Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin

j class “burger” according to AY101....
This is the J class burger meal according to AY1. Not the greatest burger, but at least one is not hungry after this.

remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:46 pm

Wi-Fi not working on LZG HEL-LPA. One FA said it might work, another that problem known for some time. So why dont they fix it? Long flight especially having to turn back to gate in HEL, but this problem fixed in one hour, thanks.
esledo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:14 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Chat has turned bad. Idiot-BOT most times there. I recommend Finnair to stick that BOT to where sun does not shine!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AY Gold
Yesterday I managed to pass the BOT, just typed 'personal service'
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:30 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Resulting in a line of how many people before you? 7 currently even though having fed in all the required details.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have played with the chat a bit.
IME, I as Lumo have had highest 3 in queue but quickly coming through so I guess they give prio to me in line, while I have played dummy statusless Jorma Lerssinen for fun and seen the queue number grow during waiting.
TTL and remymartin like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:18 am
TTL

Talking

What would Sigmund think of the latent content of your fake identity... Gradually I got to real chat and the chatperson was simply clueless on what happens next monday and what could they do for my reservation. "We will inform our passengers of the changes to happen". I passed on some comments to the IT-department on this latest "development".
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by TTL
Chat has turned bad. Idiot-BOT most times there. I recommend Finnair to stick that BOT to where sun does not shine!
Referring to weather in Finland, or smog situation in some of AY's destinations?
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:06 am
TTL

Originally Posted by on22cz
Referring to weather in Finland, or smog situation in some of AY's destinations?
To the end of gastrointestinal passage - in fact.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
The pricing calendar seem to be malfunctioning and shows "starting from" prices that actually can not be bought. While trying to demo the effect on a call to CS, pricing interpreted this as high interest -> prices increase even more.
I already sent a message to Customer service as plat line could not do anything for the matter. But has anyone any clue on how quickly RM might cool off if no tickets are actually bought? I don't think it is likely that during 10 minutes (especially during which the prices already went up 3 euros in a call with CS) so many tickets are sold, so likely change is caused purely by interest. But how to confirm it if price calendar does not work and essentially checking ticket prices always creates interest -> cool off (if such exist) is postponed?

I think that from legislation perspective, if one "advertises" tickets for price X, should tickets be able to be purchased in order the "starting from" to be valid at all.

Edit: 10 minutes after, using wifes phone (wifi off) and Finnair App, luckily the price returned to "normal" that was still 36€ higher than in price calendar view. So be aware
Update here. First AY denied any errors, then after responding with a mention of consumer authority's guidelines, after 2 weeks of consideration IT-unit has realized that there indeed was a system error.
Voucher proposed as settlement that is quite okay and I'm satisfied. Lessons learned, complain, continue to complain and ultimately get resolution.
ffay005, SPBanker and NoiseFilter like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Update here. First AY denied any errors, then after responding with a mention of consumer authority's guidelines, after 2 weeks of consideration IT-unit has realized that there indeed was a system error.
Voucher proposed as settlement that is quite okay and I'm satisfied. Lessons learned, complain, continue to complain and ultimately get resolution.
I had noticed that too at one point, and it looks fixed now. Great job. Do you think you could also get them to do something about this miserable half-finished steaming pile that they call their website?
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It's sort of sad that when you try to help them, the response is so negative.

I understand that they get calls of the "I want to fly to XXX and it's too expensive" type, and also of the "I was looking at tickets to XXX yesterday and now when I am ready to book, the price has doubled" type, and they probably have set answers to these so every Janica knows what to say. But Janica should also understand that in this particular case, it was different and there was actually something that didn't look right. Not just the price, or the change. If you hadn't been so persistent, the error would very likely have remained unnoticed.

Did you get the voucher as a thank you for pointing out their error, or as a compensation for a ticket that you bought at a price that was erroneously too high?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Actually, it looks like the "starting from" price bug still exists. Just now, I tried to look up a ZRH-HEL-SIN flight in J for January. When selecting a departure flight, it displays a price of 1376.95 CHF for outbound. After having selected the return flight, the summary suddenly shows it as 1645.95 CHF. Clicking on the outbound again confirms that the price has gone up by ~250EUR from what was originally displayed.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Well, they have acknowledged the error, not remedied it.
I would say the voucher was compensation for the price error + little bit extra. I don't what would have been the resolution should I have had booked the tix with "my App" with the 100€+ markup. But the pricing engine is working so likely you are not able to get the tix at "starting from price" because such tickets do not exist.
But would not put my hopes on getting the 250€ difference as compensation either although legally I still think there are valid grounds for that.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, they have acknowledged the error, not remedied it.
Sounds awfully a lot like the pricing error on QF-awards. Book it online and pay fake tax GST. Call CS and no GST is charged. They know about the "error" for years, they just don't care to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.