Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia wetlease MAD-HEL-MAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:47 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
So, flew HEL-BCN yesterday. Return ticket was €137, and upgrade voucher cleared immediately. There were eight people in the six-row business class. Very good and attentive service. Meal was served on a single tray approx. 90 minutes after departure. Quite decent and juicy beef (the other option was fish). I couldn’t decide which red to have, so the purser suggested I try both. There were no problems in getting beverages before the meal (beer) and after it (brandy and one more red wine).

More information (and pics, if someone is interested) after the return flight.

Oh, front lav was in use.
r2d2, ffay005, Kirtap and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder if AY could outsource the rest of their European network to IB, as well.
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
On return flight today drinks were proactively offered throughout the flight. Meal was approx. 120 minutes after departure. This time around I had hake, which was not as good as the beef. Oh, no cava!

Beef was fine.

My favorite red on this flight.

Hake was ok, nothing special.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
2h to warm up a meal? Wow.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by florens
Well, it was then noon in Spain, so for lunch timing was perfect.
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
The timing sounds good for a 4 h flight: you can eat in the lounge before boarding the flight and then have the meal onboard a bit later.
ffay005 and Ukki like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
Did they offer any beverages before that? I was on a MAD - BER two weeks ago and the first hour after take-off passed without any service, then they hectically brought the meals out and refused serving alcoholic beverages after all the trays had been cleared again (it was no problem getting refills in between). It'd be great to see more crews flouting those ridiculous IB drink policies (which on paper are the same as AY, right?)
SPBanker and esledo like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by florens
The flight leaves rather early from MAD. It is not unintentional that they serve lunch a bit later.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tegelaner
Did they offer any beverages before that? I was on a MAD - BER two weeks ago and the first hour after take-off passed without any service, then they hectically brought the meals out and refused serving alcoholic beverages after all the trays had been cleared again (it was no problem getting refills in between). It'd be great to see more crews flouting those ridiculous IB drink policies (which on paper are the same as AY, right?)
On HEL-BCN I asked for a beer before the meal service, no problem. On BCN-HEL the crew proactively offered drinks before the meal service. I had first coffee, but switched to white wine when lunch was approaching.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 12:41 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
What's the liquor selection like on these IB-for-AY flights?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 12:53 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by on22cz
What's the liquor selection like on these IB-for-AY flights?
And wine selection? No cava?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Extra Mile
And wine selection? No cava?
No cava... Two reds (Crianza and Rioja), two whites (Mayor de Castilla and Faustino VII). I had a brandy, forgot the brand.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
When searching for winter flights in business class today I had an interesting option come up, which was BCN-HEL on AY1654 "plane and crew by Iberia", but in economy. This connecting to AY1 HEL-LAX in business. On the return both legs are in business. Is this economy seat a function of limited availability, or something else going on? This also has a 40 minute connection time in HEL on the way back which seems crazy.

Edited to add: never mind. It seems crazy because it is. Kiwi.com is spamming the Google Flights search results with nonexistent flights at lower prices that can't be booked.

Last edited by alanw; Aug 25, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by alanw
This also has a 40 minute connection time in HEL on the way back which seems crazy.
40 minute connection on a same ticket is possible.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:56 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Will be flying first time in ~18 months in two weeks, HEL-MAD-MEX-CUU and hopefully also back...really waiting for that after so long time "grounded". The outbound travel will be in J, and for that HEL-MAD leg we have some experiences above about the service. But, did not find any posts about the service "Iberia for Finnair" in Y MAD-HEL...as during my return will need to experience also that (IB coded ticket, no possibility for upgrade) What to expect? Are they offering anything there? Plat drink?

- H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.