Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
when I closed both last month I was told "Well sir you could always reapply and get the bonus again" pretty much verbatim on BOTH accounts.

I may just do that!

Both had offered me a retention of only having to pay 1/2 the annual fee but I said no and so I canceled. I will consider my options when credit and timing frees up.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Transfer benefits

Originally Posted by gv111
If one closes all HA credit cards, does the free incoming transfer for HA miles still work (at least for the near future)? In theory it shouldn't but in practice there is a gap between the Bank's system and the airline system so it might still work. Pls let me know if anybody has a recent experience. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
when I closed both last month I was told "Well sir you could always reapply and get the bonus again" pretty much verbatim on BOTH accounts.

I may just do that!

Both had offered me a retention of only having to pay 1/2 the annual fee but I said no and so I canceled. I will consider my options when credit and timing frees up.
Pls refer to my quoted post above. If all your HA cards were recently closed, is there anyway u can pls check and see if it is still possible to transfer HA miles from another person's (spouse, family etc.) HA account to your HA account? Just want to see if incoming HA transfers are still possible after closing the HA credit cards. Will really appreciate if could check and advise. TIA.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:48 am

How many months was each card open til it closed?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by gv111
Pls refer to my quoted post above. If all your HA cards were recently closed, is there anyway u can pls check and see if it is still possible to transfer HA miles from another person's (spouse, family etc.) HA account to your HA account? Just want to see if incoming HA transfers are still possible after closing the HA credit cards. Will really appreciate if could check and advise. TIA.

I will try and find out. And the good news is that my wife got both cards just recently (and her miles into her HA acct) so if it comes down to it, I transfers could be done the other way too. I may try to combine both our miles anyway but have yet to contact anyone to find out how.

Originally Posted by webazoid
How many months was each card open til it closed?
Mine were open just about a year and the fees hit so I called in. I acted all innocent but just trying to avoid extra costs etc. When asked if it was wrong to close so soon, the BofA rep said no, I dont think this is bad. I would do the same thing. I asked her if that's called churning and she said, no, I dont think you are doing that.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:06 am

I just applied for both these cards at the same time today and got pending further review...ill get a decision within 30 days?! Has anyone gotten instant approvals for these? I thought I would be in pretty good standing to get them easily. What should I do now? Call reconsideration right away?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:34 am

correct me if I am wrong, these HA miles is best transfer to Hilton right?
any of you use it for something else?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sparkzone
I think, the HA miles are pretty valuable, but if you don't use them, then Hilton transfer is a solid deal at 1:2.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:49 am

ah ok. its time to read this whole thread again to make sure not missing anything important
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:54 am

I redeem them to fly to HI. When you hold the credit card, you get discounted mileage redemptions. No tax, nice planes, one-way redemptions for half the cost of round trip, lots of availability, and a very user-friendly web site.

If you only like to redeem miles for access to premium cabins on varieties of partners, HA is not going to help you. If free trips to HI are your thing and you can tolerate sitting in Y, you can do a lot worse.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Zolomark
I just applied for both these cards at the same time today and got pending further review...ill get a decision within 30 days?! Has anyone gotten instant approvals for these? I thought I would be in pretty good standing to get them easily. What should I do now? Call reconsideration right away?
I only applied for one card today (The HA Bank version) but received instant approval.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I will try and find out. And the good news is that my wife got both cards just recently (and her miles into her HA acct) so if it comes down to it, I transfers could be done the other way too. I may try to combine both our miles anyway but have yet to contact anyone to find out how.
Any update on this? FYI, it only takes minute to transfer miles from 1 HA to another HA. Just login into your spouse's account and attempt a transfer into your own account by using "Share miles" feature. Pls let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Zolomark
I have gotten conditional approval for the card once (the first of such kind) in which I got a number to call in. That was my first ever app with BOA (even though I already have a banking relationship with them) and they asked tons of questions. And I mean tons, it was like 15 minutes.

Your second app is likely going to require a call in, because both app actually goes through FIA (I think BOA).

I actually applied for these cards at separate times, so the second one was instantly approved. No problem. ^

Good luck!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi I read info about applying these two cards together will generate just one hit for FIA. Is this still the case lately? I am about to apply for both and would like to keep hit to the minimum. Thanks for any comment and help.

Also how often can we churn on this? I heard someone did apply for a second copy of the same card while holding the old one. Is this still possible? Just wonder what is your experience.

Lastly, is BOA VS also pull from the same company? Can I swap out one of these with BOA VS and still get just one pull?

Thanks very much for your help.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
In my opinion it is. I ended up combining points between a bunch of family members and ended up with a cool 550K Hilton points

Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
I have gotten conditional approval for the card once (the first of such kind) in which I got a number to call in. That was my first ever app with BOA (even though I already have a banking relationship with them) and they asked tons of questions. And I mean tons, it was like 15 minutes.

Your second app is likely going to require a call in, because both app actually goes through FIA (I think BOA).

I actually applied for these cards at separate times, so the second one was instantly approved. No problem. ^

Good luck!
Thanks for the data point!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.