Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia wetlease MAD-HEL-MAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Flew MAN-MAD last week on an Iberia A320. This time a cheap upgrade was not available, and the Y seat pitch was horrible. Cabin service was good tho, as it's usually been for me - only have one bad experience on their service so far, most of my flights have been in SH J.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by aapee
This time a cheap upgrade was not available, and the Y seat pitch was horrible.
Implying pitch is better in the first few rows? Do you have any idea how many rows that would apply to on the 321?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ffay005
Implying pitch is better in the first few rows? Do you have any idea how many rows that would apply to on the 321?
I think the first 9 rows have more legroom.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Implying pitch is better in the first few rows?
At least on the a320 seems to be.

Do you have any idea how many rows that would apply to on the 321?
No idea really
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Oh I’m reminded of something abhorrent! I flew one segment on possibly air nostrum or another IB regional in sh J. The seat didn’t recline at all and I was told none of the seats recline on the whole aircraft!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:06 am

I did an IB reservation recently. On one of the legs there was an A319 think the 9-10 first rows were sold as XL-seats. XL-seats are free for OWS and above.
OTOH on A320? there were no such thing. Biz and exit rows. Y class = exit rows only desirable option.
I

Last edited by seldomrfly; Mar 12, 2019 at 8:09 am
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
the A321 is the golden nugget within IB SH fleet. If they use a plane that has not been reconfigured yet, legroom is very generous.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:54 am

I just flew a VN A321 today, and boy did those oldschool well-padded seats feel comfortable. While I haven't been too bothered by the slimiline seats European & NA carriers offer today, this sure refreshed my memory (which, I guess, does more bad than good to me).

So let's hope IB assigns a non-reconfigured plane on the HEL-MAD route ^ It's of course not going to be the same plane every day, but as they operate for AY, I'd guess they'll have to agree on a configuration beforehand, as opposed to changing it every day based on demand.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I just bought a BA/IB itinerary, where the last leg is MAD - HEL. The flight is on the IB flight number and my IB eticket says "Operated by AY". Finnair says it is operated by "IBERIA FOR FINNAIR" so obviously IB is trying to pass the buck
Unionruler likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:20 pm

That's a funny case. An IB codeshare operated by IB
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:41 pm

Also possible on TF, for example HEL-UME on Thursday (25th of April). It's a Finnair flight (AY887), but it is operated by TF under a wet lease agreement and sold as codeshare flight TF6130.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Right. There were also AB codeshares operated by AB back when AY wet-leased D-ABCN and another.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: AY+
I took last week a HEL-MAD and the service was interesting: plane is Iberia, cabin crew is from Finnair (the same Madrid based crew that has operated the route in the last years), coffee/tea in economy is served as usual in Finnair flights and with Marimekko's cups and napkins. Toiletries is Iberia branded. There is onboard sales and the inflight magazine is Blue Wings. That means they have to remove Iberia's Ronda magazine and change it for Blue Wings quickly every morning and do then the opposite in the evening, as this plane had been in an early morning Bilbao service and continued to Venice in the evening. Safety instructions are of course in Iberia's own brochure. I have seen a preordered meal served to a passenger but for me the preorder wasn't possible online. Also there seems to be no class upgrade availability for this flight for the rest of the year.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Quick update.

This deal has been enhanced to include one Barcelona flight as well - until March 30, 2023.

Following flights will be operated by "Iberia for Finnair" until March 30, 2023
  • Barcelona: AY1654/3
  • Madrid: AY1662/1

Iberia operates certain Barcelona and Madrid flights

We have leased Airbus A321 aircraft from our oneworld partner Iberia to cover a temporary shortage of aircraft as our operations continue to grow. The aircraft will be used for flights AY1654/3 (Barcelona) and AY1662/1 (Madrid) until March 30, 2023.

With the leased aircraft, the flight deck crew comes from Iberia, while the cabin crew is Finnair’s.

Finnair’s service concept is followed on the flights.

When buying tickets through finnair.com, the operating airline is shown on the ‘Select Flights’ page. If you already have a booking, we’ll inform you about the changed aircraft via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking on our website or Finnair App and check that we have your current contact information.

If you wish to change or cancel your flight due to the change in the operating carrier, we ask you kindly to contact Finnair Customer Service. We are also at your service via chat on finnair.com, on Twitter @FinnairHelps and in our Facebook pages.

You can check your passenger rights on our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
On these IB A321s, does anyone know if the legroom in row 1 is more/ less than row 2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.