Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:00 am

AY62: Award space July 2020 onwards?

Hi, anyone knows if Finnair plans on opening award space on AY62 HND-HEL for July 2020? We had award tickets (J) booked for June 30th but they have been cancelled as Finnair has discontinued flights til the end of the month. Tried contacting Finnair to see if we could be rebooked for first week of July but no award seats available at the moment so far + award tickets are on Alaska stock, so Finnair won't touch the tickets. Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: AY LUMO
We dont know if Finnair flying any long hauls this year so I would just forget that HND.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: Finnair Plus
Has anyone booked a round the world trip by distance-based redemption table? Did it work-out?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:10 am

Hi, just reposting something I asked a few weeks ago: now that Finnair has posted its new schedule going forward, does anyone know if they are planning on releasing any award space (J) on its long-haul destinations? Looking in particular at SIN-HEL; NRT-HEL and HKG-HEL, for July 2020. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Any recent experiences on awards. I (well, honestly my wife who is not a lowly gold) have 6 domestic award flights lined up in october. 3 (inbound) already cleared but outbound leg on waitlist. Were there any typical checkpoints for awards, similar to upgrades, or should we just call up to CS on a weekly basis and ask for someone( I doubt they have a department working anymore, maybe one person ) to recheck situation. With all flights being ATR's there isn't that much space left for redemptions so not really wishing for miracles. But at some point need to make decisions about cancelling/trying to reschedule.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I booked as Lumo trip to KTT for 2 kids. Agent said there is no availability but the plane is empty so it will go through waitlist surely. Nope. Still on waitlist. I have booked myself revenue tix. So I wait. Maybe finnair waits if some coronaman fills the plane.??????
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash
I booked as Lumo trip to KTT for 2 kids. Agent said there is no availability but the plane is empty so it will go through waitlist surely. Nope. Still on waitlist. I have booked myself revenue tix. So I wait. Maybe finnair waits if some coronaman fills the plane.??????
So I got thesentix after nagging a couple of times.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:43 am
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair +
So I got thesentix after nagging a couple of times.
Hi, can you tell me which flight was problematic? With low LF it shouldn't be the case.
Greetings
Ela
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FinnairPlus_Ela
Hi, can you tell me which flight was problematic? With low LF it shouldn't be the case.
Greetings
Ela
HEL-KTT roundtrip. Low LF yes, but still most of awards go to queue request and then dont clear until a robot allows, it seems. Even calling in as Lumo, it usually dont help but just sometimes after nagging a couple of times then some manager seems to accept an exception. That is how I perceive it. Useful if you can shed a light how it goes in real.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
I don't envy AY trying to make for a living when government tries its best to stop it. But still bit annoyed that clearing waitlist seems somewhat difficult. Thanks to a Lumo tip, we now have two flights pending at the same time but neither has cleared and desired departure is in less than a week. Maybe they really wait for the T-37h when they think they really would be able to sell the whole ATR but in current loads are certain that A319 can not be flown cost-effectively. Remains to be seen how regional commuter actually handles full loads of pax with baggage. I have regularly flown in full ATR' in/out of BMA but at least 80% of pax never had any luggage excl. Laptop.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

I start to get nervous about my stash of points what to do with them. Booking domestic, no. European restricted by corona. No longhauls to catch.
short stick. What gives?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Restaurant vouchers... as long as they are allowed to operate

CD record package?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I start to get nervous about my stash of points what to do with them.
Nervous in terms of..? General covid jittery? Fear of devaluation? Or program collapse?
FFlash likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Nervous in terms of..? General covid jittery? Fear of devaluation? Or program collapse?
Fear of totalling the program in the misery of economy.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Fear of totalling the program in the misery of economy.
I'm more worried about losing my income than losing my Finnair Plus points, even if they were virtually worth thousands of €s before Covid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.