Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:47 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Does anyone remember the award voucher prices for pp and ay lounges during the points era?

I was checking the ay shop prices now and they want 9932 Avios for pp lounge and 4600 Avios for ay lounge (lowly silver) entrance.
Those seem like terrible prices, considering ay wants 235€ for 10000 adios.

Was it that bad during the points era or is this just a new “enhancement”.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:06 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by OptimusPlane
Does anyone remember the award voucher prices for pp and ay lounges during the points era?

I was checking the ay shop prices now and they want 9932 Avios for pp lounge and 4600 Avios for ay lounge (lowly silver) entrance.
Those seem like terrible prices, considering ay wants 235€ for 10000 adios.

Was it that bad during the points era or is this just a new “enhancement”.
AY lounge access for silvers were 8500 points when complimentary access was scrapped.
OptimusPlane likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Finnair holding plane for VIP?

Someone I know somewhat told me a story about when he/she had worked within VIP-care, making sure visiting VIPs got everything they needed. About 10 years ago, there was a famous celebrity (whom I will not name here, but someone especially people 40+ will appreciate) visiting Helsinki for a few days and then flying Finnair to a destination in Asia. During these days my acquaintance was asked by the celebrity to get the Finnair-plane to wait 30 minutes, since he needed to attend an event just before departure. My acquaintance was flabbergasted but the next day managed to pull a few strings to get in touch with someone senior at Finnair, and the flight ended up actually delayed 30 minutes for the celebrity to make it.

Had I been asked, I would have said 99% impossible for something like that to happen, but I do trust my acquaintance. What is your take here, could this story be true?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I would say, while unusual, it's not impossible. Knowing the right people is key in this country that calls itself the least corrupted country in the world.
Carotthat likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Someone I know somewhat told me a story about when he/she had worked within VIP-care, making sure visiting VIPs got everything they needed. About 10 years ago, there was a famous celebrity (whom I will not name here, but someone especially people 40+ will appreciate) visiting Helsinki for a few days and then flying Finnair to a destination in Asia. During these days my acquaintance was asked by the celebrity to get the Finnair-plane to wait 30 minutes, since he needed to attend an event just before departure. My acquaintance was flabbergasted but the next day managed to pull a few strings to get in touch with someone senior at Finnair, and the flight ended up actually delayed 30 minutes for the celebrity to make it.

Had I been asked, I would have said 99% impossible for something like that to happen, but I do trust my acquaintance. What is your take here, could this story be true?
If there are favourable winds so they know they are going to make it up, or the aircraft has a quite long turn, and there there is no risk for connections, why not? They do it quite often for delayed connections, why not for delayed celebrities?
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
And there is also business side, making a favor for some megastar (assuming so, or just a pleb without PJ) who likely files fullfareJ with the posse can mean 5-10 J seats for future flights as well. So, not corruption, possibly also smart business.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
As of yesterday it's still blueberry juice
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
As of yesterday it's still blueberry juice
Maybe you took that news seriously.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by lento
Maybe you took that news seriously.
I did see the date, but the "news" was very much in line with normal AY PR...
Old Apr 20, 2024, 7:30 am

I can't find the relevant thread at the moment where this was being discussed, but I managed to use the Aspire at gate 27 as an arrivals lounge. Naturally scanning of the arriving BP was required. My suspicion is that the system just checks that the boarding pass has the correct date. Additionally, Plaza Premium at the NOSE area actually even advertises on their poster by the stairs access also for arriving (that is not simply departing nor connecting) passengers.

Cheers,

Tseta
Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So is it FNF245 that Finlands president is flying currently home? Just passed by but didnt see them.
Trackable on FR24
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:19 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Newest -30% Flash sale belongs here. Try explaining this in layman's terms.

Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by avermat
Newest -30% Flash sale belongs here. Try explaining this in layman's terms.
And I thought in the new Avios world, where you get more when you spend more, the Flash sale should be adding 30%.
FFlash and Tseta like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
I received the dreaded "Information about your journey - The schedule of your flight has changed" email. Fearing the worst, I opened it and... the change is that my flight leaves at the same time but arrives 10 minutes earlier than previously scheduled. I still had to click on the "manage my booking" link and accept the new flight times.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I received the dreaded "Information about your journey - The schedule of your flight has changed" email. Fearing the worst, I opened it and... the change is that my flight leaves at the same time but arrives 10 minutes earlier than previously scheduled. .
BKK-HEL ?
a_k and thierre like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.