Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by cantongirl
Are you gonna do a MR to PVG ? 😎
Unfortunately the COVID lockdown made PVG-international departure side very miserable. Many shops/restaurants even Starbuck were forced to close. It is still slowly reopening, so choices are very limited. PVG has its best restaurants on domestic departure especially T1, and I mean much much better than the other side

In T2 airside I remembered there were only 2-3 restaurants left, a better restaurant is CANTON8. I haven't tried this branch but I had it in its Michelin2star-headquarter in the downtown which is great.
If you would eventually go to the land side, there are more options on T2 4th floor before entering security.
松鹤楼, authentic Suzhou style noodles.
Carino, Good bakery
Chargee, a bubble tea-fruit tea shop.

And if you are going to visit downtown by metro, and still wanna grab something, 陈香贵, a beef noodles restaurant ( typical norther-west Chinese cuisine) right outside the metro entrance of PVG, which between T1 and T2 connection, is recommended.
I am going to stay 5 nights in shanghai. Thank you for your recommendations but i meant the city of shanghai not the airport. I should have written it more clearly.
Old May 11, 2024, 12:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
Just a quick notice for anyone interested in Turku region, the restored Sud Aviation SE-210 Caravelle III in old AY livery next to the airport is open for public today from 10am to 3pm.
ffay005, vulle and FFlash like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 12:58 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Purserin painajainen
Just a quick notice for anyone interested in Turku region, the restored Sud Aviation SE-210 Caravelle III in old AY livery next to the airport is open for public today from 10am to 3pm.
And tomorrow

Bluebird open during summertime 2024

Jetliner Caravelle III OH-LEA Sinilintu (Bluebird) of Aviation Museum Society is open during the 2024 summer season between 10 am and 3 pm:
  • 11.-12.5. (Mother's Day on 12.5.)
  • 25.-26.5.
  • 8.-9.6.
  • 13.-14.7. (National Day of France on 14.7. Flag will be raised.)
  • 18.-21.7. (Thursday-Sunday due to Tall Ships Race at Turku)
  • 3.-4.8.
  • 17.-18.8.
Admission charge is 5 €/adult, children are free of charge.
https://www.caravelle-projekti.fi
Old May 11, 2024, 3:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Thanks guys!
Old May 15, 2024, 12:34 am

Hey, maybe something is actually happening, this just dropped through leanlab;
"Finnair will open a new lounge in the Schengen area at Helsinki Airport in the summer of 2024. Now we would like to hear your thoughts for the name of the Platinum area of the new lounge. You can also share your own name suggestion!

You can vote and share your ideas until Friday, May 17th, 2024"
Old May 15, 2024, 12:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AY1337
"Salad bar" or maybe "idiot corner"?

Or possibly "have status, will be seated".
SPBanker likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
"Finnair will open a new lounge in the Schengen area at Helsinki Airport in the summer of 2024. Now we would like to hear your thoughts for the name of the Platinum area of the new lounge.
Finnair's two suggestions for the name of the Paltinum area are:
- Platinum corner
- Platinum winglet

To me this sounds like the Platinum area is not going to be a separate lounge like in the non-Schengen area but rather just a small part of the new lounge. Maybe with some a la carte options?
Old May 15, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by haapalainen
Finnair's two suggestions for the name of the Paltinum area are:
- Platinum corner
- Platinum winglet

To me this sounds like the Platinum area is not going to be a separate lounge like in the non-Schengen area but rather just a small part of the new lounge. Maybe with some a la carte options?

I would be super surpised if there is any ala carte or even champagne, more likely a corner area with a more relaxed athmosphere ie quiter and thus more seating for plats. Kind of like the Lumo area now

But time will show...
r2d2, SPBanker and Purjelentaja like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 1:53 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Wing and Winglet are too easily mixed. We call the Lumo Corner just that, so Platinum Corner sounds fine to me.
Old May 15, 2024, 1:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by kauppias
I would be super surpised if there is any ala carte or even champagne, more likely a corner area with a more relaxed athmosphere ie quiter and thus more seating for plats. Kind of like the Lumo area now

But time will show...
At a minimum, there should be a better buffet, perhaps a bit like in the Non-Schengen lounge.
Old May 15, 2024, 6:16 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
Wing and Winglet are too easily mixed. We call the Lumo Corner just that, so Platinum Corner sounds fine to me.
So, let it be Piglet.
ffay005, vulle, Kelju and 4 others like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
At a minimum, there should be a better buffet, perhaps a bit like in the Non-Schengen lounge.
should be alot of things but the pessimist in me fears it wont be anything more special then reserved seating for plats vs the cattle lounge prove me wrong finnair 😀😂
Old May 15, 2024, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
So, let it be Piglet.
damn I should HAVE suggested that name in the write a suggestion 😀🤷‍♂️ much better
OH-LGG likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Hey, maybe something is actually happening, this just dropped through leanlab;
"Finnair will open a new lounge in the Schengen area at Helsinki Airport in the summer of 2024. Now we would like to hear your thoughts for the name of the Platinum area of the new lounge. You can also share your own name suggestion!

Ryysklubi
intuition and FFlash like this.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:32 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite

Was I the only FT person at AY+ Plat event in the Balmuir shop tonight? I must say the gender balance was a bit different from the normal FF meetings. Nice discounts.
vulle and intuition like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.