Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
I have to share this chat experience with Finnair. I was trying to ascertain whether the AY codeshare on Juneyao on PVG-HEL will earn according to km or according to zones from AY chat, and this is a quote of the chat (in Finnish, sorry). I have redacted the first part where I had to explain to her that an AY codeshare does not earn according to the HO accrual table.

Me: tarkotin kuiten sitä Juneyaon operoimaa Finnairin codesharea eli AY3512
en HO-lennonnumerolla olevaa lentoa
niin eli saako siitä pisteitä kilsojen vai vyöhykkeen mukaan
I meant the Juneyao-operated Finnair codeshare so AY3512
not the HO coded flight
so does that earn according to kilometers or zones

AY "Janica":Siis ei mistään lennoista saa kilsojen mukaan pisteitä?
Uhm, no flights earn points base on kilometers?

Me: mitä tarkotat
what do you mean

AY "Janica": Siihen vaikuttaa varausluokka jäsenyys
It depends on booking class membership

Me: mutta lennon pituus kilometreissä ei vaikuta
but the distance of the flight in kilometres doesn't affect

AY "Janica": Ei
No
[long quote from AY website re point calculator]

Me: Eli jos lennän vaikkapa Iberialla MAD-SCL niin lennon pituus kilometreissä ei millään tavalla vaikuta siihen, paljonko pisteitä saan?
So if I fly, e.g., on Iberia MAD-SCL, the length of the flight in kilometers in no way affects the number of points I earn?

AY "Janica": Ei
No

Me: siis trollaaksä
Are you trolling

AY "Janica": Pistemäärä ei kerry kilometri määrän mukaan. Oletko lukenut ollenkaa noita piste asioita? laitoin sinulle linkin siitä
The number of points is not based on the number of kilometers. Have you read those point things at all? I sent you a link
loimu likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN
While that kind of "service" is utterly crap I cannot help myself thinking what kind of links did you get and did you read those? (It has been said at least twice on Finnair Plus pages that codeshares are credited depending on the fare class or ticket type, and flown mileage.)
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
@deissi

poor you, when I get that level of service, I lose my mind totally and start throwing desktop stuff like Kalervo Jankko
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by on22cz
If you don't mind extra segments, start from TLL. You'll probably be well below 300€ even with AY positioning to TLL.
If you don't need tier points / segments, redeem points. 15(16)k + 33€ brings the cost down significantly; even with repurchasing points it's total around 250€, let alone points sales etc.
I purchased in July one night weekend(in August) with return in Helsinki overnight trip TLL-WAW for 115€ through kayak.de web search and paid with Visa card.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by deissi
Me: siis trollaaksä
Are you trolling
Repes.

I had no idea that CS is so detached from their own rules...
esledo likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by esledo
While that kind of "service" is utterly crap I cannot help myself thinking what kind of links did you get and did you read those? (It has been said at least twice on Finnair Plus pages that codeshares are credited depending on the fare class or ticket type, and flown mileage.)
She posted a copy paste of the text on the points calculator page and a link to the page. I wanted to check whether the codeshare is credited based on kilometers also in case that Finnair flies the same route.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
She posted a copy paste of the text on the points calculator page and a link to the page. I wanted to check whether the codeshare is credited based on kilometers also in case that Finnair flies the same route.
I don't find the website all that clear. But my experience is that AY codeshares earn based on km flown (not zones) and also earn the status bonus (e.g., 25% for Plats). Additionally, business class earns at 200%, instead of the usual 125% if booked using the partner's code. Bottom line, it usually pays to book as an AY codeshare if crediting to AY+.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
AY codeshares (at least on OW metal) earn by km and will include status based bonus.
The points calculator has shown correct values for these situations.
I fly SYD-SIN/HKG/BKK/NRT as AY codeshares several times per year.
esledo likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
From the other side of the question, in theory all partner marketed flights (as long as OW metal) should earn km based points, but I have had several occasions with AB (RIP) and CX, where I was on a Finnair metal, not on AY code, yet got the zone based AY+ points... As per usual with Finnair, the name of the game is inconsistency.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
I was trying to ascertain whether the AY codeshare on Juneyao on PVG-HEL will earn according to km or according to zones from AY chat, and this is a quote of the chat (in Finnish, sorry).
Looking at the fare basis for a random date:
HO Flights (AY codeshare): ZLBA2FI
AY Flights: ZLBA2FI

From a ticketing point of view, the flights are exactly the same, so my assumption is that the earnings would be Zone based.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:51 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by TTL
No plat drink on AY370 KUO-HEL ATR on sunday evening - out of booze - SCANDALOUS!

Dubious explanation - the carts are filled only on every three days. Should I file an official complaint? Watering down the only benefit on those flying sardine tins!

Moreover, Gate 7 arrival. So much blabbering about the "easy" connections at the HELL airport by Finavia!
I received a reply thanking that I brought the issue up. Filling and contents of the carts is being re-evaluated and on platinum rich routes the most liked choices are kept on board. + 5000 points !
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum
@deissi - I'm amazed. Please escalate this somehow. In this case Varausluokka Jäsenyys Janica's ignorance is probably the second biggest problem of that discussion. That kind of language towards a customer is unacceptable (even if having been asked if she was trolling, which was a perfectly understandable question in these circumstances).
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by loimu
@deissi - I'm amazed. Please escalate this somehow. In this case Varausluokka Jäsenyys Janica's ignorance is probably the second biggest problem of that discussion. That kind of language towards a customer is unacceptable (even if having been asked if she was trolling, which was a perfectly understandable question in these circumstances).
I agree that the language was unacceptable, but based on the chat I also got the feeling that she was (a) new on the job; and (b) not very good at expressing herself in writing. I therefore figured I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she did not mean to be rude and instead was only somewhat clumsy in expressing herself.
loimu and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by deissi; Aug 2, 2019 at 12:32 am
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by TTL
. Filling and contents of the carts is being re-evaluated and on platinum rich routes the most liked choices are kept on board.
Platinum-heavy routes finally acknowledged as true booze-cruise'
Ed Size, cistavoda, on22cz and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by juhanh
AY codeshares (at least on OW metal) earn by km and will include status based bonus.
The points calculator has shown correct values for these situations.
I fly SYD-SIN/HKG/BKK/NRT as AY codeshares several times per year.
I don't believe the calculator on AY's website shows correct values with status bonuses for AY codeshares. For example, the calculator says LHR-HEL in "I" will earn 3,652 points each way, which does not include the status bonus. As a Plat, I earn ~4,900 points for BA flights on that route booked as an AY codeshare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.