Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
If you're a little wary of the above link, the link I received in my welcome package from BOH was:

http://www.fiacardservices.com

Which actually appears to redirect to the above link anyways (and fiacardservices.com is easier to remember).
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:19 pm

BOA posted, BOH not

I spent $1,004 on BOA card, and $1,006 on BOH. Received statements for both on the same day, I saw 36,004 and 36,006 miles on each respective mail statements. However, only 36,004 (BOA) posted to my Hawaiian Airlines account, the other 36,006 (BOH) never posted.

Did anyone encounter this problem? Miles from BOH card did not post even if statement indicated they should post. Any help would be great. I am planning to give them a call, but any experience or data points would be helpful

I did double check, both cards have the same Hawaiian Airlines #, and both paper statements said that I should receive these miles.

Annual Fees
Also, if anyone cares, BofA usually does not charge you Annual Fee till your 2nd Cycle, as it does not show up till that cycle, they charge you on the first day of the 2nd cycle. So if you do charge minimum requirement, pay it and then call to cancel before your 2nd cycle closes, they will close the card for you and will take that fee off for you . YMMV, but it worked for me on many different cards.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Originally Posted by PedroNY
I spent $1,004 on BOA card, and $1,006 on BOH. Received statements for both on the same day, I saw 36,004 and 36,006 miles on each respective mail statements. However, only 36,004 (BOA) posted to my Hawaiian Airlines account, the other 36,006 (BOH) never posted.

Did anyone encounter this problem? Miles from BOH card did not post even if statement indicated they should post. Any help would be great. I am planning to give them a call, but any experience or data points would be helpful

I did double check, both cards have the same Hawaiian Airlines #, and both paper statements said that I should receive these miles.

Annual Fees
Also, if anyone cares, BofA usually does not charge you Annual Fee till your 2nd Cycle, as it does not show up till that cycle, they charge you on the first day of the 2nd cycle. So if you do charge minimum requirement, pay it and then call to cancel before your 2nd cycle closes, they will close the card for you and will take that fee off for you . YMMV, but it worked for me on many different cards.

Best,

PedroNY
yes same thing happened to me ,took 2 months to sort it out.
contact CS ask them to open a ticket for missing miles.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA, SW
Time for more data points.

I applied for my two cards at the end of September about 9 days apart and only received one account review inquiry from FIA CSNA. I received the initial bonuses on the first statements dated 10/2 and 10/11 and met the spend during October. The next bonus posted on 11/2 and the final bonus should post on 11/11.

Thanks FT! I am off tonight to get the wife these cards and to hopefully churn these two cards in 3-4 months.

Last edited by OSUPoke2007; Nov 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I applied Oct 20 .. was initially rejected for both, called recon, got both approved

I got them 11/3 in the mail, called today 11/5 to activate. Called BofA, got sent to a CSR, CSR couldn't find the account, sent me to a different department.

The CSR asked why I was on the phone and i said "I'm just trying to activate the card" she then states "well, there is a fraud alert on the card"

How could there be a fraud alert on a card I haven't used or activated yet?

She puts me on hold, comes back and says "I need you to give me your DOB, SSN, and a previous address" i asked if she was going to read me a list of them and she said no.

So I started going in chronological order and she kept stating "not far back enough" ... I basically gave the last 5 years of residency, then she asked me another set of questions and stated that the fraud alert was because I applied for multiple accounts from FIA and they wanted to 'clear that up'

I then called BofH to activate, they gave me a 0% balance transfer until apr 2014, i declined, they activated, and we were done.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I applied Oct 20 .. was initially rejected for both, called recon, got both approved

I got them 11/3 in the mail, called today 11/5 to activate. Called BofA, got sent to a CSR, CSR couldn't find the account, sent me to a different department.

The CSR asked why I was on the phone and i said "I'm just trying to activate the card" she then states "well, there is a fraud alert on the card"

How could there be a fraud alert on a card I haven't used or activated yet?

She puts me on hold, comes back and says "I need you to give me your DOB, SSN, and a previous address" i asked if she was going to read me a list of them and she said no.

So I started going in chronological order and she kept stating "not far back enough" ... I basically gave the last 5 years of residency, then she asked me another set of questions and stated that the fraud alert was because I applied for multiple accounts from FIA and they wanted to 'clear that up'

I then called BofH to activate, they gave me a 0% balance transfer until apr 2014, i declined, they activated, and we were done.
watch out for the bonuses, fear is you may get only one.

is this your first app for this card?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
watch out for the bonuses, fear is you may get only one.

is this your first app for this card?
This is the first time I have ever applied for any BofA product.

I am spacing the spend out on the cards .. just APed the BofA card

I think they might have flagged it because they were part of a AOR that included the PC and Amex Surpass
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:50 pm

Beware: I loaded buxx with both cards no prob but only got first purchase miles not extra 15k for minimum spend, and no miles for the loads at all. Just so any interested were wondering.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Just to make everyone aware, the $79 annual fee does not count as a purchase. I was shooting for spending just a wee bit over $1,000 within the first two billing cycles. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I had only spent $940. I was only looking at the total charges, and not taking into account that the $79 is not counted as spend. Not a huge problem, as I just spent a bit more to put myself over the $1,000 spend requirement and wait an additional month.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Why are you worring about what you spend? There are ways of meeting the spending amount without really spending any money...

There are ways of using your CC to pay for items like your mortgage which makes it very easy to make some of the high spending amounts. So far I have done it and not had a problem.

Originally Posted by alben
Just to make everyone aware, the $79 annual fee does not count as a purchase. I was shooting for spending just a wee bit over $1,000 within the first two billing cycles. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I had only spent $940. I was only looking at the total charges, and not taking into account that the $79 is not counted as spend. Not a huge problem, as I just spent a bit more to put myself over the $1,000 spend requirement and wait an additional month.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse:19641931
Why are you worring about what you spend? There are ways of meeting the spending amount without really spending any money...

There are ways of using your CC to pay for items like your mortgage which makes it very easy to make some of the high spending amounts. So far I have done it and not had a problem.

Originally Posted by alben
You found a way to pay for mortgage with card without spending money? Pray tell...
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jpr0930
You found a way to pay for mortgage with card without spending money? Pray tell...
That's not what they said
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jpr0930
Beware: I loaded buxx with both cards no prob but only got first purchase miles not extra 15k for minimum spend, and no miles for the loads at all. Just so any interested were wondering.
I just did AP .. we'll see what happens.. did it for the full $1k
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:50 pm

Hi all,

I visited BoH the other day and was informed that they would be phasing out the 35k offer soon. They couldn't give me a specific date, although when I visited another branch today I was told the same thing. I'll try to get this confirmed either way soon, but just wanted to give a heads up.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by embla
Hi all,

I visited BoH the other day and was informed that they would be phasing out the 35k offer soon. They couldn't give me a specific date, although when I visited another branch today I was told the same thing. I'll try to get this confirmed either way soon, but just wanted to give a heads up.
Too bad.
Just curious, if BOH version phases out, can we do BOA Hawaiian and Alaska(or Virgin Atlantic) at the same time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.