Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:12 pm

Thanks guys. Glad it isn't reported as both approvals were for $5k each and those would have been her lowest limits reported.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Thanks guys. Glad it isn't reported as both approvals were for $5k each and those would have been her lowest limits reported.
When it's not reported and there is a balance it hurts your utilization.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:39 pm

Do you mind copying/pasting the section from your credit report (without any part of the credit #s of course). Just want to see how it gets reported. There won't be any balance on these obviously. Meant to transfer to HHonors from both cards, and churn once her scores can support it.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Do you mind copying/pasting the section from your credit report (without any part of the credit #s of course). Just want to see how it gets reported. There won't be any balance on these obviously. Meant to transfer to HHonors from both cards, and churn once her scores can support it.
All it says is N/A when normally there is a dollar amount equal to the limit on that card.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:53 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
so if they dont report the CL then canceling them wont affect your utilization ratio, so your score won't drop?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
This is correct. They can only hurt your utilization by carrying a balance, they can't help it because no limit is reported. So closing it (with a zero balance, of course) wouldn't affect your utilization and your score wouldn't drop for that reason.

Generally though you should try to keep accounts open for at least six months otherwise you might start to look like a churner.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Just got my B of H card but no documents yet. Is their automobile CDW coverage secondary like most cards?

Mahalo!

[Just received my docs today & B of H does have secondary auto coverage. Thank goodness for the Chase UA Explorer card]

Last edited by philemer; Dec 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Arrow Data point

First statement closed Dec 18. Just saw bonus miles posted today eventhough the posted date shown is Dec 25 (yesterday).
This is from BoH card.

Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:27 pm

New to flyer talk. Planning Hawaii trip in Feb '13. I have a couple of questions

1) Can I book my ticket with the bonus points *and* get 50% off companion ticket?

2) What is their credit card cancellation policy? If I cancel the card as soon as I get my 20K posted, will they refund the annual fee?

3) Any chance they will waive the fee for first year?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ai2160
New to flyer talk. Planning Hawaii trip in Feb '13. I have a couple of questions

1) Can I book my ticket with the bonus points *and* get 50% off companion ticket?

2) What is their credit card cancellation policy? If I cancel the card as soon as I get my 20K posted, will they refund the annual fee?

1. No
2. Not sure of exact T&Cs but you may lose your miles if you do that and most likely no, they won't refund.
3. Maybe. Others in this thread have commented on this.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by ejh25
1. No
2. Not sure of exact T&Cs but you may lose your miles if you do that and most likely no, they won't refund.
3. Maybe. Others in this thread have commented on this.
1. Thank you
2. Thank you
3. Thank you

Not worth the annual fee for me.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by ai2160

I did this with the BOA Alaska 40k offer, and actually got the miles just for getting approved, then cancelled the card without ever using it once, avoided the fee, and kept the miles. However, not a good idea to do this on a long-term basis as they will likely flag you. Better to keep the card at least 6 months. Avoiding the annual fee usually isn't worth it if you lose the ability to apply for other offers in the future.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:28 am

Does BOH have any way to check application status? I searched through the thread but could only find BOA online and phone numbers.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Superorb
Does BOH have any way to check application status? I searched through the thread but could only find BOA online and phone numbers.
I believe it is the same phone number for both BOA & BOH cards.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by gv111
I believe it is the same phone number for both BOA & BOH cards.
Can anyone confirm? All I can find is 1-888-503-6090 for BOA. Will that work for the BOH card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.