to pay a change fee.)

-David
Old May 20, 2009, 9:20 pm

Wow, that's a drag. One of our workers just joined and it was $150 and I thought he did it towards the end of last month, so will have to check on that...
Old May 29, 2009, 12:20 pm

Baggage question. As a Premier Club Member one can check 2 bags without a charge. If not, to get this correct, Mainland flights: Bag #1=$25, Bag # 2=$17...Interisland Flights: Bag #1= $00, Bag #2=$17.
Old May 31, 2009, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Bishope2
Baggage question. As a Premier Club Member one can check 2 bags without a charge. If not, to get this correct, Mainland flights: Bag #1=$25, Bag # 2=$17...Interisland Flights: Bag #1= $00, Bag #2=$17.
Yes, that's correct.

Re: original topic. I was playing around with the HA site and seeing what the system would quote me for a Premier Club membership. Still says $150 when you get to the payment screen. So perhaps there wasn't a change?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:07 pm

My Premier Club membership was to expire last month so in March they sent me a renewal form. In it, they were saying that the membership fee was about to increase. Hopefully, it got canceled or the webmaster has not updated the webpage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.