Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Time traveller
In general no, but you can always call them up and ask.
BOA never waives AF, been trying that since last year.

I canceled my BOA VA amex card yesterday , I got it last month and avoided AF. I know it shouldn't be done normally but its not too useful and only card i can think of worth converting to is Hawaain card but won't get bonus and I have too much over all credit lines from all my cards, much more than my annual income.

MY wife doesn't have too many cards like I do so I converted her Virgin atlantic to Travel rewards card only because to avoid the AF and wanted to increase credit line to improve her score. Our credit utilization is only 1%.

Wife recently got the BOA Hawaain card for 35k bonus. wish I knew there are 2 of them and applied both for 75k bonus.

I will try the 2 Hawaain cards in my next App.

One is on BOA site and the other one is on Hawaain airline site right?

How long should I wait to apply since my last App in mid August?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by OSUPoke2007
Did you give a reason as to why or just confirm that you meant to apply for both?
Separate business and personal expenses so I thought it made sense to apply for both.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
DATA POINT:

I applied for:

Chase

UA Club - May 2012 - approved
BA Card -July 2012 - approved

PC Card - Oct 20 - called Recon - Approved!

CITI

HH 50k x2- Sept 2012 - approved (2 browser trick)

AMEX
HH 50k - Jan 2012 - Approved
HH 60k - Sept 2012 - Approved (surpass card)

BoA

HA 35k x2 - Feb 2012 - declined (too many inquiries)
HA 35k x2 - Oct 2012 - declined (too many inquiries) - Called Recon - Approved!

EDIT: Was originally declined for too many inquires (8 in 12 months) but then they went ahead and approved me after some standard questions for $7500 each

Last edited by stupidzbu; Oct 22, 2012 at 10:41 am
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
DATA POINT:

I applied for:

Chase

UA Club - May 2012 - approved
BA Card -July 2012 - approved

PC Card - today - called Recon - Approved!

CITI

HH 50k x2- Sept 2012 - approved (2 browser trick)

AMEX
HH 50k - Jan 2012 - Approved
HH 60k - Sept 2012 - Approved (surpass card)

BoA

HA 35k x2 - Today - pending (2 browser trick, will call Monday)
you sure you'll get the Surpass bonus points? Or did you cancel the previous one?

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA Gold; Hyatt Globalist; HH D, Marriott Plat
HI Miles to HHonors Points

anybody have experience with this transfer? if so, do the hhonors points go towards hh status?

I read the hilton t&c, seems to indicate "no", looking for personal/ real world experiences. thank you
Old Oct 20, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
you sure you'll get the Surpass bonus points? Or did you cancel the previous one?
if you read what you quoted, it will clearly state:

1) You can only get the same bonus card once in a 12 month period

2) you can only get any bonus once in a 90 day period

Now look at my timeline

I got the free 50k in Jan and the Surpass 60k in Sept

I confirmed the bonus with the agent and my statement closes in 2 days and I've already met the spending. I'll update once my points post

Last edited by stupidzbu; Oct 20, 2012 at 3:21 pm
Old Oct 20, 2012, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FishH2O
anybody have experience with this transfer? if so, do the hhonors points go towards hh status?

I read the hilton t&c, seems to indicate "no", looking for personal/ real world experiences. thank you
1,takes about 3 weeks for transfer, 1:2 in 5k increments.

2,NO
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:16 pm

if you read what you quoted, it will clearly state:

1) You can only get the same bonus card once in a 12 month period

2) you can only get any bonus once in a 90 day period

Now look at my timeline

I got the free 50k in Jan and the Surpass 60k in Sept

I confirmed the bonus with the agent and my statement closes in 2 days and I've already met the spending. I'll update once my points post
Uh, I know English is my second language but I don't believe my English level is that bad. If you read what you typed, you will clearly notice:

1) you did not answer my second question, which specifically pertains to the second clause of what I quoted from the T&Cs, which is the key data point here.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:13 am

Uh, I know English is my second language but I don't believe my English level is that bad. If you read what you typed, you will clearly notice:

1) you did not answer my second question, which specifically pertains to the second clause of what I quoted from the T&Cs, which is the key data point here.
I didn't cancel the first one because, as the T&Cs state, Surpass is a different product and I applied for it 90+ days after the first one, making me eligible for the surpass points.

if you don't want to 'risk it' you can always upgrade the free card to the surpass for 50k/$3k spend and lose on 10k hilton points. Bonus is you don't get a hard credit pull
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:13 am

DATA POINT:

I applied for:

BoA

HA 35k x2 - Today - pending (2 browser trick, will call Monday)
This was 2 BOA Hawaiin Airlines? Or 1 BOA and 1 BOH card? If not BOH why didn't you try with them too since they transfer 1:2 to Hilton?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: HA, UA, DL, HHonors, Hyatt, Chase
I didn't cancel the first one because, as the T&Cs state, Surpass is a different product and I applied for it 90+ days after the first one, making me eligible for the surpass points.

if you don't want to 'risk it' you can always upgrade the free card to the surpass for 50k/$3k spend and lose on 10k hilton points. Bonus is you don't get a hard credit pull
read bold:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days.
this wording leads me to believe you will not get the bonus. however, i'd love to be wrong.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by scoy
read bold:

this wording leads me to believe you will not get the bonus. however, i'd love to be wrong.
dude.. seriously?

this is like very basic grammar and sentence structure. If you read it as you bolded the statement, the last part "within the last 90 days" makes no sense.

It is a very basic IF THEN statement

IF you have had a SURPASS card in the last 12 months THEN no bonus

IF you have had a hilton bonus in the last 90 days THEN no bonus

So now let me make it an IF AND THEN statement for you:

IF you have had a Hilton AMEX for more than 90+ days AND it is not the same product you are applying for THEN bonus
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:09 am

dude.. seriously?

this is like very basic grammar and sentence structure. If you read it as you bolded the statement, the last part "within the last 90 days" makes no sense.

IF you have had a Hilton AMEX for more than 90+ days AND it is not the same product you are applying for THEN bonus
You are confusing "having" the card for more than 90 days with "applying" for the card within 90 days. the terms state that if you "have had... any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days" you will not get the bonus.

It does NOT state "if you have APPLIED for any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days" you will not get the bonus.

Meaning, if you have had any Hilton Honors Credit Card OPEN, not OPENED, within the last 90 days, you will not get the bonus. You would have had to cancel the card 90 days before your application.

Now as Scoy said, I would love to be wrong also. But this is what the terms actually mean, and is what I have heard from other peoples' experiences.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:53 am

dude.. seriously?

Originally Posted by rcross23
You are confusing "having" the card for more than 90 days with "applying" for the card within 90 days. the terms state that if you "have had... any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days" you will not get the bonus.

It does NOT state "if you have APPLIED for any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days" you will not get the bonus.

Meaning, if you have had any Hilton Honors Credit Card OPEN, not OPENED, within the last 90 days, you will not get the bonus. You would have had to cancel the card 90 days before your application.

Now as Scoy said, I would love to be wrong also. But this is what the terms actually mean, and is what I have heard from other peoples' experiences.
rcross23: My thoughts exactly.

And I'd love to be wrong as well, as that would open doors.

Please update if and when you receive bonus.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:24 pm

rcross23: My thoughts exactly.

And I'd love to be wrong as well, as that would open doors.

Please update if and when you receive bonus.
when I called to activate I confirmed the bonus. My statement closes tomorrow, I will let everyone know.

AFAIK, it is as I stated and not how you guys are assuming.

Besides, there is the upgrade on the 50k fee-free card to make it a surpass for an additional 50k bonus after 3k spend.

So why would they offer 2 bonuses that way and not this way?

EDIT: also .. I won't be posting it in this thread as this is the HA thread .. look for my reply in New 50-60K HH Amex offers - till 10/31/12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.