Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by aaflyer757
I am still confused..I know that statuses usually reset in Feb or March of each year ( I have been diamond legitimately in the past) If I sign up for this card today, would it be good until Sept 29 2017? A year from today?
If you join NOW, your Caesars status is valid until end of this expiry year, which is 31 January 2017. BUT, if Caesars renews with FoundersCard your membership will be extended (valid) until 31 January 2018.

The "catch" is that Caesars does not renew with FoundersCard until December 2016 or January 2017. Is it a guarantee, NO. Is it highly likely, yes.

So, in essence, your membership purchased NOW should be good until 31 January 2018. But, that is contingent on Caesars renewing the program with FoundersCard.

This isn't just limited to Caesars. Same deal with Hilton or any of the other membership features. They are all renewed on a yearly basis.

Unfortunately, nobody can guarantee the renewal of Caesars in the FoundersCard program. But, it's been consistent for the past few years...

Perhaps, you have to decide if you want to "roll the dice."
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
If you join NOW, your Caesars status is valid until end of this expiry year, which is 31 January 2017. BUT, if Caesars renews with FoundersCard your membership will be extended (valid) until 31 January 2018.

The "catch" is that Caesars does not renew with FoundersCard until December 2016 or January 2017. Is it a guarantee, NO. Is it highly likely, yes.

So, in essence, your membership purchased NOW should be good until 31 January 2018. But, that is contingent on Caesars renewing the program with FoundersCard.

This isn't just limited to Caesars. Same deal with Hilton or any of the other membership features. They are all renewed on a yearly basis.

Unfortunately, nobody can guarantee the renewal of Caesars in the FoundersCard program. But, it's been consistent for the past few years...

Perhaps, you have to decide if you want to "roll the dice."
Do you know what the 'cutoff' date might be? I joined in early May of this year. How do they determine when Diamond status gained by joining FoundersCard expires?

Thank you
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by lindaiah
Do you know what the 'cutoff' date might be? I joined in early May of this year. How do they determine when Diamond status gained by joining FoundersCard expires?

Thank you
Your expiry date should be listed online when you view your Caesars Total Rewards account.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
As far as Total Rewards' expiration dates, I assume that their policy is similar to Mlife's. (Ironically), Mlife's "year" expires every Sept. 30. Every card they issue expires on Sept. 30...of SOME year.

According to the terms and conditions of Mlife's program, verbatim: <<If you advance to a higher tier at any time, you’ll enjoy those benefits for at least one full year.>>

So, if you do upgrade, your new, higher-tier-card, will expire in the following year; unless...you upgrade during October, November or December, in which case it will expire on Sept. 30, TWO years ahead of the current year.

Naturally, Murphy's Law, I used my new Hyatt credit card to move up to Gold In Mlife last April at the MGM Grand. They gave me my new card...and the expiration said Sept. 30, 2016. I showed them their policy in writing, and said "it should expire in 2017," and they said something to the effect of "well, that's what the computer printed out, and we can't override it." After quite some time of yelling and screaming and using bad language, I realized they were not going to change it, so I just walked away, went to Aria's Mlife booth, gave them my card, and essentially said: "I just moved up a tier and I think my card should say '2017' on it"...and they simply gave me a new one...with an expiration date of of 9/30/17.

Again, I would imagine that Total Rewards has a similar "upgrade/expiration" policy. Does anyone know when Total Rewards "year" expires ?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileage junkie
Again, I would imagine that Total Rewards has a similar "upgrade/expiration" policy. Does anyone know when Total Rewards "year" expires ?
a) Total Rewards "year" ends 31 January (it used to be 31 March)
b) I don't find Total Rewards to parallel Mlife that much, in all the years I have been following. I would not make assumptions about Total Rewards based on Mlife. That is similar to making assumptions about Delta SkyMiles based on Miles&More.
c) The FoundersCard upgrade program has always been a contractural program that is not often exactly the same as "earning" Diamond status. My comments above about year and date have been based on the past few years experience, and the fact this question comes up every year.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:55 pm

Use my VIP Promo Code FCDON615 for an annual rate of $295 (vs. our standard rate of $595), valid through October 12, 2016.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:24 pm

Do you actually have to have a business to get approved for this?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
Originally Posted by tkf814
Do you actually have to have a business to get approved for this?
No. ALL you need - is enough $ to cover their annual fee.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by mileage junkie
No. ALL you need - is enough $ to cover their annual fee.
now that I have!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:22 am

Back up to 395.
Use my VIP Promo Code FCDON615 for an annual rate of $395 (vs. our standard rate of $595), valid through October 18, 2016.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:51 am

the "vs our normal rate" stuff is pure nonsense.nobody is paying those "normal" rates ever.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: Founders Card
Originally Posted by tkf814
the "vs our normal rate" stuff is pure nonsense.nobody is paying those "normal" rates ever.
You get points for referring people to FC. Those points can be converted to gift cards. I don't care for the pyramid scheme aspect of the card. That's why so many links to people trying to get you to sign up for the "discount". Regardless of what is said, $395 is the standard rate, the $295 is for two years in advance.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:13 pm

I think the extra perks should be seen as just that: extra perks. Diamond alone pays the fee for me. I don't feel the need to share my code unless someone requests it. If I get a few, cool. If not, no biggie. But yeah, that's the rate.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:48 am

Agreed that the $395 is normal rate but if you are signing up anyway why not let someone get a perk out of it? It doesn't cost a new member any extra or in any way affect their account. Why not copy and paste?

Last edited by donk7; Oct 19, 2016 at 8:58 am
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
I inquired about the 10% off BA flights on the BA flyertalk page. I got a reply that it was a scam and the post was closed. Is this card really a scam?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.