Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia wetlease MAD-HEL-MAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
They should have AY service, so water, juice free and a powder coffee sachet for 2.5 euros. Plat drink is available but the seletion is dire.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
The MAD and BCN flights now have the IB service concept, unlike pre-Covid. I have no experience about them in Y though.

In J, I have a similar experience as posted here earlier. Attentive service with proactively offering more wine and a proper meal (on today's flight from BCN the options for the main were beef and fish). The lunch service started 1.5 hours after takeoff, but I had just had breakfast in the lounge, so I liked that there was a short gap in between. It's a pity though that they don't have champagne or even cheap cava available.
SPBanker, Hessu and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Were the wines any good? How about g&t?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:44 am

I tried only Arnaiz Ribera del Duero Crianza. It went down really well with the beef.

The only alcoholic beverages available (even in J) were red and white wine (2 options of both) and beer.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by r2d2
The only alcoholic beverages available (even in J) were red and white wine (2 options of both) and beer.
This doesn't sound like IB.
r2d2, remymartin and on22cz like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:40 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by kanamurva
Were the wines any good? How about g&t?
Gin - Bombay
Vodka - Absolut
Whisky - Dewar’s White

Nothing to write home about. But seats have chargers and headrests which come pretty useful for work or rest, respectively.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Going to fly HEL-BCN on this, can report on the experience afterwards. But how about check-in/baggage drop? Supposed to use AY desks right? Now looking at iberia.com they don't have their own flights, but a codeshare IB391 on the same flight, which strangely states "Operated by Finnair Oyj" and costs 207€, while finnair.fi is 90€ in Eco light, although IB Optimal rate includes a bag and seat selection. My reservation on the other hand shows "Operated by Iberia for Finnair"
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
How does free WiFi work on these flights?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
How does free WiFi work on these flights?
They have the IB WiFi: everyone has to pay regardless of status or class of travel. But OTOH each seat has an USB socket for charging!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 4:31 pm

I'm mainly amazed by how interested you chaps are about these MAD and BCN flights, based on how many pages there is. It's like the new norm for segment hunting on the cheap or Spain is back in vogue, like it'd be operated with Härmän Mimmi and Härmän Jätkä by Spear Air?

FWIW, I've done one HEL-MAD myself, prior to the pandemic, and the cabin crew was then Spanish AY. I didn't really find it all too different from how bland AY anyway is on shorthaul. I do see there's been further minor changes. However nothing I'd be concerned about. Actually I wouldn't mind, if they'd swap that IB does the Spain routes and AY only codeshares there. I really would prefer seeing some IAG colours back at HEL - anything beyond VY.

The more amusing part is that I suspect I may have back then triggered revenue management action. IB removed the C cabin booking classes from their codeshare, once some certain chap had been an informed sod and booked into I(ndia) class as IBXXX HEL-MAD, earning muchos Avios and TPs. Something good about IB and their damn Resiber. And no, I did pay accordingly, but I suspect the AY and IB deal isn't supposed to cover C. Now the IB codeshares are Y only, with all the relevant fare buckets used.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Sep 14, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Any updates about service in biz? Shampagne? One or more?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
IB serves cava in J.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by florens
IB serves cava in J.
Which is pretty bleeding obvious. It would be like asking for Norrlands Guld or Baltika on AY in C, were they to serve something sparkling from e.g. Reims or Épernay.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
OP asked about champagne. As a Frenchman I take the difference between champagne and nonchampagne seriously.

Last edited by florens; Feb 6, 2022 at 9:33 am
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Cava is good too when youre going to Spain. More important is need to know how many one could get, or is it just one with the food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.