Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
After searching, I found that skates are usually OK for handbaggage but resteictions vary by airline. AY says:
  • Skates are allowed when departing from Helsinki, but other destinations might have restrictions
BUT then they say also this:
  • Objects with a sharp edge or workmen's tools capable of being used to threaten the safety of the aircraft
Anybody with practical experience about Skates in carryon bag? What do securiry check say?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: AY+
Now this is höpö

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...reen-tier.html

When do we see AY+ Green
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by tulokas
Now this is höpö

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...reen-tier.html

When do we see AY+ Green
Enjoy a unique Green tier digital Qantas Frequent Flyer card. You can also change your Qantas App icon to an exclusive green edition to show how sustainable you are.”

I’d love to see boarding passes be green so that woke and green DYKWIA’s can brag about their sustainability to others!
work2fly, ffay005 and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The sustainability goals for Qantas green tier can be shortened to 4 words “give us more money”
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:52 am

Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:17 am

Well done AY on that one👍
work2fly and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by ffay005
Why not take a free HUS test, available 7 days a week, with results in by next morning? Works fine for DXB, too, done it several times now.
Because that is meant for people with symptoms/suspected infection, not for leisure/business-travel.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Because that is meant for people with symptoms/suspected infection, not for leisure/business-travel.
Where does it say this? Not on the booking form at least. Also, why does HUS then provide a cetrificate for travel including passport number? Höpöhöpö I say. I'm taking back every penny I can from the government.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Where does it say this? Not on the booking form at least. Also, why does HUS then provide a cetrificate for travel including passport number? Höpöhöpö I say. I'm taking back every penny I can from the government.
I think the fact that you can't even get a time to reserve a test unless you specify that you have symptoms might be a good clue (using the official koronabotti). But you are right about the travel certificate, it seems however this was implemented because so many were requesting this and it took manual labour to get it sorted: https://www.hus.fi/ajankohtaista/kor...tin-tuloksesta. In fact the HUS-representative says it shouldn't be used for your own leisure travel: "Periaatteessa Husin todistuspalvelua ei ole tarkoitettu esimerkiksi vapaa-ajan matkoihin" (quote from https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/0...d-c49d970be739).

The articles I cite here are a year old however so things might have changed. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong here, as that would mean future money-saving :-)
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The HUS travel certificate was introduced at a time when the government wanted to test everybody and then some. Sneeze once, and they wanted to poke your nose. I regarded the certificate as an incentive to have people getting tested.

Sure, after that, the very same government has changed their mind a gazillion times. I have no idea what their current mindset is, or what it is tomorrow, or next month. They don't know themselves, either. I am just happy that they will pay for my test, and I feel no shame. Not about flying and not about getting tested.
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:57 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Quite höpöhöpö if this not has not been reported earlier.

Point transfer from spouse to I - 10 eur of 410k.

Used to be much more tedious. Now the question remains how to spend 2M...

Avios seem to pose a similar problem as QR has declined their own currency. Avios program is quite costly and restricted for transfers even within "family accounts".
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by TTL
Quite höpöhöpö if this not has not been reported earlier.

Point transfer from spouse to I - 10 eur of 410k.

Used to be much more tedious. Now the question remains how to spend 2M...

Avios seem to pose a similar problem as QR has declined their own currency. Avios program is quite costly and restricted for transfers even within "family accounts".
Coincidence, I transferred also remainingnpoints into my account. Still last year I got it free.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTL
With Avios you don't need to move points - the Avios in the several family accounts are pooled and when redeeming each is charged proportionally (difficult to describe, simple in practice)
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
At the aspire lounge in HEL, the construction is quite annoying, lots of drilling noises etc...

Just FYI if anyone is planning on relaxing here plan again
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From HfP - wonder, how long AY will keep up the theatre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.