Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AY LUMO
AY wants an official document of parental leave. If I live in India or Bangladesh, who writes that document and how long is my parental leave?
Helsinki Flyer and on22cz like this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
AY wants an official document of parental leave. If I live in India or Bangladesh, who writes that document and how long is my parental leave?
I bet anyone in Connaught place will be more than happy to write you any certificate you like for a couple of hundred rupees.
intuition likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Why can't they not just copy the T&C from e.g. QF and adjust it to the local setting? https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/flying/status-hold
intuition likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
N.b. qantas makes it clear you lose lounge access duri g hold.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
I think they just screwed up updating the benefits in two places, on your logged in profile and then the standard benefits page. There are different wordings on each, for instance they updated the newspaper perk on one and the wifi perk on the other. They really can’t do version management, can they...
During my Lumo time I tried to find out why and where disappeared written Lumo perk about HEL lounge usage when Lumo customer using other than OW airlines.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
N.b. qantas makes it clear you lose lounge access duri g hold.
Does it? Am I blind or reading the T&C in exactly opposite view.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Does it? Am I blind or reading the T&C in exactly opposite view.
Sorry, I must have misread it entirely. I was on mobile device, and read only Platinum one had lounge, but reading now on a proper device I see clearly gold and upwards has normal lounge privs.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
During my Lumo time I tried to find out why and where disappeared written Lumo perk about HEL lounge usage when Lumo customer using other than OW airlines.
??? I have been able to do this on the few occasions when I have flown on non ow carriers. I have one coming up in a couple of weeks, let’s see how it goes with lounge access.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Trav1970

??? I have been able to do this on the few occasions when I have flown on non ow carriers.

Yes, I did it too and no problems but how do You know this Lumo perk exists?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Yes, I did it too and no problems but how do You know this Lumo perk exists?
Because AY told about it in the Lumo launch party. IIRC it was also on the printed materials given in the event.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:04 am

And if you are a new Lumo, you dont know about it. Strange.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:35 am
Moderator, Finnair

And if you are a new Lumo, you dont know about it. Strange.
The "beauty" of unpublished perks. You need to be in the know to enjoy them, so this creates yet another level. The super lumos are told about the perks, other are not. Makes Lumo even more alluring.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
If you access your account, open the benefits section (where it lists upgrade vouchers etc.), there is also a list of other benefits. One of those is Airport Services and under it there is a section Lounge which has the following statement: "At Helsinki Airport, you are welcome to use our lounges regardless of the operating carrier by showing your Platinum Lumo card and boarding pass."
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I suppose it disappeared from the general tier benefits description because they updated the information about Platinum Wing being open and the person doing it just forgot there was this extra note to be added. It would also explain why you can see it elsewhere while logged in.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

While I do understand the motive behind publishing the perks conveniently under each persons member page, I don't get at all why they would create different sets of the same text.
Maybe I am too much RDBMS-ish in my thinking, but doing duplicates of anything is asking for trouble. If they indeed were looking to allow unpublished perks to be seen in logged in status, they could still have had a singleton platinum_perk_list for the published perks and referenced it from all needed pages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.