FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:53 am
booyaa

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
dude.. seriously?

this is like very basic grammar and sentence structure. If you read it as you bolded the statement, the last part "within the last 90 days" makes no sense.

It is a very basic IF THEN statement

IF you have had a SURPASS card in the last 12 months THEN no bonus

IF you have had a hilton bonus in the last 90 days THEN no bonus

So now let me make it an IF AND THEN statement for you:

IF you have had a Hilton AMEX for more than 90+ days AND it is not the same product you are applying for THEN bonus
Originally Posted by rcross23
You are confusing "having" the card for more than 90 days with "applying" for the card within 90 days. the terms state that if you "have had... any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days" you will not get the bonus.

It does NOT state "if you have APPLIED for any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days" you will not get the bonus.

Meaning, if you have had any Hilton Honors Credit Card OPEN, not OPENED, within the last 90 days, you will not get the bonus. You would have had to cancel the card 90 days before your application.

Now as Scoy said, I would love to be wrong also. But this is what the terms actually mean, and is what I have heard from other peoples' experiences.
rcross23: My thoughts exactly.

And I'd love to be wrong as well, as that would open doors.

Please update if and when you receive bonus.