Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Yesterday ARN-HEL. Observed Purser giving Plat welcomes . Haven't seen that in months on a flight.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by florens
Yesterday ARN-HEL. Observed Purser giving Plat welcomes . Haven't seen that in months on a flight.
My Lumo welcome was a "you do know that you have to pay for the coffee?!"
r2d2, ffay005, intuition and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda
🤣🤣

Whenever flying y on SK and I order a "few" drinks they usually just snidely say "your Diamond arent you?" 😆😆

But the low esteem ay has flr Lumos is amazing... its NOT THAT easy of a status to achieve and requires way too much BIS miles on ay metal 😁

You would think they would make you all feel welcome onboard and reward you with that instant coffee crap
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by cistavoda
The moment to use the Katotaan concept in reverse.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'm thinking Lumo is going to be history. They might not remove it officially, but I think they have very little apetite for honouring the promise/expectations of a supertier concieved in a quite different era.
cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by on22cz
The moment to use the Katotaan concept in reverse.
Our highly valued lumos will enjoy the full experience of what katotaan cocept has to offer!
Silvers and other lowlifes will only see some of the full concept, so this is way we ensure to keep the tier segmentation!
travelmoments likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
I'm thinking Lumo is going to be history. They might not remove it officially, but I think they have very little apetite for honouring the promise/expectations of a supertier concieved in a quite different era.
I wont mind anymore hahaa. But you have a point there anyhow
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Our highly valued lumos will enjoy the full experience of what katotaan cocept has to offer!
Silvers and other lowlifes will only see some of the full concept, so this is way we ensure to keep the tier segmentation!
could very well be, to be honest if they are NOT going to offer any perks there is no reason to keep it, then again, at this point they need to decide how they will surive and in what form, a LCC or a premium carrier, IMO they dont really offer much now in quality and service to make anyone really choose them. To be fair not many airlines now are, some but not many...
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kauppias
could very well be, to be honest if they are NOT going to offer any perks there is no reason to keep it, then again, at this point they need to decide how they will surive and in what form, a LCC or a premium carrier, IMO they dont really offer much now in quality and service to make anyone really choose them. To be fair not many airlines now are, some but not many...
The high-value corporate clients who make up most Lumos probably value being a "special" tier more than most of the benefits. Marginal cost to AY is almost zero.
esledo likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:46 am

Equipment change after online check-in. Found out by chance and was assigned middle seat. WhatsApp solved the issue in 2 minutes. Great service.

Poor that you don't get notifications from app from such significant changes (like preselected seat and equipment change)​​​​​
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by casper79
Equipment change after online check-in. Found out by chance and was assigned middle seat. WhatsApp solved the issue in 2 minutes. Great service.

Poor that you don't get notifications from app from such significant changes (like preselected seat and equipment change)​​​​​
Indeed, not sure why they cant have respected choices for seats for elites ie I allways want a aisle yet ay assigns a middle aBout 40% of the time
Steve_Hun and Ukki like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Seat can be changed after checkin in app. Click „modify checkin“. I found this useful, also to try and grab an empty seat next to me on not so busy flights. Basically check seatmap via EF before boarding and then amend seat selection via app.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by florens
Seat can be changed after checkin in app. Click „modify checkin“. I found this useful, also to try and grab an empty seat next to me on not so busy flights. Basically check seatmap via EF before boarding and then amend seat selection via app.
Expertflyer and online check-in did not show same possibilities. I had exit row and online check-in shows as full but expertflyer showed space. Maybe because only plat, not Lumo
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Expertflyer and online check-in did not show same possibilities. I had exit row and online check-in shows as full but expertflyer showed space. Maybe because only plat, not Lumo
This is a known bug though between app and web version of seatmap. For some reason, fewer seats are shown in app than in web version. Maybe aircraft change messed everything up too.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by kauppias
Indeed, not sure why they cant have respected choices for seats for elites ie I allways want a aisle yet ay assigns a middle aBout 40% of the time
You must be on some kind of blacklist. I've never been assigned a middle seat. My aisle preference is in my profile, and that's what they assing me every time. Then I go and change it to whichever seat I want, but their suggestion is always aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.