Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This is quickly deteriorating.

EUR-HEL already 10+ days waiting.
HEL-SIN already over a week waiting.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: AY Silver
Yep, had to contact them for my last flight (GEN-HEL) after 2 weeks as it was the last one needed in my qualifying period which was about to end...
Old May 2, 2017, 12:36 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
My HEL-FRA from last Thursday posted today.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I've been waiting for a flight from Sunday, 23 April to post. It even disappeared from the Recent Flights list in the app which have always been a sign of a flight posting within a day. I thought it could be because there was an inbound remaining in the reservation, so the system might have been waiting for the complete reservation to be flown. But then, it would not apply to other OW flights as their outbounds posted within few days.
And reading your experience, it seems they have only "improved" their system. I hope it's just them developing the whole process, with some bugs on the way, so that it posts own flights much faster - what a shame that you have to wait almost a week to get AY flight posted to AY (well, now even more...), if it works.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by FossilFlyer
Yep, had to contact them for my last flight (GEN-HEL) after 2 weeks as it was the last one needed in my qualifying period which was about to end...
What? AY flies to Puente Genil?
Old May 2, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
I have also problems getting miles credited to BA program for Finnair flights. I have been forced to issue retro-claims for all of my AY flights in April as miles have not posted in the normal <7 days.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
My interpretation after some discussion with AY+ is that they are having some serious issues currently.
I got a "validation failed" on a OW retro-claim and asked why. The way I understood the reply is that posting and retro claims from OW partners had failed when adding to AY system (ie they do not fail the external validation, but still gets listed as 'failed verification'). Ie they have the points reported from OW but cannot get the points into AY+ accounts. The "solution" is to redo the entire external retro claim procedure...

I may have misunderstood this, but it is the first time I've heard such an explanation. It sounds pretty shaky...
Old May 3, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
During yesterday/today flights from 17 APR and 21 APR were posted. Didn't make any retro claim.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Data points: Two recent QF longhauls with AY metal both posted in 7 days. Two recent AY shorthauls both posted in 3 days.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
For me recently: BA and QF lh/sh on both carriers posted in 2-4 days. AY sh in 8 and 5 days.
Even though AY says the posting time is 5-8 days, I consider it terribly slow, considering it is posting time to their own program.
They should call A3 and ask how do they manage to post within approx. 24 hours to M+B.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by on22cz
For me recently: BA and QF lh/sh on both carriers posted in 2-4 days. AY sh in 8 and 5 days.
Even though AY says the posting time is 5-8 days, I consider it terribly slow, considering it is posting time to their own program.
They should call A3 and ask how do they manage to post within approx. 24 hours to M+B.
This. I flew 2x A3 flight yesterday and points are already posted. So less than 24 hours. ^^^
Old May 9, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Formerly AY+ Platinum Basic
Looks like the woes come and go. Just to add a data point - BA shorthaul segments just posted <48h to AY+.
Old May 12, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
No improvments so far what I can see..
Flew ARN-LHR-LPA return in Biz with BA and IB, ticketed by IB. BA-legs were registrered within 24 hrs, the return leg with IB after 3 days but the first IB-leg still missing. I just do not understand what's going on at Finnair Plus.
Old May 13, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Data point: HEL-ICN posted in 5 days (by the hour!)

Let's see how fast CX posts and the return HKG-HEL

CX - Thursday flight, Monday posted.
AY - Thurday flight, still no sign of points

Last edited by WilcoRoger; May 15, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
How long do retroclaims on partners take? Mine has taken over a week with CX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.