Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
A very full A321 this morning on HEL-CPH. Good to see that demand is back, but it’s difficult to motivate
to the employer 600€ for an intra-Nordic ticket.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by niksal
A very full A321 this morning on HEL-CPH. Good to see that demand is back, but it’s difficult to motivate
to the employer 600€ for an intra-Nordic ticket.
Wrong country. We are such a bunch of pennycounter managers here who want you to stay in office and create no cost while I can say and see for example swedish company milieu forking a 600€ tix easily without a blink.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by oliver2002
it seems AY A359 will now also operate LH 474/5 MUC-YUL vv starting June. Curious what they will send to operate those routes.
OH-LWC goes MUC today and will start on MUC-YUL-MUC 4Y76/77.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
OH-LWC goes MUC today and will start on MUC-YUL-MUC 4Y76/77.

OH-LZR arrived an hour or so earlier. Probably the gate slot was reserved for the A350, which I was surprised fit in T1 at MUC. I was expecting T2 gates. What a fantastic flight. The minicabin was completely empty (still old cabin). The old school crew was one of Finnair's best. Finnair could've sent the cold and hiding crews to serve Lufthansa and BA pax too... and not their best people.
OH-LGG and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:16 am

What is old school crew?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:19 am

my attempt at characterising pre-covid, pre-cost cuttings, pre-sustainability, and pre-enhancement.
TPJ, florens and FlyeBye like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems the first 4Y/AY flight from YUL arrived in T2 so the pax could connect better to LH flights. IN general the 4Y flights depart from T1 in MUC. The crews are all volontary, so curious/motivated crews are working the wet lease flights.
florens likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by zxcv1
my attempt at characterising pre-covid, pre-cost cuttings, pre-sustainability, and pre-enhancement.
Oh, I thought old school crew was 80's permanents etc.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

OH-LZR arrived an hour or so earlier. Probably the gate slot was reserved for the A350, which I was surprised fit in T1 at MUC. I was expecting T2 gates. What a fantastic flight. The minicabin was completely empty (still old cabin). The old school crew was one of Finnair's best. Finnair could've sent the cold and hiding crews to serve Lufthansa and BA pax too... and not their best people.

I think they reserve those crews for my flights 😁😁

If its really a voluntary assignment thats really a good move, perhaps motivates people more
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
. Finnair could've sent the cold and hiding crews to serve Lufthansa and BA pax too... and not their best people.
At least on 4Y the pax who are used to LH cabin crew would have felt more at home had this been the case
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
One crew member told me it’s not voluntary
SuloL likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Cabin announcements seem to be rewritten. Instead of hyvät matkustajat or ladies and gentlemen, the greeting is now hei/hej/hello. Somehow it sounds cheapish and reminds me of a LCC, but I will probably get used to it and not even notice it after a few flights.

What does annoy me, however, is that they now address pax in singular form. This is not evident in English but in Finnish and Swedish it is “lentosi” etc. Sounds like my first grade primary school teacher when she was talking to the whole class. I found that dumb when I was seven years old, and still do, some decades later. I am, after all, not the only passenger on board (unfortunately!).
nordic likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
What does annoy me, however, is that they now address pax in singular form. This is not evident in English but in Finnish and Swedish it is “lentosi” etc. Sounds like my first grade primary school teacher when she was talking to the whole class. I found that dumb when I was seven years old, and still do, some decades later. I am, after all, not the only passenger on board (unfortunately!).
Indeed! I just thought first that it was the chirpy purser doing a bit, but then realized that the script must have indeed changed.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:56 am

Even worse: “kunnes kapteenimme on sammuttanut …” like talking to kids.
nordic, ffay005 and aah_ like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Even worse: “kunnes kapteenimme on sammuttanut …” like talking to kids.
How did I read that as ”captain fallen asleep” like what happened few days ago elsewhere😆

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.