Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Aviating
Looking at the fare basis for a random date:
HO Flights (AY codeshare): ZLBA2FI
AY Flights: ZLBA2FI

From a ticketing point of view, the flights are exactly the same, so my assumption is that the earnings would be Zone based.
I'm not sure the fact that the AY flights and the AY codeshare on HO have the same fare basis means that they will both earn based on zones. For example, in my experience, a HEL-YYZ itinerary can be either HEL-JFK-YYZ or HEL-LHR-YYZ, both with the same fare basis and all on AY-coded flights, but depending on whether the flights are operated by AY or a partner, the earnings will be zone-based or km-based.
esledo likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Just a brief update (although this actually belongs to the well done AY thread): someone from AY called me a moment ago regarding the chat to apologize for both the incorrect advice rendered and the quality of service I received in general. I did not submit a complaint to AY, so they must have somehow noticed this proactively. In any case, very nice of them to call instead of sending a boilerplate message, and I am once again happy with the service from AY .
ffay005, florens, SPBanker and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by deissi
Just a brief update (although this actually belongs to the well done AY thread): someone from AY called me a moment ago regarding the chat to apologize for both the incorrect advice rendered and the quality of service I received in general. I did not submit a complaint to AY, so they must have somehow noticed this proactively. In any case, very nice of them to call instead of sending a boilerplate message, and I am once again happy with the service from AY .
Mistakes happen. In my books it is the service recovery that matters.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
I could rant about Janica’s lack of knowledge as well. Tried to find out the total luggage allowance on a reservation including one owe, one non-status and a lap-infant.

First I get told that nothing can be put into the hold in this reservation. When I question this as owe I get told that I may take one piece of baggage. When questioning the infant situation they tell me that a stroller and/or car seat are included as well.

Again I had to “milk” them for the information and if I would’ve just believed the first answer would have bought luggage even though everything was included as needed.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:06 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by duvin
I could rant about Janica’s lack of knowledge as well. Tried to find out the total luggage allowance on a reservation including one owe, one non-status and a lap-infant.

First I get told that nothing can be put into the hold in this reservation. When I question this as owe I get told that I may take one piece of baggage. When questioning the infant situation they tell me that a stroller and/or car seat are included as well.

Again I had to “milk” them for the information and if I would’ve just believed the first answer would have bought luggage even though everything was included as needed.
FYI, lap infant checked baggage allowance on AY is actually 1 bag + stroller.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by HJP
FYI, lap infant checked baggage allowance on AY is actually 1 bag + stroller.
unless it is a light ticket.

“ An infant’s baggage allowance includes one piece of baggage weighing a maximum of 23 kg (50 lb) (except for Economy Light). In addition, these allowances include a folding pushchair and a safety seat.

When travelling with the ticket type Economy Light, infants and children do not have baggage allowance, but a folding pushchair and safety seat may be transported free of charge. If needed, checked baggage can be added separately for a fee.”

Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Not AY but Finavia. Took them 15 minutes to attach a jetbridge today ...
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by florens
Not AY but Finavia. Took them 15 minutes to attach a jetbridge today ...
It is actually indeed AY driving the jetbridges.
florens and esledo like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Please FA I would appreciate a LOT if you, instead of all the nicefancy words etc to me, you would help the clueless pax with their boarding skill improvement by helping them board faster (training available at singapore airlines for example) so that these AY birds could depart on time. I hate the stressy connections, even more so when caused by careless pax who should not be blamed since they dont have the experience.
remymartin likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:04 am

No priority queue whatsoever at the Amsterdam airport at check-in/bag drop. So not cool.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:12 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by elventhor
No priority queue whatsoever at the Amsterdam airport at check-in/bag drop. So not cool.
There is no queuing when You walk past the pleb queue and head to the rightmost desk (nearby the toilets) designated for biz and status passengers.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by TTL
There is no queuing when You walk past the pleb queue and head to the rightmost desk (nearby the toilets) designated for biz and status passengers.
At least on my last flight there was absolutely no indication of that on that desk and they were serving plebs. Obviously I skipped the queue and got my bag checked, and obviously I got all the hate from the plebs in the queue which makes me mildly uncomfortable.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Just booked my 6th longhaul as Lumo and again upgrades waitlisted (again, J seats on revenue sale). So disappointed that I wrote a feedback to them that they have one very disappointed poor man with a shiny card and gave them suggestion how the upgrades should be handled.

If you are in the same lousy camp as me regarding "no J tickets to buy", I must already now recommend not to run for Lumo. Better to stay pleb Plat and co-spend for *Gold instead of *Pleb (or SkyTeam FWIW) and AYLumo
vulle, intuition and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Poster

What a boarding.

Arriving at HEL by car, 50mins to takeoff at fast-track, boarding announced. Gate 50C. I decide to skip the lounge as I, through window, see BMW waiting.

Okay at 50C there is only 1 agent for priority queue and ahe is occupied with something. Through hoard of people I see she is doing entry for disabled people. Ot takes time, and economy queue agents are not helping out but standing still waiting, reason being waiting for the buses! I can see the BMW but the sole lady at prio queue processes the disabled for 10mins! and the eco agents do nothing. Finally, queue budges and another Lumo guy enters the BMW, I wait my turn through a mass of folks mostly misplaced in eco, and when it is my turn to scan my BP, I see BMW leaving without me, with that other guy!

While on bus, getting hungry and regretting I did not take a lounge tour which I would have time plenty had I known this circus, the bus moves now to apron just to wait there for another 10mins without aircon and sweating until they open doors and let in the A350, where equally confused crew and my another Lumo-mate waits.

So the well-in-time-begun boarding turned into ill-managed hassle and 30mins waiting in vain, and late departure, with a hungry pax onboard.
NO GOOD.

Finally enjoying my J meal now and it is good, once again kudos for AY for the J meal improvements.
vulle, DALtoAAL and remymartin like this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, that is just insane.
I get that they can't always have a limo at the gate, but ihaving a limo and not processing the prio boarding so the limo decides to go. Just insane.

Having staff idle while there is a line at priority makes me, the lowly platinum basic J-flyer mad. Maybe it is a good thing I refuse the lumonatics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.