Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by skyscanner
Absolutely NO FC member will have 1000 RCs to get in. NO FC member puts $10k into a VP machine or has the equivalent play.

This is the last nail to FC's coffin.
Will tier matched or Quest Diamonds have enough RCs to get in by that logic?

I personally know you are 100% wrong with your emphatic "NO FC member". First of all, you know who benefits most from becoming Diamond thru FC? Gamblers. The gambler who strings together a few stays in Vegas or AC a year, but only plays enough to get halfway to elite status. Or the player always just short. Or the player with two week long trips a year and racks up 500 TCs per day. All of those gamblers could benefit from Diamond, and all of them would have enough for DL entry.

Are there people in Vegas that have Diamond thru FC and are abusing DL privileges? Yup. But again, so are DIADs, Diamond Delight poker tournament winners, year-long, grind it out Diamonds, the aforementioned tier matches and Quest Diamonds. So, see, you can't say one group caused it or is affected by it. And if so, why does that bother you?

My play gets me tix, free RC offers, Mon-Thurs and some Friday and Saturday comps YEAR round, direct bets and freeplay. Plus, before I shifted some play from Borgata, I got the same from them with the exception of weekend comp rooms and match play. This was BEFORE I got Diamond thru FC. I was Platinum for years, and just got tired of tier chasing for no sizable benefit. So CET offering this was a no brainer. I am exactly their target with FC, business and gambling.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by mistermichigan
That's not true. I am a FC member and I have plenty of reward credits to get into Diamond Lounges in AC. Total Rewards offer free reward credits all the time. You just have to build them up before you go. My wife and I just went to AC for a week and we made sure we had enough reward credits to get in for the whole week and we are currently building up our credits for December when we go for a week.

There will be an adjustment for us as far as going to Harrah's Philadelphia since we have gotten used to going almost everyday for free but we just have to pick and choose when we go.
Yup. Plus, I'm 90% tables so it's hard to earn significant credits, but I still carried almost $90 in RCs til last trip.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
This is going to backlash against TR and the DL staff, who will see their tips greatly diminish.

A 15K Tier Score already means the player ran at least $50k through a VP machine. Surely this plus the cash the player leaves on the table is worth some salad and some pot fingers once a day, 365 days per year?
You do realize that CZR-Entertainment has been charging TR Diamond Members to access the Atlantic City Diamond Lounges (Diamond + RCs) for 5+ years (with the waiver for 25k Tier Points).

I believe this is just an expansion of the charging for access.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:38 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Any idea if this will continue for next year?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Are you looking for rumours or accurate data-points?

This year the final decision by FoundersCard was announced towards the end of January 2017. The year before was in early January.

My expectation is that there will be an announcement sometime prior to the end of January 2018.

Since FoundersCard can't announce until they have a formal agreement confirmed with Caesars; the only thing people can do at this point is "guess." While I understand this is FlyerTalk... and that's sort of "fun" for many... I personally would just wait for the "official" FoundersCard announcement.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Odd I never got the email on the lounge not sure why as I only have 2806 tier at this point
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Absolutely NO FC member will have 1000 RCs to get in. NO FC member puts $10k into a VP machine or has the equivalent play.

This is the last nail to FC's coffin.
Or 5k in slots but that's not that your loosing that much

if you are playing 5 credit vp 25 cents that's a 1.25 a hand so about 8,000 hands

I think the average number of hands an hour maybe 800? so that's achievable in 10 hrs of play

Now how much you lose or win money wise depends on luck
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I don't gamble very much, but I have TR Diamond via FC and spend a pretty large amount at CET properties yearly (booking a bunch of rooms for conferences, sometimes hosting work events at CET restaurants, staying at CET properties in the off-season, etc.).

Personally, I'm a big fan of the 1000 RC Diamond Lounge fee -- if it keeps the lines down, I might actually use the lounges once in a while. Every time I've gone to the DL at Caesars it's been a long line and not worth the wait.

I also tip pretty well inside the diamond lounge (I get one or two drinks, sometimes with a guest who does the same, and tip $2-5/drink), so I don't think I'm really abusing it.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I don't gamble very much, but I have TR Diamond via FC and spend a pretty large amount at CET properties yearly (booking a bunch of rooms for conferences, sometimes hosting work events at CET restaurants, staying at CET properties in the off-season, etc.).
I'm surprised CET doesn't offer tier credits (or other status perks) for people who book conferences like other hotel chains.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
No, it will not. CET managed to get out of bankruptcy and they will no longer award the Diamond status to people who do not meet the 15K TP requirement.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu

Personally, I'm a big fan of the 1000 RC Diamond Lounge fee -- if it keeps the lines down, I might actually use the lounges once in a while. Every time I've gone to the DL at Caesars it's been a long line and not worth the wait.

I also tip pretty well inside the diamond lounge (I get one or two drinks, sometimes with a guest who does the same, and tip $2-5/drink), so I don't think I'm really abusing it.
Poor DL workers, they will lose 2/3 of their tips
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
You do realize that CZR-Entertainment has been charging TR Diamond Members to access the Atlantic City Diamond Lounges (Diamond + RCs) for 5+ years (with the waiver for 25k Tier Points).

I believe this is just an expansion of the charging for access.
You do realize that LV lounges do not compare to AC ones?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I'm surprised CET doesn't offer tier credits (or other status perks) for people who book conferences like other hotel chains.
They do, and you can even get the Tier Bonus on spend (as long as it's all in the same day).

Hotel: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent on hotel accommodations.
Dining: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent at any of our participating restaurants.
Shopping: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent at participating retail outlets.

Tier Credit bonuses. The more Tier Credits earned in a single day of play (based on promotional earning period*, not calendar day), the more Tier Credits you will receive! There are four bonus levels you can reach:

Earn (in 1 day) Receive
500 Tier Credits 125 Tier Credits
1,000 Tier Credits 1,000 Tier Credits
2,500 Tier Credits 5,000 Tier Credits
5,000 Tier Credits 10,000 Tier Credits
Tier Credit bonuses are based on play within a Tier Credit bonus promotional period and only one bonus level per day can be earned. Tier Credit bonuses will post to accounts within 4 days.
*Promotional earning period may vary by property, please visit the Total Rewards Center for more information.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
They do, and you can even get the Tier Bonus on spend (as long as it's all in the same day).
No, their policy is that only play gets you a TP bonus, not spend
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

No, their policy is that only play gets you a TP bonus, not spend
You do realize my post (above) is directly from the TR website? (regarding earning tier for spend....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.