Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Courmisch
How to get a SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test certificate for travel from Finland?

This wiki post details the means to obtain a PCR-test test certificate in Finland for travel. It is possible to completely avoid the cartel prices of over 200€ (Terveystalo, 9Lives, etc.) by getting a certified from the public sector.

Where to get the test?

Print-at-home test result certificates are available for public sector tests taken in the following regions:
  • Uusimaa,
  • Kymi valley,
  • Northern Ostrobothnia,
  • South Karelia.
The PDF certificate for the last test taken can be downloaded from KoronaTietoni ( https://www.koronatietoni.fi/ ) within an hour after the test results are notified by SMS. You will need Finnish bank or mobile authentication codes to proceed.

It is expected that, in the second phase of deployment of the EU green pass in Finland, test results will be available from Kanta.fi regardless of locality. At the moment, Kanta.fi can only provide Finnish national vaccination certificates. In the first phase of deployment, (only) the vaccination certificates will be converted to EU format.

How to apply for the test?

There are several ways to apply for and take a suitable test:
  • If you have Covid-19 symptoms (based on self-diagnostic), you can get a test via Omaolo: https://www.omaolo.fi/
  • If you are returning to (or entering) Finland less than 14 days before the intended test date, you can apply from FinEntry: https://www.finentry.fi/
  • Visit the appointment-free test bus in poorer Helsinki districts. The schedule is available here:
    https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/coronavirus-en/social-and-health/coronavirus-test/
Print Wikipost

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Kelju
For example Austria gives you entry without test or quarentine, 22 days after 1st shot. Waiting for others to join in but somewhat doubtful about it
With the Indian variant spreading and one shot giving only 33% immunity against it, I'd expect also Austria to start requiring two shots.
esledo and mpkz like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Update: The bad news is that the EC has recommended that -only- fully vaccinated (or healed) people and small kids be exempted from quarantine periods and tests. In Finland, the interval between shots has been stretched quite long in an attempt to give a first to as many as early as possible. Except for retirees, hardly anyone will be fully vaccinated within the next couple of months.
½ million has already been fully vaccinated. I'm nowhere near retirement, but I'll get my second shot within a month, so I think you're exaggerating a bit.

OTOH Germany also opened up - but funnily not for air arrivals. What's the easiest/shortest/fastest/nearest airport close to the German border? SZG would be ideal, but difficult from HEL. CPH? AMS?
Old May 31, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
½ million has already been fully vaccinated. I'm nowhere near retirement, but I'll get my second shot within a month, so I think you're exaggerating a bit.
OK, so maybe it's not the 65+ but the 55+ or thereabout. Thing is, if you're 40, you'll be fully vaccinated around back-to-school day. And not only you need to be fully vaccinated, but you probably need to wait 10-14 days for the booster to be deemed effective.

I don't know if I should consider myself lucky that I'm not bound by the school calendar. That is to say, I don't know if I'll be able to go on vacation in September or borders will be closed back again as the lower temperatures and returns to school/university cause infection to spike.
Old May 31, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
I am curious to see if countries will start to complicate the scheme by requiring certain vaccination regiments to be administered. For instance, the current Finnish 12-week dose gap is technically not in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and the tested dosage. Of course, the tested dosage interval does not exclude other intervals from effectively working, but some countries might want to rely on strict criteria here.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by DrSickle
I am curious to see if countries will start to complicate the scheme by requiring certain vaccination regiments to be administered. For instance, the current Finnish 12-week dose gap is technically not in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and the tested dosage. Of course, the tested dosage interval does not exclude other intervals from effectively working, but some countries might want to rely on strict criteria here.
I guess it depends which countries have extended the mRNA vaccination intervals (besides Finland), if any, and thus if there is a point, medical or political in making difficulties.

I could especially see this (ab)used in retaliation, e.g. if Finland refuses to recognize Hungarian vaccinations.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
OTOH Germany also opened up - but funnily not for air arrivals. What's the easiest/shortest/fastest/nearest airport close to the German border? SZG would be ideal, but difficult from HEL. CPH? AMS?
The question is where do you want to go in Germany. I plan to fly to AMS as no test should be required when coming from Finland ( https://www.government.nl/topics/cor...safe-countries ).
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jainzar
The question is where do you want to go in Germany. I plan to fly to AMS as no test should be required when coming from Finland ( https://www.government.nl/topics/cor...safe-countries ).
Yes but then you run into the problem of quarantine and/or testing being mandatory for those entering Germany from the Netherlands.. I guess you can make the "fewer than 24 hours in the Netherlands" argument which should in theory exempt you from the requirement to quarantine in Germany but no idea how they interpret this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by mpkz
Yes but then you run into the problem of quarantine and/or testing being mandatory for those entering Germany from the Netherlands.. I guess you can make the "fewer than 24 hours in the Netherlands" argument which should in theory exempt you from the requirement to quarantine in Germany but no idea how they interpret this.
I read somewhere that they don't have any border controls at land borders.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Germany has opened up to EU travellers, with the only exception of arrival by air, when you still need to go through some hoops.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffay005
I don't know the border situation in practice but legally there is the obligation to get tested and quarantine if coming from a "risk" country which includes the Netherlands. Of course if someone is coming from Finland with under 24h in Netherlands then it probably does not apply. A colleague told me that he got stopped in Germany (not the border I think) when driving with Dutch license plates but this was when the Netherlands was still classified as a "very high risk" country.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:47 am

I don't know the border situation in practice but legally there is the obligation to get tested and quarantine if coming from a "risk" country which includes the Netherlands.
This is sort of #vainsuomijutut. No Italian, Spaniard or Frenchman would ever even consider following something like this if there is no enforcement.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
The Netherlands moved last week from high risk country to risk country in Germany‘s definition. This makes it possible to pass through.

Be aware that actually the Netherlands tightened the requirements when entering the country at June 1st. Now you even need a negative test when entering by car or motor cycle from a non safe country. And Germany and Belgium are currently not safe.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
A321 or A350 to Tallinn next week maybe?

Finland opens borders to plane arrivals from Estonia | Coronavirus | ERR
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by florens
Partly misleading information, it's not only Estonia but all Schengen countries.

Rule from 07JUN21 is:

Travel for work allowed from now on in air traffic between Schengen countries

Internal border traffic refers to traffic between Finland and other Schengen countries. From now on, travel for work will be allowed in air traffic between EU countries or Schengen countries
But ATR/E90 traffic still mainline.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 2:09 pm

Okay, so an Estonian construction worker will not spread covid in Finland if he arrives by plane, but is a huge risk if he arrives by ferry. These regulations make less and less sense every day.

I do see the logic – if your business is important, buy an expensive plane ticket. If you're a low-income nobody, stay put in Estonia. But it doesn't sound very red-green to me.
TPJ, florens, cistavoda and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.