Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Data Point:

I had been flagged for fraud alert when I activated by BofA card. I used AP to meet the criteria. Statement closed yesterday, was credited the 35k + 1k for spend

BoH didn't meet spend yet, but they sent me 20k first use plus spend.

I didn't want to meet spend on both since someone suggested I might not get both bonuses.

Looks like next month BoH will give me the other 15k points
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: National Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
Data Point:

I had been flagged for fraud alert when I activated by BofA card. I used AP to meet the criteria. Statement closed yesterday, was credited the 35k + 1k for spend

BoH didn't meet spend yet, but they sent me 20k first use plus spend.

I didn't want to meet spend on both since someone suggested I might not get both bonuses.

Looks like next month BoH will give me the other 15k points
Solely using AP to meet the spend requirements seems like an obvious fraud flag to me, no matter who the lender is. Diversify to fly under the radar. I make a few purchases here and there of small amounts (maybe a restaurant dine, small purchase using the company shopping portal, or just a standard purchase that doesn't get you bonus points with another card) and then also do VR's or AP's.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by The OS
Solely using AP to meet the spend requirements seems like an obvious fraud flag to me, no matter who the lender is. Diversify to fly under the radar. I make a few purchases here and there of small amounts (maybe a restaurant dine, small purchase using the company shopping portal, or just a standard purchase that doesn't get you bonus points with another card) and then also do VR's or AP's.
Or making car payments on it, or paying for household bills with the CC...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
yeah, I'm going to spend on other things here and there... but I did get all the points, which I am satisfied with.

I don't usually deal with BofA and I find their system sucks .... but it is never good to be blackballed
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: HH, SPG, IHG, Club Carlson, Hyatt, AA, DL, AmEx, UR
DATA POINT:

Applied for both cards last night. Not instantly approved for either. Called reconsideration for BoA today and was transferred to a credit analyst. She mentioned I had two applications, asked me only what my job was, pulled my credit report for each and instantly approved me for both cards with a $7.5K limit each. Both are Signature, confirmed miles and bonuses. It seemed as though she did two credit pulls, both with Experian. My score is around 730 with Experian.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: AA, SW
Originally Posted by amolkold
I got approved today for 2 $5K cards with $41K income, so the $50K income thing isn't true. Both reps congratulated me on tremendous credit, perhaps that has something to do with it.
My wife was approved for 2 signature cards @ income of $36.5k. The agent on the reconsideration line thought it would be one signature and one platinum, but both cards we received were signature. We just received them yesterday so i didn't see what the limit was, but I would assume that they are both $5k.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:18 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
I applied for both yesterday and got a pending msg as well. Just called 1-888-503-6090 and they said one was already approved, had to give some extra info on liquid assets, why I needed the line (I already has a substantial line on another card with BofA, and was given approval on the second as well.

Batted 8/8 on my latest round of apps. I hadn't done an AOR in some years though.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: National Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OSUPoke2007
My wife was approved for 2 signature cards @ income of $36.5k. The agent on the reconsideration line thought it would be one signature and one platinum, but both cards we received were signature. We just received them yesterday so i didn't see what the limit was, but I would assume that they are both $5k.
When I received both of my cards, the limit was on the paper that the card came on.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:45 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
i had ordered expedited shipping and got them. now a few days ago i got 2 more.. same numbers though. pshh was hoping they sent me 4. heh.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA, SW
When I received both of my cards, the limit was on the paper that the card came on.
Yeah, I figured, I just opened them last night before bed and haven't had a chance to read the TOC yet. Thanks for the heads up though!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:06 pm
Suspended

so i applied for this card in first week of NOV.( APPROVED BOTH ON PHONE WITH CREDIT DEPT) and after back and forth calling, multiple answers on phone with few fraud dept and customer service agents AND including trip to BOA branch location for further verification purpose, all those even before I have received the card, I received ONLY ONE of the 2 cards I applied today. I received the BOA Bank of Hawaain airline card and still nothing about the BOA hawaain airline card.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Similar situation here; I applied for the Citi Hhonors Visa and BofA HA Sig Visa on the same day, 2 weeks ago, instant approval on both. The Citi card arrived in 4 business days, still waiting for BofA
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:04 am

how many months have you been keeping the HA cards before cancelling and how many months do you wait before reapplying to churn these two cards?i cancelled one at 8 months.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Just applied for both. Was NOT immediately approved. Called the reconsideration line. Provided some financial info and was approved for both cards on the phone with $10K limits on each.

Some stats:
Credit Karma 774
Vantage Score 898
7 hard inquiries in last 2 years
No B of A cards outstanding
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:16 am

I was approved for the BOA version a few months ago, is it possible to get the BOH version now and sill get the bonus or should I have done both at the same time originally?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.