Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia wetlease MAD-HEL-MAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I flew MAD HEL mid January in C, I asked my meal to be served even later than the usual late service, no problem. Drinks at any time, finishing with some interesting Oloroso and Jerez before landing, excellent service and great meal. I took this flight before corona in 2019 when it was already operated by IB in Y, it was very miserable, there is a huge difference between Y (low cost cramped not reclining seats) and the pretty decent C seats.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ranskis
I flew MAD HEL mid January in C, I asked my meal to be served even later than the usual late service, no problem. Drinks at any time, finishing with some interesting Oloroso and Jerez before landing, excellent service and great meal. I took this flight before corona in 2019 when it was already operated by IB in Y, it was very miserable, there is a huge difference between Y (low cost cramped not reclining seats) and the pretty decent C seats.
I'm surprised at your comment re the "pretty decent C seats" - I assume you were travelling on a 320 and I understood the seats in C to be identical to those in economy!
Am I missing something?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
IB has regular Y seats in the front of the plane and LCC non-reclining Y seats with a small tray table and minimal pitch further back.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Hi all,

Has anyone recent experience flying these "AY operated by Iberia" -flights to BCN/MAD in Economy recently? Is it really so that there is no Buy on board menu available?

I am travelling with bigger bunch of friends for weekend trip to BCN without possibility to upgrade everyone to the biz is not possible for us. Thus, thinking how to get the most out of the flights..

Thanks a lot!
Old May 28, 2022, 1:23 pm
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Can confirm the above: normal seats in the first 6ish rows on this config of the A321 and LCC seats behind that. Only service on board was apple and orange juice + water + muffin. Coffee and tea as well, although the tea tasted like coffee which makes me skeptical about the cleanliness of the canisters...
Old May 28, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
This is truly a grass is greener on the other side situation. I flew MAD-HEL and I was mightily disappointed that my AY flight was operated by IB. I prefer AY.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by keitherson
This is truly a grass is greener on the other side situation. I flew MAD-HEL and I was mightily disappointed that my AY flight was operated by IB. I prefer AY.
Yellow erasers on AY vs an actually edible meal (quite nicely presented I must add) which was reported in our shorthaul catering thread is better according to you?
r2d2 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Yellow erasers on AY vs an actually edible meal (quite nicely presented I must add) which was reported in our shorthaul catering thread is better according to you?
In front of the curtain IB beats AY hands down. It's a different story if you sit in the back and end up on one of those LCC seats. When I've flown on those IB operated routes J has always been so small that there have been some rows of Y with the better seats and I've been able to snatch one of those in advance seat selection.
FFlash and aapee like this.

Last edited by r2d2; May 29, 2022 at 2:37 am
Old May 29, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by keitherson
I flew MAD-HEL and I was mightily disappointed that my AY flight was operated by IB.
Then don't book HEL-MAD/BCN as IB operated wetleases. The information is in the GDS data and shows up with e.g. OTAs and Google Flights.

Originally Posted by r2d2
It's a different story if you sit in the back and end up on one of those LCC seats.
I disagree about that one. They work fine in the exit rows. I've done a few longer flights so and managed just fine. But it did of course have me value my flights in C. Then again, that also applies to when I fly in Y on e.g. AY or BA.
r2d2 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: AY LUMO
As of 31 May 22, you may also buy some refreshments and snacks from Iberia’s Onboard menu on flights to/from Madrid.
In Economy Class, you can enjoy complimentary water and juice.
https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/flight...lights-2352460
Old May 30, 2022, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by r2d2
In front of the curtain IB beats AY hands down. It's a different story if you sit in the back and end up on one of those LCC seats. When I've flown on those IB operated routes J has always been so small that there have been some rows of Y with the better seats and I've been able to snatch one of those in advance seat selection.
Couldn't agree more, flew HEL-BCN (&BCN-HEL) in early May. You get a _choice_ of meal, the FA even came to show both portions when asking which one we'd like. Then went back to galley to fetch the food & drinks, nothing was served from a trolley. Didn't encounter passive/lazy/rude staff that people have reported on IB on either flight. 2 is not a large sample size thou, so might have just been lucky.
r2d2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.