Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia wetlease MAD-HEL-MAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: AY LUMO

IBERIA TO OPERATE FINNAIR BARCELONA AND MADRID FLIGHTS AS OF 16 AUGUST 2021

To support Finnair’s re-build in the difficult market situation, Finnair has found a cost-efficient way to operate BCN (start 16AUG) and MAD (start 02SEP) flights.

While Finnair air traffic is still low, we are looking for cost-effective ways to carry out operations. As of 16 August, we will restart our Barcelona operations by leasing an aircraft and crew from our Oneworld partner Iberia. The leased aircraft will also operate our Madrid flights as of 02 September.
In the flights operated by our Oneworld partner Iberia, the entire crew, including flight crew and cabin, is from Iberia and they serve customers in English. Details about the service concept will be updated soon. Iberia has the same safety instructions and guidelines supporting the health
of our customers and employees onboard. We have collaborated with Iberia previously.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, I noticed this when I booked MAD for Sept on Thursday (173 EUR!). An IB A321. IB has terrible legroom on those. Row 11 is exit row.
FFlash likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
What was the service like on IB operated AY flights pre-covid? Did AY supply Napue, or do the Spanish folks pull out some local offerings? I wonder if J on the wet IB would be anywhere near to AY experience, or is some enhancement a part of the cost-efficient way to operate?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:35 pm

I just upgraded my HEL-MAD segment, so I'll report back if I remember. I believe they'll have AY catering. Let's see what their lav policy is
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by on22cz
What was the service like on IB operated AY flights pre-covid? Did AY supply Napue, or do the Spanish folks pull out some local offerings? I wonder if J on the wet IB would be anywhere near to AY experience, or is some enhancement a part of the cost-efficient way to operate?
Originally Posted by ffay005
I just upgraded my HEL-MAD segment, so I'll report back if I remember. I believe they'll have AY catering. Let's see what their lav policy is
pls report!👍
most likely it will be a mess but just swift your Lulo card and say nice words and it will work 😉

One of my best memories onboard spanish crew, asking what I can have from the trolley: ”todo lo que quiera señor” so at least they had read the manifest😁
remymartin likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:56 pm

I don't think I'll get Lumo before September But yeah, my Spanish is terrible but I use it as much as I can, and have had good service on IB as well as these IB-AY flights.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by on22cz
What was the service like on IB operated AY flights pre-covid?
They were full-blown AY flights, just on IB metal and IB crew in the cockpit. Even the inflight magazines were switched to Blue Wings.

Now it will probably be a different story as they will have IB cabin crew and the service concept is TBA.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
When are you going? I just booked Aug 20 to BCN, return Aug 23.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:30 am

In late September. Didn't have time sooner as BER and LPA are in the queue already
SPBanker likes this.

Last edited by ffay005; Aug 9, 2021 at 3:43 am
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
There was a significant improvement to IB short-haul catering, which is now supplied by Do & Co. One could actually hope it will be IB and not AY catering

Details: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32848369-post84.html
Pictures: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33309603-post132.html
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by TPJ
There was a significant improvement to IB short-haul catering, which is now supplied by Do & Co. One could actually hope it will be IB and not AY catering

Details: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32848369-post84.html
Pictures: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33309603-post132.html
Well, those pics in that thread look pretty nice... I've never flown IB short-haul.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:35 am

Fare difference AY vs IB

Hi,
Does anyone know why Iberia is charging almost double the price for these same flights if booking directly with them, and not selling J seats when Finnair is? (Have some IB vouchers I was hoping to use but not under these circumstances). Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:07 pm

That's how codeshares usually work. Try booking BEG or DOH with AY codes, and it's the same thing. The North American cartel pricing is an anomaly.

There are some exceptions, probably largely in cases where the ticketing carrier has a bulk quota of seats, like AY/AF HEL-CDG or AY/CA HEL-PEK (at least in the past).
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The AF seat block seems to be ending this autumn. I believe that the seat blocks with SU and CA are politically rather than commercially motivated.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:42 am

Better to stock up on that red during the meal service, then!

"IBERIA TO OPERATE OUR BARCELONA AND MADRID FLIGHTS AS OF 16 AUGUST 2021

While Finnair air traffic is still low, we are looking for cost-effective ways to carry out operations. As of 16 August 2021, we will restart our Barcelona operations by leasing an Airbus A321 aircraft and crew from our oneworld partner Iberia. The leased aircraft will also operate our Madrid flights as of 2 September 2021.  

11.08.2021In the flights operated by our oneworld partner Iberia, the entire crew, including flight crew and cabin, is from Iberia and they serve customers in English and Spanish. Finnair has collaborated with Iberia previously on these routes. The Iberia adjusted service concept is followed on the flights:
  • In Business Class, we serve a 3-course meal. Beverages are served only with the meal.
  • In Economy Class, you can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cookie.
Please note that pre-order meals are not available for these flights and there is no onboard food and beverage sales. Therefore, if you wish, you may bring your own food for the flight.

Iberia follows the same safety instructions and guidelines supporting the health of our customers and employees onboard.

When buying tickets through Finnair.com, the operating airline is shown on the “Select Flights page”. If you already have a booking on any of the flights affected, we’ll inform you about the changed aircraft via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking or Finnair App and check that we have your current contact information.

If you wish to change or cancel your flight due to the change in the operating carrier, we ask you to kindly contact Finnair Customer Service. We are also at your service on chat on finnair.com.

You can check your passenger rights here. 

 We apologize for any inconvenience! "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.