Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 6:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Lol. What the heck.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Better to stock up on that red during the meal service, then!
  • In Business Class, we serve a 3-course meal. Beverages are served only with the meal.
  • In Economy Class, you can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cookie.
Well that is the same level Finnair has had for a long time now according to https://www.finnair.com/en/safe-trav...d-meal-service

Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Dublin, Manchester, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Rome, Prague, Brussels, Budapest, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Paris, Geneva and Zurich

• In Business Class, we serve a hot meal on a tray with one main course option. Special meals are available but with limited options, please, as usual, let us know about your need in advance. Beverages are served only with the meal.
  • In Economy Class, you can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cookie. You can also pre-order one of the four delicious sandwiches that we offer.
but people wrote here earlier that Business class service has actually been full service all the time.

Would be nice to hear from someone who goes on these flights how it really was. Finnair is supposed to return inflight services on 1.9. Why would that not apply to these flights? Really strange.
districtRich and esledo like this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by srieppo
but people wrote here earlier that Business class service has actually been full service all the time.
Can confirm this was the case week ago. However it's very possible that the Spanish crew is obeying the memo strictly.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by avermat
Can confirm this was the case week ago. However it's very possible that the Spanish crew is obeying the memo strictly.
Exactly. Mańana mańana.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The part about a single choice is true. The part about drinks is up to interpretation by the crew. Afterall, you can stretch the meal...
UpperDeck87K and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by avermat
Exactly. Would be nice to hear if someone here takes these flights, that how it turns out. Got an upgraded flight to BCN. If service is just a meal and a small wine, I might ask to cancel the upgrades. Because all of the extensions my vouchers have plenty of validity left.

Does "you can bring your own food mean" you should bring your own drinks too?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by TPJ
There was a significant improvement to IB short-haul catering, which is now supplied by Do & Co. One could actually hope it will be IB and not AY catering

Details: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32848369-post84.html
Pictures: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33309603-post132.html
They'll get the catering AY is willing to pay for. I doubt it'll be anything even close to IB's new short-haul catering...
Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
They'll get the catering AY is willing to pay for. I doubt it'll be anything even close to IB's new short-haul catering...
Well IB service during Covid seems just as restricted as AY https://www.iberia.com/us/en/covid-1...-step/#a-bordo

While Finnair now lifts restrictions they lease the plane and crew from Iberia which probably doesn't do these changes.

I need to check if I find any covid experiences thread on IB forum.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Well IB service during Covid seems just as restricted as AY https://www.iberia.com/us/en/covid-1...-step/#a-bordo

While Finnair now lifts restrictions they lease the plane and crew from Iberia which probably doesn't do these changes.

I need to check if I find any covid experiences thread on IB forum.
There's a whole thread: IB's catering & service during COVID-19 - Page 12 - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:21 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
I don't recall AY serving food like this on short-haul flights. Perhaps someone who has flown with them recently can confirm.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33309603-post132.html

Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The Jaume Serra Cava Semi Seco is what's making me anxious...
Kirtap, SAKKE, remymartin and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by lkrt
The Jaume Serra Cava Semi Seco is what's making me anxious...
But then if red is from ribera del duero then it can be very good in cheapo class!
Old Aug 15, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I just wish AY would update their schedules to reflect what they will really fly. I'm looking at flights to SJO for Christmas, and it's basically impossible to book anything because AY claims HEL-MAD will be operated daily, which I am 100 % sure it won't be. So it would be a gamble to book anything right now.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Well, those pics in that thread look pretty nice... I've never flown IB short-haul.
The main issue with IB is that the service by the cabin crew can really differ a lot. Some of them are somewhat sour/grumpy. Also efficiency is at times questionable. They seem to have a hard time getting LHR-MAD (or v.v.) served in C in a timely manner on the widebody flights.

I haven't had any IB shorthaul catering since Feb 2020, so I can't comment on the current quality. Drinks are IMO fine/good with IB, but hot food has been fluctuating in quality.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
The main issue with IB is that the service by the cabin crew can really differ a lot.
To be fair, this sounds like AY as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.