Cant cancel award ticket on Website

Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Cant cancel award ticket on Website

I have been trying to cancel an award ticket on F9 website for a couple of weeks.
I get the "We are otter-ly sorry....." We are currently experiencing technical issues.
Tried Chat, and the guy said I could exchange my miles and get $38.xx.
It was a 10k award with $11.20 taxes paid.
I am diamond elite and got works with the award ticket.
I had no problem cancelling a revenue ticket.

Any suggestions besides not flying F9 ?

cheers........
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:02 pm

Maybe try filling out the refund form and let them cancel it in the process of issuing the refund?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by jjbiv
Maybe try filling out the refund form and let them cancel it in the process of issuing the refund?
i thought the refund form is no longer available. It made things way too easy.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GumboCook
I have been trying to cancel an award ticket on F9 website for a couple of weeks.
I get the "We are otter-ly sorry....." We are currently experiencing technical issues.
Tried Chat, and the guy said I could exchange my miles and get $38.xx.
It was a 10k award with $11.20 taxes paid.
I am diamond elite and got works with the award ticket.
I had no problem cancelling a revenue ticket.

Any suggestions besides not flying F9 ?

cheers........
What did "exchange your miles" mean? I've never cancelled an award ticket, but I assume the official rules allow it. As a Diamond, I wouldn't think there was any fee, but I guess a reading of the rules would make sense. If you can do what we think you can do, maybe "ECTA" (End Chat, Try Again)?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:00 pm

i thought the refund form is no longer available. It made things way too easy.
It can't hurt to give it a try: https://frontiercswprod.powerappspor...equest-refund/
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iahphx
What did "exchange your miles" mean? I've never cancelled an award ticket, but I assume the official rules allow it. As a Diamond, I wouldn't think there was any fee, but I guess a reading of the rules would make sense. If you can do what we think you can do, maybe "ECTA" (End Chat, Try Again)?
I asked him to explain how this exchange works but he never explained it to me. He kept insisting to cancel without a fee or change dates by more than one day, I would need to do it online. He acknowledged i had flight flexibility but said changes of more than 1 day had to be done online
I kept explaining the website says you have to chat to change dates on award ticket. he recommended i clear my cookies and reboot my computer. I asked how is that gonna help ? After that exchange i cut my losses and did go "ECTA" route. And today I was able to get the date changed. Chat person said since the original flight was more than 7 days from today I could do a free date change. I don't remember a 7 day restriction on a tickey with the works, but F9 isn't one of my top 3 airlines I fly so maybe that restriction exists. So just took 3 Chats to get a date change. I am trying to burn my 210k f9 miles before f9 goes south but finding it difficult for various reasons.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjbiv
Thanks jibiv. Will keep that in mind. I cancelled another flight today using Chat. 7 business days for CC refund after someone reviews and approves request.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Correct, I think award cancellations require a chat.

As a Diamond, I've had them do it without issue, and I've had them insist there is a redeposit fee. I generally think that some agents (I'm actually in the process of canceling one right now.)

Thanks jibiv. Will keep that in mind. I cancelled another flight today using Chat. 7 business days for CC refund after someone reviews and approves request.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone figures out the actual rules for cancelling Frontier award travel, please post them. I'm thinking of using my points for the Caibbean next year, but haven't given it much thought yet. Domestically, the longest nonstops I can do from the East are to Vegas, and they've been selling me seats for $39, so award travel seems silly. I try to avoid booking Frontier connecting travel, as that didn't go well for me.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
If anyone figures out the actual rules for cancelling Frontier award travel, please post them. I'm thinking of using my points for the Caibbean next year, but haven't given it much thought yet. Domestically, the longest nonstops I can do from the East are to Vegas, and they've been selling me seats for $39, so award travel seems silly. I try to avoid booking Frontier connecting travel, as that didn't go well for me.
I just cancelled an award that was 26 hours from departure. Agent said something like, since this is day before, I can refund points and taxes. I have canceled multiple award flights (for eclipse destinations with clouds) and all has gone well. I haven't tried canceling inside 24 hours to departure though.
iahphx likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 5:51 am

I've connected on F9 to PUJ last month in STL. It generally went ok. Coming back to STL was wacky because Intl arrivals come to a different terminal than F9 flies from, and they make you schelp your bags onto the shuttle and then take them to the f9 counter. Kind of a pain, and zero agents explaining the process -- it was actually a Southwest agent at bag reclaim that was pointing the F9 pax whee to go.

I'm actually in the midst of my 3rd ever f9 connection right now on the was to Portland. It went fine. In and out of the same gate in MCO.
iahphx likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.