Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 2:55 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, but because Finnair claims to be data-driven (ie they make changes based on solid data, like customer input) this is a survey that won't support anything.

Would changes can they do if they get strong feedback that "Taste of the meal" was dissappointing? It could mean anything:

• It didn't taste well to me, because I had the same meal 5 times this week and I'm fed up
• It didn't taste well to me, because I think a meal should be comprised of meat and veggies
• It didn't taste well to me, because I had no idea what I was eating and staff could not tell me
• It didn't taste well to me, because I would rather had the chicken

A lot of aspects is now all canalized into a taste issue.
(Perhaps with intent? "There is no accounting for taste, so these complaints are nothing we have to act upon")
Old May 20, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by florens
6 to GVA on a hangover Sunday.

The AY beer selection is certainly disappointing for a Põhjala fanatic coming to the Tallinn Craft Beer Weekend in June? let me know!
My record is 8 various adult drinks on an ARN HEL in AY C, or a bottle of DP on SIN CGK in SQ F a while ago.
florens likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 3:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ranskis
The AY beer selection is certainly disappointing for a Põhjala fanatic coming to the Tallinn Craft Beer Weekend in June? let me know!
My record is 8 various adult drinks on an ARN HEL in AY C, or a bottle of DP on SIN CGK in SQ F a while ago.
Sadly not, will spend most of June in the USA.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Getting to experience the new interior on AMS-HEL in the front. For a short flight like this it’s fantastic. However, I tried it in lie-flat mode… Not convinced. I could find a comfortable position for a few minutes, but sleeping for hours? Since I snore like hell, especially after a few drinks, I don’t want to be completely flat. And now I don’t know how to keep my head and upper body a bit elevated.

Still, my overall verdict is clearly positive. The privacy, the screen, general ambiance of the cabin is just great. Will definitely try this on long-haul at some point.
NoWindowSeat, FFlash and aah_ like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by LentajanPoika
Have bag tags really been phased out? I recall when I reached gold I had to specifically ask for them through cs. A colleague of mine chatted with Plat Whatsapp yestreday, after reaching platinum status and they told him they'd send them asap. Knowing AY IT and cs "incompetence" it could be a fluke, but hoping for the best.
Who knew. I've been swallowing the news they don't have them any more for a few years. But sure enough, after reading this I asked through WA, and the answer was "sure, I'll post you some"
r2d2, NoWindowSeat and SPBanker like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: AY+
Adding API online still not possible? Tried different browsers.
Way to go AY
Old May 23, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
You can use the chat bot. This still qualifies as online, even if some real person does the job in the end.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by Jainzar
You can use the chat bot. This still qualifies as online, even if some real person does the job in the end.
No use, the bot redirected me to MMB page which returns an error. Continuing the chat, the bot then proceeds to a vain attempt to redirect to a human;
> "chat is closed, please try again later"

2022 everybody. Oh well. Gotta call in / send a whatsapp
Jainzar likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:56 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Quite a challenge

Quite a challenge, if I want to earn some benefits!

I'm not sure how to exactly gain Finnair. Do I need to become majority owner? Or maybe it is Finnair status I need, like becoming employed by Finnair?

If it only had been "Earn benefits by gaming Finnair", I'm much more interested in that challenge!
Old May 24, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Friday 3rd of June

Anyone here know why almost all flights to Helsinki are zeroed out on the afternoon/evening of Friday the 3rd of June? Nothing available (LH/SK/AY) from ARN/CPH and only a few expensive seats from OSL, MUC, FRA.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:30 am

I just booked HEL-OSL on June 6th evening, as June 7th morning only has business left. Home CPH-HEL June 9th. Y booking class, Classic ticket, 700€+. Revenue-based FFP please…
Old May 25, 2022, 2:42 am

What is going on with OSL flights? Looking at OSL-HEL June 17th. Afternoon flights only C left. How is that possible???
Old May 25, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by niksal
IY booking class, Classic ticket, 700€+.
Well, BT has nonstop TMP-OSL-TMP at Mon, Wed, Fri for 80-100€ return. Maaseutumatkailua
FFlash likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by temppa
Well, BT has nonstop TMP-OSL-TMP at Mon, Wed, Fri for 80-100€ return. Maaseutumatkailua
Hey stadiboy gets lost outdoor reindeer circle haha
temppa likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
2nd time at HEL with the new security. Approximated a mere 300m of queue on the normal security lines. Got an email on staff shortage yesterday. Priority worked surprisingly well.
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.