Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by TroyJohns
Yesterday's AY8 had a great crew! But my gosh was the upholstery worn out in J, have they ever considered replacing it?

I was connecting to OUL and went to the (great!) Platinum Wing and was at first denied til I produced my MIA bp as an AA CK. On my connection I asked for champagne and was told 14 or something, had to push that I'm OWE. FA asked for the card, which I do not have as AA hasn't sent me my new CK kit yet, but eventually she relented and believed me. My AAdvantage number was in the booking and no codeshares so I don't know what that was about. I recall reading the Platinum thread mentioning that OWE gets the drink too in addition to AY elites.
There should be a mention of OWE on your boarding pass, be it self-printed or airport-printed. That should suffice for the CC (although I have no idea whether OWE qualifies for the free drink or not; on AA, CC automatically see me as AA EXP because of my AY Plat/OWE card and thus I'm qualified for the free snack).
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by FFlash
In the spirit I need to give one for the team.

Booked LHR award some 3 weeks ago, also upped with voucher. No space available so waitlisted. Next day working time got sms to pay the ticket and upgrades cleared both ways.
Thanks AY. (although the A359 seemed to have low load in J, so why keeping back the inventory)

Later last week, 2 friends wanted to join my show tomorrow and I asked 2 more awards, X+vouchers. Waitlist again. 5 hours and got payment link again, tix home. Happy camper and big Win for AY as these 2 friends are rookie idiots and will be first time spoiled in J to LHR. I can hear their chill approaching.

Checked in, we are having (for the moment it seems) the whole mini-cabin to oulrselves.
(again, why AY keeping back the inventory?)
Just a Well, well done AY retrospect on my bolded text: the flights both ways remained empty in J except us and 1 outbound, 2inbound pax. Well done..!..(assuming some Y pax were so well done to NOT use the chance of upgrading to J)
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
Congratulations on Lumo! I'm starting to feel I'm in the minority here with my lowly Platsku.
I'm with you, and I ain't even trying to reach Lumo.
ffay005 and juhanh like this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Had same cabin crew today HEL-ZRH as last night ZRH-HEL. She recognized and greeted us.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
really awesome crew today on AY142!

just so nice and friendly with smooth service all the way 👍
vulle, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Kauppias! Were you salading too much or why do you AY-praise much more than normally??
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Kauppias! Were you salading too much or why do you AY-praise much more than normally??
more salads and I guess the suprising fact that now that I am testing AY+ I have had to fly AY more 😂😂 still plenty to complain about but something good too😁

we will see if this continues or goes back to status quo.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Had to deal with rebooking questions and refunds yesterday, after it was a little complicated to get in touch with AY, everything went very well, with numerous calls from AY CS to figure things out - extremely well done on a Sunday in the current situation.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Just checked seats on the "last" rescue-flight-style AY162 from SGN, and I noticed all the seats are "Complimentary"! Snatched 21A and C before anyone else realises.
So, thank you Finnair!
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Had to deal with rebooking questions and refunds yesterday, after it was a little complicated to get in touch with AY, everything went very well, with numerous calls from AY CS to figure things out - extremely well done on a Sunday in the current situation.
I'll second that: In the complete turmoil of the past 2-3 weeks, Finnair has been impeccable waiving change fees and rebooking me on the return leg of a BUD-HEL-JFK which should have taken place today. Their attitude was in sharp contrast with that of BA which behaved like a bully until they HAD to offer something, then was the last airline to relent, and only for vouchers which may be better than zero, (maybe...) but fell far short of a refund.
The Finnair vs BA attitude will not be forgotten if and when we get through this crisis.

My JFK-HEL over 6 weeks ahead already seems to be cancelled by AY, so I expect it will be refunded, but in a world where 1 day can become a game changer, 6 weeks feels like an eternity.
loimu and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:07 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Plat number took care of my flight change in a five minute call, including wait.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by remymartin
Plat number took care of my flight change in a five minute call, including wait.
I have to say this is something one really appreciates. Imagine you had booked with, say, TAP, and had no status with them. I wonder how long you would have needed to wait.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Exactly. Someone I know needed to talk to EK and 5.5h queuing in KL EK office didnt help.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I must also give kudos to AY's service in these times. The plat number still picks up fairly quickly, and they are very helpful, polite and accommodating. I can only imagine the stress they must be going through, and yet they seem to be calm and collected, trying to find the best possible solution. It's not the service agents fault that flights get cancelled.

I would actually be bold enough to say that we in FT should do some crowdfunding thing to remember the service agents in some nice way. Everyone pitches in with lets say 20€ and after this whole thing is over, perhaps they can get tickets to Allas or do some other small nice thing with the pot. I realize it wouldn't be much and I don't know how big their team is nor where they are located, but I think we should think about how we can give something back to the frontline of AY CS.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by niksal
I would actually be bold enough to say that we in FT should do some crowdfunding thing to remember the service agents in some nice way. Everyone pitches in with lets say 20 and after this whole thing is over, perhaps they can get tickets to Allas or do some other small nice thing with the pot. I realize it wouldn't be much and I don't know how big their team is nor where they are located, but I think we should think about how we can give something back to the frontline of AY CS.
CS team is located in Kajaani so Katinkulta spa tickets would be more suitable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.