Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list, Hiltonhonors Diamond, Delta, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum,
Applied for both cards and had to call the approval line as both applications were pending under review. Instant approval on both and recieved the cards about 4 business days later. Answering the question above the numbers on both cards are different just like when applying for 2 citi Visa AA cards using the dbl browser trick but I did get the BOH and BOA cards and not two BOA cards as you mention above. I would assume you would get the bonus twice if they gave it to you but not sure. Call and ask.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
New BoH Account: Number at Front Of Card ?

I have had the BoA card for a few months and have just received the new BoH credit card today.

I have noticed it has a number at the bottom of my name which is totally differrent from my HA membership number. (usually this has FF membership number on front)

Can anybody please advise what this number is and is it ok that it is differrent from my HA membership number?

I called BoH customer services and they were useless, they cant tell what the number is nor can they tell if they have noted the correct FF on file, they asked me to call Hawaiian Airlines to verify.

I spent 12 mins ringing from Germany and will have to take my chances, hoping someone on this thread can advise on this number at front of card.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have had the BoA card for a few months and have just received the new BoH credit card today.

I have noticed it has a number at the bottom of my name which is totally differrent from my HA membership number. (usually this has FF membership number on front)

Can anybody please advise what this number is and is it ok that it is differrent from my HA membership number?

I called BoH customer services and they were useless, they cant tell what the number is nor can they tell if they have noted the correct FF on file, they asked me to call Hawaiian Airlines to verify.

I spent 12 mins ringing from Germany and will have to take my chances, hoping someone on this thread can advise on this number at front of card.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but on our two BofH cards (mine & Mrs. Aces), the number on the lower left corner right below our names are our HawaiianMiles numbers. Maybe BofH gave you a new account when you applied for the card? Perhaps Hawaiian Airlines could tell you if that number is a new account that belongs to you? If so, maybe they can merge the accounts when your bonus posts? Regardless, I think you may have some long frustrating phone calls in your future. I'm sorry.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi everyone, planning to apply for these cards, just wonder if applying both will generate just one inquiry as I heard that the BOH card pulled by FIA while the BOA card pulled by BOA?

Also is it possible to churn on this and apply for a 2nd card? Or it needs to be cancelled first before applying for the 2nd card?

Thanks for all the help, good luck and have a great weekend.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi everyone, planning to apply for these cards, just wonder if applying both will generate just one inquiry as I heard that the BOH card pulled by FIA while the BOA card pulled by BOA?

Also is it possible to churn on this and apply for a 2nd card? Or it needs to be cancelled first before applying for the 2nd card?

Thanks for all the help, good luck and have a great weekend.
Getting both cards = 2 inquiries. They will not merge. My experience is they are churnable with old account open. The annual fee is not waived.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal

Same thing happened to me. They set up another account. Said if even slight difference in name on your application vs existing Hawaiian account (such as middle initial), they open a new account. But "I think" they said they will merge if you want - I don't really care as Hawaiian is supposedly easy to transfer between accounts. And I was initially planning to convert to Hilton pesos at 2:1 as I have plenty of UA miles banked, but may change my mind - may just churn some Citi Hilton Visas instead, although credit pulls for those cards seems a waste.

My wife applied for both Hawaiian cards and they just used her existing account, so no problem for her.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by ckgunn01
Getting both cards = 2 inquiries. They will not merge. My experience is they are churnable with old account open. The annual fee is not waived.
How often can you churn these? 3 months? 1 year?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by farwest101
How often can you churn these? 3 months? 1 year?
No more than 3 months
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by emptiness
would have been better if you ask me question, i actually answered you before.

what i am saying here is regarding my card.

My wife has the Hawaain airline card and received the miles and transferred to hilton already. Her experience from the start has been fine and I called for her and got the AF waived so she is keeping it for sometime. She canceled her BOA virgin atlantic card after getting the AF credited and than transferred the credit line from that to her BOA hawaain airline card. I manage my wife's cards, applications, phone calls, spendings.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:50 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Smile

Closed my BOA and BOH accts about 3 months ago. Reapplied for BOH and was approved. Submitted app for BOA card and it said the system was down so I reapplied a 2nd time. Got a call from BOA asking if I really wanted two BOA cards and I said yes. So ended up with 3 cards that go round so 5 in total.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by MileTex
Closed my BOA and BOH accts about 3 months ago. Reapplied for BOH and was approved. Submitted app for BOA card and it said the system was down so I reapplied a 2nd time. Got a call from BOA asking if I really wanted two BOA cards and I said yes. So ended up with 3 cards that go round so 5 in total.
let us know if you get all 3 bonuses

did you get the cards yet? Because a lot of us who applied for both at the same time got fraud holds and what not.

so, you have to have the account closed for 90 days before reapplying?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:15 am

anybody try to load NationwideBank Buxx Visa card to meet spend limit

anybody try to load NationwideBank Buxx Visa card to meet spend limit ?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:06 pm

Is the current deal that good that I should jump on it ? I wuld be transferring to Hilton but hate paying annual fees

BTW what is the HA to Hilton transfer rate

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Is the current deal that good that I should jump on it ? I wuld be transferring to Hilton but hate paying annual fees

BTW what is the HA to Hilton transfer rate

Thanks
transfer rate is 1:2 in 5k increments
you get 10k hilton points for 5k HA miles.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
transfer rate is 1:2 in 5k increments
you get 10k hilton points for 5k HA miles.
Is this a very good deal ( signup bonus) or does a similiar deal come around often ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.