Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
AY changed the wines on their preorder catalogue, excellent Zenato Amarone (for spoils when combining the persistent 20% off campaign+preorder voucher with 1000p) is now gone and I don't think the equally priced Brunello is really equal. Or, maybe equal for some in taste but not for me. Hoarding the tax free limits has been my past time for all OSL-flights so don't know what to do now….1st world problems for sure
ffay005 and LoungeEnthusiast like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
They used to have some very nice St Emilion Grand Crus at very reasonable prices - especially with the 20%-off and voucher(s). I don't know if they still have them
Old May 31, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
They used to have some very nice St Emilion Grand Crus at very reasonable prices - especially with the 20%-off and voucher(s). I don't know if they still have them
Can you combine the -20% promotion they seem to have every other month with the -10% discount for tier members? First 20 off, then 10, for no EU destinations that is.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:45 pm

Doesn't seem to work, at least no tier discount is calculated even if one logs in.

I tried the St. Emilien on a flight but did not awe me.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:06 am
R2

The St Emilion wines they had on pre-order were much better (and presumably more expensive) than the one they used to serve onboard for C pax.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
AY changed the wines on their preorder catalogue, excellent Zenato Amarone (for spoils when combining the persistent 20% off campaign+preorder voucher with 1000p) is now gone and I don't think the equally priced Brunello is really equal.
​​​​​​Too bad the Amarone is gone. Maybe they will bring in a new Amarone. Brunello and Amarone are different types of wines, and should't be compared against each other. It's like apples and pears. But I hear you, you are an Amarone drinker 😜.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Furry

Can you combine the -20% promotion they seem to have every other month with the -10% discount for tier members? First 20 off, then 10, for no EU destinations that is.
No, you cannot.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
​​​​​​Too bad the Amarone is gone. Maybe they will bring in a new Amarone. Brunello and Amarone are different types of wines, and should't be compared against each other. It's like apples and pears. But I hear you, you are an Amarone drinker 😜.
There are only two types of wine, good and bad, most Amarone's falling in the first category (or, haven't had bad one ever but not always good value for money). As said, the only other wine in the same price range in the current catalogue is the Brunello, hence my complaint

And I think the St. Emilion on preorder is the same as in LH J, wasn't impressed of it on the air but hopefully it is better on the ground. Naturally, with regular OSL-trips, I have well stocked my wine cabinet with most options. Actually, maybe they dropped the Zenato because of my repeated X4 orders ( they also moved from 2014 to 2015 vintage sometime during winter)
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Which is an anomaly in itself, right? Cause they never used to do any plat perks in j cabin...
Really? My Lumo experience is quite the contrary - in Y the purser greetings are quite rare especially since they took the newspapers away (bloody hell!), whereas in J they happen almost all the time. The fact that it's less crowded and you very often have the whole block of seats just for you (I'm very much a window seat kind of a guy) may contribute to it.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Really? My Lumo experience is quite the contrary - in Y the purser greetings are quite rare especially since they took the newspapers away (bloody hell!), whereas in J they happen almost all the time. The fact that it's less crowded and you very often have the whole block of seats just for you (I'm very much a window seat kind of a guy) may contribute to it.
I guess nobody told you not to talk "seat block" with me OK, I am going to spare everyone this time.

But yes, really. No recognition at all. But I am mere platinum basic, so perhaps the platinum perks moved one step up and is only offered to lumos.

Admittedly, I have not flow at all last 12 months, so maybe things have changed. But I can't actually recall when I had any specia "platinum" attention shown to me in J. Newspapers was for all in J, drinks are for all in J. And newspaper is always like this
"Oh, my god he doesn't speak finnish, let's not give him a choice, remove all paers except Financial Times. "
Then I ask for HBL in one of the official languages of Finland and they return with Jyllandsposten

No greating, no recognintion of membership or returning customer. No chat and no service that differs from what everyone else in J cabin gets. Service is not bad, that's not what I am saying, but it does not matter if I am plat or pleb. At all.

Blocking full row in J is unheard of. Sure, if I opt to move to row 5 at OLCI and no one is in row 5, then there is a 50% chance that it will stay free IRL. But on row 1 (and 2 )there always always always is 4 pax, 1A, 1C, 1D, 1F

Last edited by intuition; Jun 5, 2019 at 11:27 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I think the recognition rate has gone up during the past year or so. Now I always get a ”Good to have you back” greeting and ”Until next time!” farewell, even with Norra.
intuition likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by lkrt
I think the recognition rate has gone up during the past year or so. Now I always get a ”Good to have you back” greeting and ”Until next time!” farewell, even with Norra.
My has been declining. From almost every flight to none of them this year. Both LH and SH, Y and J
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I have flown several short-haul flights in business this spring. I have always had a "Plat greeting" from the purser.
intuition likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Well this is annoying. I went to go purchase a gift card on line from the Finnair shop. They only accept payment via Finnish bank account, of which I don't have. I called the service number to ask if I could purchase it at the airport, placed on hold for a few minutes only to be told I need to call another number. I write it down, hang up and go to call. It's the same number I just called. I'm not calling back only to be placed on hold again, the total call time was almost 15 minutes.

Does anyone know if these can be purchased at HEL? I'll be there next week in any case. I sent them an e-mail, but I'm not expecting a reply until I'm in Finland next week.

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I don't think it's possible. Perhaps you could get help from a friend with a Finnish bank account? The voucher/gift card itself is fully tranferable so anyone can buy it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.