Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by r2d2
ARN T5 has a structure where all pax arriving on Non-Schengen flights must pass through transit security (or go landside after passport control).
Indeed and it frustrates the hell out of me not only for transit but moving between the concourses, when I had an SK irrop and lounge dragon told me to speak to the service desk on the non-Schengen side. Fine, my flight was (supposedly) departing from there anyway. Wanna guess where that desk told me to go? Speak to the desk which is right next to the elevator of the SK lounge where I came from. To get back there I had to take down the long escalator, wait in line for immigration, then go thru security Not pleasant at all.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
ARN is a shaite airport indeed. Only good are the pucks you can buy and bring to finland
vulle and intuition like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:41 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Flex-tickets cancelled by bot and refund applied from web. Processed in 9 days. Not bad!
florens and FFlash like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Dunno of something that should work anyway merits a clapclap, but given these days, I acknowledge the short time got my moneys back for a PE Flex booking, and a schedulechange-induced award, without any penalties and minimal hassle (had to remind them once about missing the award points not deposited)
Old May 17, 2022, 6:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Is it really such a taboo, ...
Aha, well maybe it isn't. I just assumed, as they are militant about the no-check-to final on separate tickets and for the no-free-same-day-changes. Also, I couldn't imagine the no-service-desk at HEL airport issuing a new ticket, but then I guess they will too do such service!
Old May 17, 2022, 7:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Aha, well maybe it isn't. I just assumed, as they are militant about the no-check-to final on separate tickets and for the no-free-same-day-changes. Also, I couldn't imagine the no-service-desk at HEL airport issuing a new ticket, but then I guess they will too do such service!
Good question, I have had status with AY so long (since the DC9 days..) that dont know how they deal as standard. I have done changes via gate/lounge/phone/checkin/transit desk, its been a while since the last time (prior to covid) and it was phone then. No idea what they can/will do at HEL nowadays but if transit desk cannot do ticketing, what are they there for?
Old May 17, 2022, 7:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
To store some employees that won't fit elsewhere in the organisation?
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:10 am
R2

Originally Posted by TTL
Flex-tickets cancelled by bot and refund applied from web. Processed in 9 days. Not bad!
Everything is relative. I recently did the same on Lufthansa ticket, the refund was on my debit card account the same day! I was very surprised.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

the no-service-desk at HEL!
Thank you. THIS was the desk name that I was seeking in the other thread post of mine.
intuition likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair

I was plat-talked today! But that is not the reason for my "praise-posting".
Today on AY1338 was a younger FA who was much more a people person than most AY crew. She made conversation much more natural than most AY crew I've seen. Apparently she used to work for BA. (Not a merit, but perhaps she got out of there in time
Well done whoever hired her.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: AY
I was plat-talked today! But that is not the reason for my "praise-posting".
Today on AY1338 was a younger FA who was much more a people person than most AY crew. She made conversation much more natural than most AY crew I've seen. Apparently she used to work for BA. (Not a merit, but perhaps she got out of there in time
Well done whoever hired her.
Seems like I had the same FA on AY1511 today. Unusually talk active and really nice person, speaks also german and french from what I have heard. A true role model for others at Finnair
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: AY+ plat / SK EBG
Had a strange event yesterday - but a pleasant surprise. Arrived at a domestic airport earlier than expected. Went to check-in and asked if I could take the 1 hour earlier flight back to HEL. No questions asked and got a new boarding pass in 30 seconds. Never before has this been possible. Maybe a hole in the time-space continuum...

Would really like to see this as a real perk...

Thank you Finnair.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:16 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jmv71
Had a strange event yesterday - but a pleasant surprise. Arrived at a domestic airport earlier than expected. Went to check-in and asked if I could take the 1 hour earlier flight back to HEL. No questions asked and got a new boarding pass in 30 seconds. Never before has this been possible. Maybe a hole in the time-space continuum...

Would really like to see this as a real perk...

Thank you Finnair.
I have never understood why AY has been so tight here, charging for later flight I fully understand but earlier is a win-win as it releases a later seat available to sell and also makes the customer really happy in the process.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I have never understood why AY has been so tight here, charging for later flight I fully understand but earlier is a win-win as it releases a later seat available to sell and also makes the customer really happy in the process.
Indeed, I have been at the airport going to ARN and my flight was overbooked, I offered to go on the earlier one, and was told sorry we cant chcnge until YOUR overbooked flights departure incase someone no shows 😁😁😁

So I waited and my flight was indeed heavily oversold and they called me to the podium and I told them sorry not intrested anymore, so they bumped someone else, and paid them comp when I would have done it earlier for free ay logic. This was years ago when I still played the AA game but still thought it odd...
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Indeed, I have been at the airport going to ARN and my flight was overbooked, I offered to go on the earlier one, and was told sorry we cant chcnge until YOUR overbooked flights departure incase someone no shows
Hah, that's just plain stupid. I can understand taking an earlier flight is not allowed when your own flight has availability. Otherwise people could book a late flight if it has lower price and then just hope to get on an earlier one. However many airlines allow you to take an earlier flight if your own flight is full. Some do even proactively suggest that at the check-in desk and might even offer you the opportunity for standby on earlier flights if the whole day has been sold out
esledo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.