Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

It Gets Better, Unless You're Fat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It Gets Better, Unless You're Fat

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:26 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I must take issue with this. I'm Asian, and I have a huge penis.
This thread is fine without pics.
Originally Posted by Foady
Nobody forces anyone to play by a set of imaginary "gay" rules. If you don't like the rules or the game, go make up your own. Create an app or open a bar/club for bears, chubs, cubs, otters, Asians, Whites, Gingers, short, tall, left-handed, right-handed, cut, uncut... [fill in your own demographic want here]... and their lovers. Do something more useful than rant on a bulletin board, including exercising (it releases endorphins, which is known to make people happy) if you want. Or not.

By the way, have you been to SF? Gays of all kinds live together, play together, shop together, ..... together, eat together, drink together, walk their dogs together, and pick up dog poo together.

At the end of the day, love yourself. If you don't like your own self, nobody's going to like you either. Gay or straight.

End rant.
I now want to move to SFO! ^
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
We've had a discussion on this thread and while it is not really travel related it is GLBT. We've decided to let it stand based on allowing freer discussion in the forum that many have wanted.

Please discuss the subject but no personal attacks allowed.

Thank you!!

Peteropny - co-mod - GLBT
And while this thread (hopefully!) continues on its merry way, please don't forget the above note from my co-mod.

Thanks,
AJLondon co-mod GLBT
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I now want to move to SFO! ^
SF is a fabulous city!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:29 am

It totally is. You planning a Do there soon?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:05 pm

Paging Wireless.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:08 pm

Paging Wireless.
He'll bring the music while you get the entertainment?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:24 pm

He'll bring the music while you get the entertainment?
Depends on the entertainment you are seeking.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
SF is a fabulous city!
While San Francisco is a fabulous city (I've been there many times), it certainly isn't a gay mecca. Yea there are some neighborhoods like the Castro that may seem so, or if you go during the Folsom Street Fair, you'd certainly think it is too.
But last year I went there for work. I spent my time in the financial district. It isn't as if they assign you a guy when you check into your hotel

But back to the topic at hand... Yes there is racism both in the US and around the globe. Yes, people are biased against others who look different.
I spent 4 years in the US Army. I was 17 when I joined (my parents had to sign me away), 5'11" and 145#. I was among a select group who were put in the front of the line to go first into the mess hall...and one of the last to leave. I shoveled as much food into my face as I could...while guys who looked remotely overweight had to carry water jugs, do roadguard duty (stop traffic while we crossed streets), and they were last in/first out for eating.
Life isn't fair.

I spent a year in Korea while I was in the Army, and I have to say that was the first time I personally experienced racism toward me. I had cabs turn me down, some restaurants refuse to serve me, etc. But the crazy thing was--I spoke Korean (it was my job in the Army), so I could understand what they were saying.
Life isn't fair.

Yes, in the 'gay community' people do tend to associate with those who they like. I'm guilty of that too.

PS: I think someone should open a thread for the best places to buy sex toys, by city
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
We lived for 15 years in LA. With all the actors and entertainment people, skinny bodies, died hair and shaved body hair were the norm. Many trying to look younger than their years.

We have now lived in SF for two years and I have found it REFRESHING that the LA values are a minority here. While living healthy should always be the goal, youthfulness is not a community goal. I feel celebrated as an almost 50 year old gay man, fully embraced by the community at large. My hubby and I have often commented that it's a nice place to get older.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
While San Francisco is a fabulous city (I've been there many times), it certainly isn't a gay mecca.
What's a gay mecca then? It doesn't get gayer than SF

(of course, not including vacation spots like Sitges that do not have a life or residents of its own enough, or one weekend happenings like the prides around the globe)
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
You've got PM.

He probably got 100...

This thread is fine without pics.
^
Speak for yourself PICS PLEASE!!!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by carlosdca

(of course, not including vacation spots like Sitges that do not have a life or residents of its own enough, or one weekend happenings like the prides around the globe)
I think Palm Springs way out numbers SF as far as per capita ratio. Fort Lauderdale as well. I was disappointed in SF gay scene, just because I was naïve and thought every person I met would be fabulous.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
^

Depends on the entertainment you are seeking.

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
He probably got 100...

Speak for yourself PICS PLEASE!!!
Maybe once he gets back from his Disney Cruise...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carlosdca

Apparently, Minneapolis:

http://www.advocate.com/travel/2011/...2011?page=0,15
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by rjque
you betcha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.